The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Here is the promo code I got for new customers, 3 months for $10.

If you use it, I would be grateful if you put in my e-mail address (dmurrayiracing gmail.com) as the referral.

Promo Code: PRS4EJRVH2B54KAFVB79L9LW5GU
I also have a promocode which I would be happy to trade for a referral. Please PM if interested.
For those without forum access:
Quote from Grant Reeve :After hearing about the mustang from multiple sources I did some research in version control and it turns out some experimental changes to the tires done right after the release of Season 1 were forgotten about and are still on the car. I've reverted out the changes and we're going to put the car back to the same tires as usual in the next maintenance window.

It's very frustrating when things slip through the cracks like this. I apologize for you guys having to deal with extra greasy tires for a week or so!

Essentially they ****ed up the tyres and now apparently feels better, yet they're going back to the original ones in an update soon.

He also mentions that Eric was fiddling with the tyres - wonder why Mr. Bailey was doing that
Eric whaaaat?
Quote from Grant Reeve 5/5/11 :no, it has nothing to do with the NTM. it's just the old tire model with fiddled numbers. The car feels really greasy to me with these tires on it. But neither version feel anything like the NTM.
I don't know why Eric was fooling with the tires - and in fact he can't remember why either, lol. but I'm all for just leaving the old tires and cars alone until we can put out the NTM.

nothing to see here folks.
source
Down for maintenance last two hours.
Quote :We are apply sim and web updates

We expect to be back by

EST(-4) GMT AEST(+10)
0900 1300 2300

1300? its nearly 2pm here?
Quote from anttt69 :Down for maintenance last two hours.

1300? its nearly 2pm here?

1300 UTC/GMT = 1400 BST (UTC/GMT+1)

ah yes well spotted. (4pm now) :sleep2:

darn this addiction
B license now. Drove Star Mazda race at Silverstone, started somewhere 13th on the grid, kept it clean with only one going slighty off-track at Becketts(The last of of the 3 quick corners?) and finished 6th

Massive iR boost, +0.81. Alreadyup to 3.64 again.

Btw: When are Lotus 79 race sessions? I only see Trainings, is nothing happening during the day?

Before I buy that one...
I cant seem to let the site recognize my Iracing service.
Which means I cant race i downloaded the latest version but it wont work.
Found the problem somehow noscript doesn't really like iRacing that much.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Found the problem somehow noscript doesn't really like iRacing that much.

:rolleyes: no shit, the whole website is built on Javascript
Anyone having setups for the street stock for a road course?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Found the problem somehow noscript doesn't really like iRacing that much.

You got it sorted? iRacing is fine with noscript if you do the following :-

You can add an exception for iRacing. WIthin NoScript options, go to the ABE tab. There are 2 rulesets by default (I believe); SYSTEM and USER. Edit the SYSTEM ruleset and make it look like the following (see below) and you should be good to keep ABE enabled.

# Prevent Internet sites from requesting LAN resources.
Site LOCAL
Accept from LOCAL
Accept from *.iracing.com
Deny
Paul Davidson3, thanks for putting me in as your referral, I got the $10 card through
Quote from Seb66 :That's your SR (safety rating)

Yeah right, I meant that one, just wrote the wrong one.

Argh damn, I deleted my code for new players
I am a winnor at Daytona in the trucks 50 lap green run i managed to pit at the right time come out in first held off the guy on my bumper by holding the inside line to a easy win

So um why arent V8 supercars used more?
And if you start a race with people in it but only you finish because the others left why doesnt it count?
If somebody needs a promo code for existing member, I have one but it seems your account have to be inactive if you want to use it, so I can´t use it and it is only valid until 15.05.2011 (my account expires on 17.05.2011 bad timing for me)

There you go: 3 Months for 10$

Promo Code: PRLK5TWF72Z4E2SQZPZST94VMBJ

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If somebody is interested in giving iRacing a shot I have a promo code for new Members (or new accounts) 3 months for 10$. Just write me a PM and Ill send you the code (valid until 15.05.2011) and my email address so you can put me in as referral.
Quote from AstroBoy :I am a winnor at Daytona in the trucks 50 lap green run i managed to pit at the right time come out in first held off the guy on my bumper by holding the inside line to a easy win

So um why arent V8 supercars used more?
And if you start a race with people in it but only you finish because the others left why doesnt it count?

V8 Supercars just aren't good enough to drive with the current tyre model, it behaves very very strangely. I think they are fantastic, but hopefully when the NTM comes out, it should get a lot better.

If less than 8 people (I think) sign up to a race, it's unofficial and doesn't count for iRating and points, which means you don't have to run the race.
Quote from DeKo :[...]
If less than 8 people (I think) sign up to a race, it's unofficial and doesn't count for iRating and points, which means you don't have to run the race.

Correct, you can practically disconnect right away if the entries list tells you <8 people. Remember you can still gain Safety Rating though. (You wont lost anything if you d/c straight away)
Quote from AstroBoy :So um why arent V8 supercars used more?

Well, the V8 SC is hardly an MX-5, you can't just jump in and go, they are Class C which limits the amount that can drive them, plus they probably aren't as popular as the other stuff - Grand-am/Star Mazda etc. in terms of being recognised by an international audience.

However, check the results from this week and you'll see there are some races. There's 1 big race counting for the championship on the V8 website, plus you have races at 1845 GMT on weekend evenings, a race aimed at the Yanks at 0045 GMT on Friday morning, plus some other races on Aussie evenings at the weekends. No sense to have races early in the week, a few days of practice needed first for this beast

Plus, go to the dashboad and check the race planner on the right hand side - currently 15 are planning to do the 1845 race tonight very useful for planning ahead.
Anyone has a good set of setups or knows a good site to get them from?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG