The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )

rear sway installed yesterday morning

front sway was installed this morning... was a paaainnn alone (involves dropping the sub frame), but together they feel great.

Wheel faces are done and I get to pick up tomorrow.

Throttle body in the works; balance shaft delete in a few weeks, roll bar ships this coming week.
Quote from PoVo :They're useful to eat fast food while driving

lol what; do you drive fast and furious style and shift every hundred yards for no reason?

I concur that CVTs are junk..

Just wait until Mazda releases Skyactiv; it will change everything.
I don't know how Irish people can drive manuals at all when they're drunk on whiskey and full of haggis.

I wouldn't say that autos are useless for a few reasons but CVTs certainly are. As for the mazda powertrain, I wonder how long the engine can last at 14:1 compression keeping in mind that many economy car owners will never do any maintenance on their cars, maybe changing the oil every 10-15k miles.
Quote from mrodgers :I was stuck in one of those Dodge Calibers with the CVT transmission. Biggest pile of crap I had ever driven.

It's "sporty" I guess because it revs to 6500 rpm and never waivers from there.

It was a rental for a work trip. 8 hours I spent on the highway which was fine. Car was fairly comfy for an 8 hour drive. Took it home since I got back after the rental place was closed. Next day I drove it on the 2 lane roads about 30 minutes away. It revved to 6500 rpm and never moved from there. That's all it did was rev nonstop. What a PITA car it was. Don't know how people can stand driving CVT transmissions. Far worse than a normal automatic, which is saying something because automatics are completely worthless.

i completely agree that the transmission sucks REALLY bad..but for what it is, it handles decent, and the auto-stick makes the CVT act a little more bearable.

going onto the highway from a near stop is the worst thing though. gutless in first gear, and sounds like something is dieing down there.
Quote from flymike91 :I don't know how Irish people can drive manuals at all when they're drunk on whiskey and full of haggis.

I wouldn't say that autos are useless for a few reasons but CVTs certainly are. As for the mazda powertrain, I wonder how long the engine can last at 14:1 compression keeping in mind that many economy car owners will never do any maintenance on their cars, maybe changing the oil every 10-15k miles.

LOLOLOL that's true.

As far as skyactiv; that's what they've been testing more recently now before releasing full is the actual longevity test.

But, Mazda also has essentially 'beta' testers out there right now.
2010 Mazda 3s and all 2010+ mazda car right now has skyactiv parts that have been finalized.

But really they are ready to release it. They wanted to release it on the 2012 Mazda 3, but they couldn't fit the exhaust manifold into the 3's frame.

Either way though, it's some pretty awesome stuff going on.
stick ! will always be the cheapest
Quote from flymike91 :I don't know how Irish people can drive manuals at all when they're drunk on whiskey and full of haggis.

I'm not Irish though :kyle:
Quote from PoVo :I'm not Irish though :kyle:

You're most likely a fat, hairy and bald guy that has to fight off bears and racoons everyday away from his shack and goes to the local internet cafe on a mule so he can post on the LFS forum before the dial-up connection times out.

Stereotypes, eh?
Quote from BAMBO :You're most likely a fat, hairy and bald guy that has to fight off bears and racoons everyday away from his shack and goes to the local internet cafe on a mule so he can post on the LFS forum before the dial-up connection times out.

Stereotypes, eh?

Nice way to stereotype a Lithuanian. Unfortunately I don't know how I could be bald and hairy at the same time - unless you take off trousers from Lithuanian people (:really
Quote from PoVo :Nice way to stereotype a Lithuanian. Unfortunately I don't know how I could be bald and hairy at the same time - unless you take off trousers from Lithuanian people (:really

zirga galvas!!!!!!!!!!!111

I realise you've never been particularly heavy on facts but haggis is traditionally Scottish, rather than Irish.
-
(KiRmelius) DELETED by KiRmelius
I'll trust the expert

Xcnuse, why are you getting a cage if you don't track the car?
yet.

I can't afford it right now

- and she's my daily.. which isn't the best idea to track your daily car
it looks cool duh
Don't track it, you put way too much time and care into it for that. Get a second track car!
Apart from all the whining and people who only like standard looking cars, wheels look really neat! How many hours went into them? Although they could use a bit more dish (lower ET)
Not my car, but made me go "WTF!?" when I saw it, while parking my car, so counts.

1, How the **** do you mess up a wheel that badly?
2, How the **** is it still inflated?
the tyre is still on the bead, the lip of the rim isnt where the tyre seals
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Not my car, but made me go "WTF!?" when I saw it, while parking my car, so counts.

1, How the **** do you mess up a wheel that badly?
2, How the **** is it still inflated?

Some manufacturers have made steel wheels with covers like that (with such "open" spokes) that look just like alloys, only you can kerb the shit out of them with impunity.

On a related note, my Mum has managed to dent the inside of one alloy, and chip another (chip as in a chunk missing... was surprised it still holds air)
Quote from Scrabby :Apart from all the whining and people who only like standard looking cars, wheels look really neat! How many hours went into them? Although they could use a bit more dish (lower ET)

Can't get much deeper in a Mazda 3; very few people have run 10s, and the offset has to be on point; 9 is just easier, offset on these is somewhere in mid 30 range. I will have to camber them out a touch, but not retardedly.

But even then; these wheels are 20 years old and I believe these were the only two size barrels made for 17" (I could be wrong, but there is such limited information about these wheels to begin with)

Hmm hours? Well they were pretty shit if you say them first time around .. here's a reminder:

Overall time.. I dunno, I didn't really count how long I was working on them.

And besides I wasted a lot of time by attempting to paint them myself; but overall it wasn't to bad, a few mornings here and there. Maybe somewhere in the 20-30 hours range total?

Nothing to bad; especially for first attempts
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG