The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from e2mustang :guys cmon,its not the bmw's fault dickheads driving it.

Quote from e2mustang :he wont have children coz hes gay.simple as that. probably thats why that awesome mr2.. god...

youre not exactly doing a stellar job at changing that stereotype
aw crap jibber already pointed that out
Dam now I know why i keep returning to this place it makes me laugh.

Although i have to say that IMO every modern BMW is ugly as hell.
And the guy behind the wheel is likely to be 10 times as ugly and an arrogant piece of shit.

The funny thing is most modern Audi drivers are even worse.
Quote from hp999 :Actually, this happened to me...

Long story short, I was on a tour bus(note... not in the country I live in!) and some BMW was trying to cut infront of the bus. But because he barely barely made it, he stopped the car, put the car in reverse whilst being diagonally on the road and started backing into the bus, even though he really didn't bump it. And he stopped the traffic on the road at the same time for a good 10 or 15 seconds.

Oh the joys of *** drivers (feel free to fill in the gap:razz.

Something similar happened to my dad. There was a women driver in front on the phone, driving slow because the bus in front was emitting lots of black smoke. So my dad decided to take over, and as he started taking over, she floors the gas causing my dad to nearly crash into the car in front, then brakes and laughs.
Sorry was very busy yesterday didn't get home from work till 11pm!!

Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, noone denies that Golfs, no matter what engine, are good cars. It's just that with the history that Golfs have in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, they are regarded as Chav Cars.
Being cheap, and available in abundance (Golfs are the most sold type of car in the countries mentioned) and the huge market for mofifications, Golfs became the chav car here.

Golfs are not cheap, they were one of the most expensive cars in their class (more than Focuses, Peugot 307s etc), only one that's really comprable is the 1 Series and the A3 in terms of price. So because in your country, a car just happens to be popular in the modification scene, that makes it a chav? Do you even know what a chav is?

Quote :Well, why does it need to look like a GTI then?
Again, to elaborate: Many chavs here like to pretend their cheap, not so hot hatches are sports cars by adding spoilers, lowering them and adding fart cans, and driving like public roads are racetracks. It's just mimikry.

Because I want it to??????????????????? Because there are a million other Golfs which look like mine and I'd like to personalise it!?

I'm not pretending it's any faster, then again it's not a "cheap" car so I don't need to make it look more expensive. It's not a Citroen Saxo or somecrap...

To be honest my car is quick enough to keep up with a GTI till about 80mph and then the extra BHP of the GTI would pull out a slight gap but that's beyond the point, I've not added spoilers or doine anything outwardly detrimental to the cars appearance (apart from under the bonnet but that's my visions anyway).

You can't make a diesel sound like a fart can, but I am decatting it to give a more whoosy sound and help turbo spool up (reportedly but I'm going more for the noise), I drive sensibly especially considering my age.

Quote :I for one drive a 55 bhp Polo. I could've gone for a quicker car in my price range, but having to pay 300€/year for tax and insurance, plus good MPG, and being well equipped (pretty much everything's electrical, plus automatic aircon, etc...) was irresistible. I know it's not even remotely "sporty" and I don't pretend it is.

Good?

Quote :Well, I was referring to "nicer" than a 64 bhp Golf D (note: NOT turbo diesel), if you are after a sportscar. If you just want a reliable and cheap to run car, then it's perfectly fine... Just no need to "ruin" the main upside of being a cheap car by spending a huge amount of money on modifications which's sole purpose is to make the car look like a sports car, which it isn't and never will be.

Because your friend obviously likes his car (whether he still does or if was just a phase is irrelevant, at the time he felt it was worth it). People don't modify them to make them look "faster", just more personal and individual to them.

Quote :And just to counter your shot at age and responsibilities: I'm 28, and I too have bills to pay, without getting support by my parents... But my choice of car leaves me with a tad money to spend on other luxuries.

So you choose luxuries, I choose my car? I don't need any other luxuries, we have Sky TV, Broadband, big TV...there's nothing else I really want/need.

Quote :Now, most modified golfs over here are horrible and very tacky, and are cheaply done. Also, it was rather an analogy: to make something "cheap" appear to be a more expensive product, just not as extreme.

Right so in terms of my plans what exactly is extreme about it? Or cheap for that matter..

Quote :Looks are very subjective. Even though I dislike making other Golfs look like GTIs, I do like the look of GTIs, they are very tidy and not overly flamboyant.

So you're a hypocrite....you don't like the look of a Golf GTI unless it's actually a Golf GTI? You wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless you heard it was a diesel or saw the interior and the lack of a flat bottomed steering wheel...

Quote :I personally don't like debadged cars,

Which is your opinion, fair enough...

Quote :...as I think it does make the front and rear look empty. Also, as debadging doesn't serve any other purpose and making a car look "purrty", I think money can be spend better elsewhere.

Money spent elsewhere? It cost me £0.00 - Hairdrier and a Blockbuster card to get the letters off....some old Tcut to remove the residue of the glue.

Quote :My problem isn't with the car itself, but with the fact that that person had the need convince himself and others that his cars was something it actually wasn't.

He/I/we know that our cars aren't really GTIs or whatever...we just like them LOOKING like one.

Quote :Additionally, he wasn't exactly "happy" with it, as he mostly saw what it wasn't, and what it couldn't ever be, no matter how much effort he took. On a sidenote, that friend as aged and matured, and spending so much money on that car for those reasons is what he regrets the most in his life.

Then he's lived and learnt?

Quote :While I can understand the notion, I don't understand how buying and adding mass produces aftermarket parts make a car personal. Now having a true custom car is different, but just slapping on random parts so it doesn't look stock might make a car unique, but certainly not special.

The same parts they fit on at the factory, just on a different "spec" of the same car.

Quote :Also, as I said, over here, GTI lookalikes are nearly as common as stock Golfs, so not really a good choice for individualists.

Here it's not so much, mostly because people buy them for Economy purposes and to them they're just another tool, nothing more than a car.

Quote :Nope, Austria. People are allowed to modify cars here

oh okay

Quote :It's not narrow-mindedness, at least not predominatly. It's rather trying to prevent younger ones to spend lots of money on things that are useless in the grand scheme of things...

Hmm, useless to who? Going out and getting drunk every weekend, spending hundreds of pounds a month on nightclubs and booze only to piss it all away and have nothing to show for it? That's useless, but having spent it on something you are proud of, something you've taken from just a car to your car, being able to see and visualise your money taking shape, that's not useless - at least not to me.

Quote :And a sidenote: I don't dislike you personally, even if you do seem to get a lot of flak in these forums.

Let's make out!

and thanks Dejavu
Quote from S14 DRIFT : Because there are a million other Golfs which look like mine and I'd like to personalise it!?

solution... buy a car that not every other chav owns
Quote from Shotglass :youre not exactly doing a stellar job at changing that stereotype
aw crap jibber already pointed that out

i just hate that car,i already said what i think of it. and yes i need a mirror so i can see all the dickheads that trying to race me.You would be surprised how normally i drive on the roads,but when ****s are on my ass i just hate that.thats when the animal comes out.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Golfs are not cheap, they were one of the most expensive cars in their class (more than Focuses, Peugot 307s etc),

Well, as they are import cars for you Uk blokes, that's true for you, but over here a used golf isn't that expensive to buy, thus it's a chav car. As in, chavs, people of low intelligence and income, buy them and mod them with various problems. In the area I grew up in, it was quite a common problem that guys were 20.000 Euros in debt after modifiying a 2.000 Euro Golf... with no resellvalue whatsoever.
Quote from e2mustang :i just hate that car.

So you've never seen up close and personal, driven or owned one. How exactly can you hate it? You really are a bloody idiot.
Quote from ColeusRattus :2.000 Euro Golf... with no resellvalue whatsoever.

Golfs here aren't worth much more than that anyway. You get some market inflation through idiots who think they are something special, but after a bit of bartering you can easily get one down to around 2-3k.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :So you've never seen up close and personal, driven or owned one. How exactly can you hate it? You really are a bloody idiot.

i did see but not close up,yes i never driven one.how can i hate it? look at it.easy.mr idiot
and what do u care why i hate it?
@Colleus

So because a car isn't expensive, it's a chavs car?

You can be of high intelligence but on a low income, many graduates here are unable to get a job in their chosen field, likewise you can have a complete idiot on £50,000 a year so you don't know what a chav is, unfortunately. :sadbanana

Mk5 Golfs here start (for a 1.6 with steel wheels and nothing inside apart from some seats) for £3250 which is about 3600 euros? Mk4s for about...£1750? Mk3s for £1000 and Mk2s for about £750..

Most of the auctual chavs (Ie those people in shell suits who have no desire to work, or no drive to learn a skill or trade, who sit around all day spending what income support money they get on booze or drugs) watching Jeremy Kyle, can only afford 1/10th of that for a car. They all have Peugot 106s and Hyundais. Thus a Golf is not a chavs car.
now we hate golfs too? what do we drive than? gipsy benz's?
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by S14 DRIFT : shit is on the nipple.
i know,commented to the above bashing people
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Mk5 Golfs here start (for a 1.6 with steel wheels and nothing inside apart from some seats) for £3250 which is about 3600 euros? Mk4s for about...£1750? Mk3s for £1000 and Mk2s for about £750..

Really?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2804704.htm - Mk5, 1.9TDi, Alloys, much specage and just £3,750, before you start to haggle. I bet you could get him down to 3k flat without breaking a sweat.

Or maybe what you want is a Mk4? No problem, just £995 pre-haggling. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2831360.htm

That is without actually trying to find a cheap one.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Really?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2804704.htm - Mk5, 1.9TDi, Alloys, much specage and just £3,750, before you start to haggle. I bet you could get him down to 3k flat without breaking a sweat.

Or maybe what you want is a Mk4? No problem, just £995 pre-haggling. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2831360.htm

That is without actually trying to find a cheap one.

Hmmm

The Mk5 is, as the advert says, priced for quick sale. I was talking generally, based on averages. 150,000 miles is not average. I stand by my pricing of a 1.6 FSI SE.

You may get him to £3,500 but if you think you could get him to £3,000 then you're as full of hot air as the fart I just produced (but without the smell hopefully).

If you're willing to bet £100....?

That Mk4 advert seems a bit dodgy to me. That car is overly cheap, smells of a ringer. Combined with an advert age of 16 days (a long time for such a 'bargain', a seller called Ali Baba and "lady owner" probably would put me off.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

You may get him to £3,500 but if you think you could get him to £3,000 then you're as full of hot air as the fart I just produced (but without the smell hopefully).

If you're willing to bet £100....?

i hope you realize that for him to win £100 he has to spend £3000? and you're forgetting that the guy is looking for a quick sale. do you really think the he would let somebody just walk away with 3 grand in his pocket.
here's how the deal would go down.

you -hi, i'll give you 3 grand right now cash for that car.
him -hi, no sorry, i really need the 3750.

you- (take money out of pocket and show it to him) 3grand buddy, take it or leave it.
him- i really need the 3750 mate.

you- (put money back in pocket) that's fare enough. (walk away)
him- ok ok , is 3 grand all you have?
you -yes it is.

him- ok but you're breaking my balls.
you- it's nothing personal, just business.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

That Mk4 advert seems a bit dodgy to me. That car is overly cheap, smells of a ringer. Combined with an advert age of 16 days (a long time for such a 'bargain', a seller called Ali Baba and "lady owner" probably would put me off.

Exactly my thoughts, your not finding a MK4 TDI 115 with under 100k miles in that nick for under 2.5k...

You can get some MK4's for under a grand, but your talking 1.4E's, which have nothing, your lucky for a radio.

That MK5 TDI is a good find, though i'm not to keen on going down in power, thinking of sticking with the MK4 and maybe get an anniversary, insurance is only £100 more for the PD150 now, happy days.

Also, happy days #2, on the trip back from Glasgow today...

http://i51.tinypic.com/2d2aomr.jpg
only 19 c°? wow i just came back from bushkill,PA, to jersey.its 32 c° here.frikkin hate it. i also passed 179 k miles
Quote from Bawbag :Exactly my thoughts, your not finding a MK4 TDI 115 with under 100k miles in that nick for under 2.5k...

You can get some MK4's for under a grand, but your talking 1.4E's, which have nothing, your lucky for a radio.

That MK5 TDI is a good find, though i'm not to keen on going down in power, thinking of sticking with the MK4 and maybe get an anniversary, insurance is only £100 more for the PD150 now, happy days.

Also, happy days #2, on the trip back from Glasgow today...

http://i51.tinypic.com/2d2aomr.jpg

*high fives fellow Golf enthusiast*

How did you get that sort of milage? Downhill in gear with 0 throttle? Tow?
11 miles of 40mph average speed camera, was mostly a slight downhill/flat for a bit, was at 98, then dropped to 94 at the end when I hit a few hills.

I did cheat and reset the trip computer when I was already on the motorway, but on my way in from Stirling this morning in the traffic then the motorway I got 62mpg, but again most of it is 40mph.

My average over 1500 miles is 50.5mpg, which is really good considering how many times i've been late, or tested for limp mode, which seems to have cleared itself.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :@Colleus

So because a car isn't expensive, it's a chavs car?

You can be of high intelligence but on a low income, many graduates here are unable to get a job in their chosen field, likewise you can have a complete idiot on £50,000 a year so you don't know what a chav is, unfortunately. :sadbanana

Mk5 Golfs here start (for a 1.6 with steel wheels and nothing inside apart from some seats) for £3250 which is about 3600 euros? Mk4s for about...£1750? Mk3s for £1000 and Mk2s for about £750..

Most of the auctual chavs (Ie those people in shell suits who have no desire to work, or no drive to learn a skill or trade, who sit around all day spending what income support money they get on booze or drugs) watching Jeremy Kyle, can only afford 1/10th of that for a car. They all have Peugot 106s and Hyundais. Thus a Golf is not a chavs car.

Nah, it's not a chavs car because i's cheap, but because chavs buy it. And it seems chavs over here are wealthier than in the UK... Don't worry, I get that a Golf isn't a chav car in olde engerland, but it is in austria, germany and switzerland.

And I do know what a chav is, and what a chav's equivalent is over here. we call them "Prolet" or "Prolo"... It's basically the same thing. I think yobbo was the english term before chav became fashion.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Really?

Standard spec, high miles, 1.9. Obviously going to be cheap.

I've got a 2.0 GTTDI which I paid £10K for, but it only had 30K miles and is actually high spec. I've done *nothing* to it, only ever gone to a VW garage etc and will probably still be able to sell it for 8-9K.

Seriously though, why anyone would want to make it individual or even waste money on making a low spec one look better is beyond me. Just save the money and get a better car.
Best so far in my 306 HDi, did 800 miles to tank which I worked out to be just over 64mpg. Well chuffed.
Quote from Minimaxman :Best so far in my 306 HDi, did 800 miles to tank which I worked out to be just over 64mpg. Well chuffed.

What were you expecting? It is a diesel afterall.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG