The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Agniz :

How you can make a good looking opel?
- Just park it between two Lada's

Quote from Agniz :hahahah
sry for bad translations :S

Why every opel needs to have a heated rear window?
- To get your hands warm, when you push it, in winter

Old latvian folk-belief - in summer nights you can hear how opel is rusting

How you can sell your opel for double price?
- Fill the fuel tank

How you can make a good looking opel?
- Just park it between two Lada's

Opel, aids, syphilis - which one of those doesn't belong in this list?
- Syphilis, because you can get rid of it

Why do someone invented opel?
- Because there needs to be a car which is worse than ford

This made my week. bahahaha
Some more, maybe will remember even more, latvians got sooo much jokes about opel

What do you call a opel at the top of a hill?
-a miracle

What do you call two opel's at the top of a hill?
-a mirage

How do you make a opel go faster downhill?
-turn off the engine

What is the difference between a opel and a tampon?
-tampon comes with it's own tow rope

What's the difference between a opel and the gay bar?
-it's less embarrassing if your friends see you leaving the gay bar
Quote from Jakg :It's readable by ANPR (so not likely to get pulled over all the time), but it's still not reflective so not legal (if it's a metal pressed plate).

You can have 3D plates though (I think... mine are "normal" UK plates, but the text is also raised).

You're talking crap.

Mine are probably slightly more reflective than a regular plate; but not so much they are unreadable under light. I will take a photo for show later. Mine also passed an MOT without even being mentioned. It's standard size and spacing that is most important, as long as they are not matt and have some reflection they will be fine.

Also there's nothing illegal with "metal" plates; dubmeister sell some which are FULLY legal and BSAU marked; they are metal.

Adam mate ignore them as I'm sure you've already done. Never been in trouble for mine plus passing an MOT = fine.
Like I said... all of the ones *i've seen* are matt pressed plates - they do not reflect like a "proper" UK plate at night.

I'm sure that more reflective ones exist... but as I've never seen one yet, I think most pressed plated are illegal.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Adam mate ignore them as I'm sure you've already done. Never been in trouble for mine plus passing an MOT = fine.

Don't worry, i've already ignored the previous posts. Those plates have been through an MOT as well and they passed fine lol.

Cheers for anyone who posted a positive comment
Quote from BlueFlame :No it isn't.

Erm, yeah it is.

I know plenty of people who run pressed plates front and rear, and the only one person who has ever had any number plated aggro from the police (we are cruisers remember, we see police and get our cars checked all the time) was one guy with a 54 plate seat ibiza, and that was because his plates didnt display the makers name and the bsau145d number, a legal requirement if the vehicle was registered after 1st september 2001, fact.

Unless of course suffolk and cambs police are all lying.
Traffic cops aren't always 100% knowledgeable on the law... there are many things that are "technically" illegal but that nobody will ever mention.
Quote from danthebangerboy :that was because his plates didnt display the makers name and the bsau145d number, a legal requirement if the vehicle was registered after 1st september 2001, fact.

that is technically correct however it wouldn't really be a finable thing; your plate is clearly displayed and legally sized and spaced - only the really most up-arsey of police man would do you for that. i would just say "well passed an mot so suck my wang".

also jack then you must have selective vision. i've never seen a "matt" plate...certainly not on my travels and i do a lot of traveling!

here's a photo taken before i went out with my mate tonight. the civic on the left is my neighbours which has a standard plate, mine is a pressed one i got from ebay in an abt tuning surround.

for some reason when the flash is on the inside of my case shows up..fine when it's off but hey..

Hmm i guess so, i remember having a bit of a, well i wouldnt say arguement, more of a differing view of the law with a cantankerous police officer regarding this whole numberplate mullarky back at the beginning of summer, my plates havent got the bsau number or makers name on them, well that was it, he started on about 60 quid this and on the spot fine that, to which i replied that while a plate missing this info would be illegal on quite a lot of cars, that it is not so on mine due to its age, he looked a bit puzzled and a couple of people who were with me agreed that yes my plates were legal, he ended up going back to his patrol car and reading through all the documentation, before having to back down because i was right, thats the first time i have ever gone up against a copper regarding a legal matter and not come off worse haha.
Interesting... will have to keep an eye out next time I see a pressed plate.
the laurel almost where i want it

Quote from Agniz :hahahah
sry for bad translations :S

Why do someone invented opel?
- Because there needs to be a car which is worse than ford

This one is golden!
Quote from nisskid :the laurel almost where i want it

Quoted for greatness. What a lovely looking car
Did I really just see Jack post 3 photos of his broken mirror (OH NOES!) and a video?...

thanks guys, wasn't sure how that styling would be received here.
It's epic.

Is the HCR32 gone?
Quote from Matrixi :It's epic.

Is the HCR32 gone?

nah mate, looking more ghetto than ever, this is my streeter in Japan, both are keepers, my other cars just get used and abused, rarely last longer than a few months before they are parted out and sold off.

not me driving (lent it to some dude competing after he broke his mid-comp - i was judging the comp)

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Did I really just see Jack post 3 photos of his broken mirror (OH NOES!) and a video?...

Don't forget the one of the other cars mirror..or lack of
Quote from nisskid :thanks guys, wasn't sure how that styling would be received here.

It's looking awsome!
Fingers crossed getting a free full exhaust system. I was asked if I would allow an exhaust company to use my car as a development bed, so just getting dates all arranged but probably drop my car off 10th december and get it back the next saturday so the 17th. it's a 150 mile drive to the place and i won't have my car for a week but i can't complain - turbo back system all free.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG