The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
astro my account had lapsed and the discount code still worked
Quote from The Moose :Indeed. But lets face it, Ant doesn't let facts get in the way of him having a good rant about iRacing.

I do enjoy a good rant but i think your both clutching at straws here.
(The facts/truth do matter, in fact thats what usually triggers half of my rants tbh. )

What's the difference between the two deals? Your gona spend the money on content anyway?
I looked at the old $30 content offer as a $70 membership. The new offer is a $75 membership. AKA they are lying to their customers.

I guess its open to interpretation, but you have to admit they do like to stretch the truth from time to time.
Attached images
5772.jpg
Quote from anttt69 : but you have to admit they do like to stretch the truth from time to time.

Indeed, but in this case they were 100% truthful. They worded it very well. It is indeed the cheapest renewal price of the year.

You are correct that you actually saved more money in the "$99 and get $30 credit" promo, but that in no way makes them untruthful at all in what they are promoting this time.

That offer was a $99 renewal, this is $75. There's no clutching at any straws there fella. It's not open to interpretation at all.

They have a very good marketing department. I used to cringe at some of the shit they come out with, but i cant criticize them this time round.
Quote from JasonJ :Excerpt from: iRacing 2.0 release timeline
NB: 13th week starts = ~25th Jul 2011

Full quote:
Quote :I have seen a bunch of posts speculating on the release date of iRacing 2.0 and in particular when all the cars will be done so I thought I would post a short update on how development is going on iRacing 2.0.

One of the best aspects of our development model is that we DON’T have to cram everything into a once a year build and can roll new things out when they are completed so in effect iRacing 2.0 will be an extended launch. We will likely have half a dozen or so cars done for the 13th week (mix of both road and oval cars) with the new tire model and will plan on breaking from our traditional stance of not releasing physics changes during an active season and roll out cars with the new tire model as they are done.

Yes, we had hoped to get all of the cars transitioned over to the new model for the 13th week build but as you could see with our development of the new Nationwide car we encountered some technical hurdles that put us behind. The good news is that once we get the first dozen or so cars done the rest should follow very quickly.

I will plan to give everyone another update next week with more information on what cars we likely will release first and how development is going on this exciting 2.0 release.

I'm particularly curious about when the F1 championship will be affected by it, and to see the impact on skyppy and mazda.

From the iStig review, it seems the Spec Racer Ford will be ready first. That leaves room for 2 other road cars to be relased this month. Anyway next week we'll know which ones.
My bets are Truck, Impala A, maybe the Sprint car, the F1 car, SRF and the C6R. The C6R is a safe bet as it will be racing against the LMP2 and Ford GT which will both have the NTM aswell.
I will resubscribe once the legends car and the street stock get the new tires.
Quote from boothy :Press room, iRacing 2.0 announcement near the bottom, link to inRacingnews.

That gives no promises of driver swaps, endurance racing or anything...?
Quote from DeKo :My bets are Truck, Impala A, maybe the Sprint car, the F1 car, SRF and the C6R. The C6R is a safe bet as it will be racing against the LMP2 and Ford GT which will both have the NTM aswell.

I like bets, I'll jump in this one.

A COT
B COT
B09
C Truck

A F1
B LMP
B Vette
B Ford GT
C Riley
D Mustang
D Skippy
R MX5
R SRF
R Solstice

Some of the slower cars have the same tires as others. Anyone remember how it went? I thought for sure it was like Mustang, Solstice, and something else.

Quote from Wilko868 :That gives no promises of driver swaps, endurance racing or anything...?

Endurance racing/driver swaps and Fmod (sound) updates got dropped for live pop-up chat (like facebook). They even stated that driver swaps might not even make it into the next build. They don't even know their own timeline, which is just stupid, but I'll say around beginning of 2012 for driver swaps.
Quote from PMD9409 :
Endurance racing/driver swaps and Fmod (sound) updates got dropped for live pop-up chat (like facebook). They even stated that driver swaps might not even make it into the next build. They don't even know their own timeline, which is just stupid, but I'll say around beginning of 2012 for driver swaps.

Ant, where are you? Now this is worth having a good rant about
Quote from anttt69 :I do enjoy a good rant but i think your both clutching at straws here.
(The facts/truth do matter, in fact thats what usually triggers half of my rants tbh. )

Wait a minute.....are you saying that half your rants are based on petty and ill-informed opinions?

becasue I base all my rants on being petty and ill-informed
Amateurs... All of mine are based on highly professional, impartial and expensive studies.

Guess you definitely need a few of them before starting to accept the possibility that iR is actually trying to rape your bank account.
I splurged and bought iRacing again as well as content to a total tune of 396.20 funny thing is i still break well even for my weeks pay
My bank account has been raped but well worth it in the long run.
Anybody know if there are any promo codes for resubscribing?

EDIT: Eh, too late, I caved in.
Just trying to find out whether there is something wrong with my wheel, or it's just shitty design of the wheel.

Does anyone else's G27 wheel have this knocking noise when the car is going over bumps? It's quite loud and annoying.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Wait a minute.....are you saying that half your rants are based on petty and ill-informed opinions?

becasue I base all my rants on being petty and ill-informed

Hey mackie, f&ck you :finger:
this argument was 50/50 technically neither of us was right.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Just trying to find out whether there is something wrong with my wheel, or it's just shitty design of the wheel.

Does anyone else's G27 wheel have this knocking noise when the car is going over bumps? It's quite loud and annoying.

Doesn't sound right to me.
After today's dev meeting, did Steve Meyers said anything, particularly regarding the cars that will have the NTM next week?
Quote from Steve Myers :A quick update for you on 2.0 progress. As of right now we are targeting to release next week with the new tire model the following cars:

Class A Impala
2011 Class B Impala (obviously already out but will be updated to the current version of the new tire model)
Silverado
HPD-ARX-01c LMP2
Ford GT
Corvette C6.R

We potentially will have another road and/or oval car done but as of this moment we are focusing on the cars I have listed above. We have focused on the three road cars that we have because the HPD and Ford GT have been developed from the ground up on the new tire model and it only made sense to get the Vette done so we had a complete series with the new tire model.

I have seen some threads asking about the race length of the Prototype and GT open series and why they are not hour plus races and the schedule was created this way to make it more accessible to the majority of the service. It will be our most popular road series this season so we have to approach the schedule differently. We can definitely revisit the race lengths in this series next season.

Steve

:rolleyes:
edited, damn boothy.

Sucks pretty thoroughly imho. I've not been complaining about the delays one bit but when they "kind of" promised that every car will have ntm and the actual reality is just 5 cars it's pretty easy to say it wa pure marketing trick and they knew all along they would no way in hell get all cars with ntm for the release

It looks more and more like the kunos way of doing things. First hinting all things awesome coming and then silently releasing a fraction of it delayed.

http://www.iracing.com/iracing-com-announces-iracing-2-0/
Quote :August 2011
New Tire Model for all cars.
Enhanced aero model for improved drafting and more realistic downforce characteristics.
Heat/Tournament racing for private leagues/sessions.
Driver aids available for private leagues and Rookie series (ABS brakes, traction control, driving line, steering aids, etc.).
Enhancements of new sound system.
Endurance racing and driver swaps.
Suzuka Circuit (Japan).
Iowa Speedway (USA).
Ford GT race car.
Honda LMP ARX-01C race car.
Live pop-up chat on member site.

Quote from Hyperactive :edited, damn boothy.

Sucks pretty thoroughly imho. I've not been complaining about the delays one bit but when they "kind of" promised that every car will have ntm and the actual reality is just 5 cars it's pretty easy to say it wa pure marketing trick and they knew all along they would no way in hell get all cars with ntm for the release

It looks more and more like the kunos way of doing things. First hinting all things awesome coming and then silently releasing a fraction of it delayed.

http://www.iracing.com/iracing-com-announces-iracing-2-0/

Quote :August 2011
Enhanced aero model for improved drafting and more realistic downforce characteristics.
Driver aids available for private leagues and Rookie series (ABS brakes, traction control, driving line, steering aids, etc.).
Suzuka Circuit (Japan).
Iowa Speedway (USA).
Ford GT race car.

August 2011

Suzuka Circuit (Japan).
Iowa Speedway (USA).
Ford GT race car.

----------

All the meaningful things are pushed aside, while all the things you must pay for are thrown forward. Well except for Live pop-up chat on member site. That was definately needed instead of endurance racing. It will be great to be spammed by young kids or old rednecks after a race.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG