The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Hmm I wonder if I could help you out. You could pay me by paypal and I could pay your subscription. I'll drop them a mail and see what the score is on this if you want?

Edit: Just checked out the forums, people have been able to pay by debit card, have you tried that?

Edit2 sent them a mail anyway just to see what they suggest, bloody ridiculous if a CC is all they take.

Edit 3: This is the response I got
Right now, we are only accepting Mastercard, Visa and American Express credit or debit cards. I could connect you with our Accounting Department if you wanted to do a bank wire transfer, but that is with a $200 minimum.

We are working hard to start accepting Paypal soon. Although I don't have an eta - it should be sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, I can suggest getting a prepaid credit card.

I hope this information is helpful. If not or you have any other questions, please let us know.
I think I've read somewhere that they're working on paypal implementation.

Of course, that's of no help right now.
Yeah it is really silly to only alow credit cards when a lot of Europe don't use them...

One solution is to go to fairfx, buy a currency card with the amount of dollars you need for iracing, and use that as a one time credit card.

Not ideal by any means but it works.
Quote from tinvek :i promised / swore i'd get to 4.0 by the end of the season so it's more self imposed than anything else

that's my plan for oval and road licenses too! 3.95 in road and 3.87 in oval!!!
I got the 3.x -> 4.x bump last night in road racing

I can't stand VIR GE though..don't have the patience for it. Hoping I can get 4.99 and above at infineon next week so I can look like a pro
Got my subscription today. Finally have time to play it, 24/7 if I'd like at the moment.

Initial thoughts - it's good, very nice actually. Downside is the way the racing is controlled by the iRacing itself, you can't have your events and such. Got to figure out something to do for the 20-30 minutes you got to wait for a new race. Maybe a book or something.

I think I was racing with some of our forumers few moments ago. :P
I actually liked the way everything was controlled (races/qualifiers etc) it gave sim-racing a more organised feel to it. I still think that there is room for pick up and play, but its unique.
Quote from spanks :I got the 3.x -> 4.x bump last night in road racing

I can't stand VIR GE though..don't have the patience for it. Hoping I can get 4.99 and above at infineon next week so I can look like a pro

VIR grand east is plain awesome track! Even in the skippie it is just plain awesome. The hairy sections with blind downhill turn-ins and the the flatout zigzags are just pure awesomeness. I know it is the antidepressants kicking in but you can't say you don't like VIR. I just won't allow it

Anyways, after doing some more racing recently I've starting to like the system where races are 2 hours apart. There are always people to race with and that's something I'd guess is hard to achieve by other means.
Quote from Blackout :Got my subscription today. Finally have time to play it, 24/7 if I'd like at the moment.

Initial thoughts - it's good, very nice actually. Downside is the way the racing is controlled by the iRacing itself, you can't have your events and such. Got to figure out something to do for the 20-30 minutes you got to wait for a new race. Maybe a book or something.

I think I was racing with some of our forumers few moments ago. :P

Wicked have you tried the oval yet, just for the hell of it? If you haven't, get your SR up to where you can try the legend advanced
Quote from Hyperactive :VIR grand east is plain awesome track! Even in the skippie it is just plain awesome. The hairy sections with blind downhill turn-ins and the the flatout zigzags are just pure awesomeness. I know it is the antidepressants kicking in but you can't say you don't like VIR. I just won't allow it

Anyways, after doing some more racing recently I've starting to like the system where races are 2 hours apart. There are always people to race with and that's something I'd guess is hard to achieve by other means.

Its quite nice driving 3-4 seconds off pace...I just don't like being that slow, and I don't feel like putting the time in to be my usual pace

I didn't want summit point to end I was good at summit point.
Quote from StableX :Wicked have you tried the oval yet, just for the hell of it? If you haven't, get your SR up to where you can try the legend advanced

No oval yet. Might give a go today. Would really like to have an incident free race on road course first. I've really mastered making one bad mistake every race so far, or at least when I've been in good positions. Leading the first 7 laps and then spinning on the last corner of Lime rock when figuring out if it really can be taken flat out.
Quote from Blackout : Got to figure out something to do for the 20-30 minutes you got to wait for a new race. Maybe a book or something.

you can always do some testing to keep the flow going, or if you've enough time do a tt, keep it clean and get another boost for your SR
Can someone one tell me why in a relaxing TT session with 3 incident points I gain nearly +0.5 SR. But in a race, starting from second, getting into first, getting lots of pressure from behind while trying to pass stubborn back markers and finishing with 0 incident points and a greatly increased blood pressure, I only get a +0.1 SR?

I feel short changed :P
Quote from RossUK :Can someone one tell me why in a relaxing TT session with 3 incident points I gain nearly +0.5 SR. But in a race, starting from second, getting into first, getting lots of pressure from behind while trying to pass stubborn back markers and finishing with 0 incident points and a greatly increased blood pressure, I only get a +0.1 SR?

I feel short changed :P

If you gained nearly 0.5 SR, you must have gone from just below one full point to above it (f.e. from 3.99 to above 4.0). Everytime you cross a full point you get a boost of around 0.4x, thus when you only gain 0.01 which would take you to 4.0, you're actually going to 4.4x. That is so you don't keep switching back and forth between those levels (with a Rookie license and >4.0 you're eligible to drive the skippy and with a 3.99 you're not).

And 0.1 is a normal gain for an incident free race. How much you actually gain depends on license level and on how clean you've been in the past.

At an SR of 3.0-3.99 it's easier to maintain your SR than it is at an SR of 4.0-4.99. And if you've been very clean in the past, a 0 incident race will gain you less than if you've had some bad races with lots of incidents. That's because there is a history of your corners per incident kept in the background. The longer back, the less your cpi is calculated into your current SR gain or loss. Thus it might happen, that a rather clean race will only gain you little SR, because it sort of replaces a much earlier 0 incident race. This also goes the other way around, of course.
Quote from Linsen :If you gained nearly 0.5 SR, you must have gone from just below one full point to above it (f.e. from 3.99 to above 4.0). Everytime you cross a full point you get a boost of around 0.4x, thus when you only gain 0.01 which would take you to 4.0, you're actually going to 4.4x. That is so you don't keep switching back and forth between those levels (with a Rookie license and >4.0 you're eligible to drive the skippy and with a 3.99 you're not).

And 0.1 is a normal gain for an incident free race. How much you actually gain depends on license level and on how clean you've been in the past.

At an SR of 3.0-3.99 it's easier to maintain your SR than it is at an SR of 4.0-4.99. And if you've been very clean in the past, a 0 incident race will gain you less than if you've had some bad races with lots of incidents. That's because there is a history of your corners per incident kept in the background. The longer back, the less your cpi is calculated into your current SR gain or loss. Thus it might happen, that a rather clean race will only gain you little SR, because it sort of replaces a much earlier 0 incident race. This also goes the other way around, of course.

Thanks, that makes sense! I went from 2.99 to 3.5ish. I guess it does that so you don't end up with a borderline 4.0 license for example?
Quote from RossUK :Thanks, that makes sense! I went from 2.99 to 3.5ish. I guess it does that so you don't end up with a borderline 4.0 license for example?

Exactly. They want you to have a cushion so you don't switch back and forth constantly.
I've got to say the Legends at Infineon is the best fun to drive that I've ever had in any Sim. Using the H-shifter and clutch it's bleedin great fun. I wish there was a series in the sim for forcing the use h-shifter and clutch. Unfortunately for me this method is at least a second or two a lap slower than using sequential with no clutch so I'm only using it when playing around.

Anyway I'm off to Knockhill today to watch the Scotish Legends in action for real....in the wet it should be interesting
Quote from AlienT. :I've got to say the Legends at Infineon is the best fun to drive that I've ever had in any Sim. Using the H-shifter and clutch it's bleedin great fun. I wish there was a series in the sim for forcing the use h-shifter and clutch. Unfortunately for me this method is at least a second or two a lap slower than using sequential with no clutch so I'm only using it when playing around.

Anyway I'm off to Knockhill today to watch the Scotish Legends in action for real....in the wet it should be interesting

Have a good time at Knockhill.

The real Legends cars are sequential btw, so it would be ill-informed to try and force that...
ooop s two thread open at once
Quote from AlienT. :I've got to say the Legends at Infineon is the best fun to drive that I've ever had in any Sim. Using the H-shifter and clutch it's bleedin great fun. I wish there was a series in the sim for forcing the use h-shifter and clutch. Unfortunately for me this method is at least a second or two a lap slower than using sequential with no clutch so I'm only using it when playing around.

The legend cars have sequential transmissions
Quote from srdsprinter :Have a good time at Knockhill.

The real Legends cars are sequential btw, so it would be ill-informed to try and force that...

Yep I know they actually have motorbike 1 down 4 up type gearbox with clutch. I was more meaning in general terms of clutch use.

The racing was good fun but the weather was absolutely horrendous and I'm like a 'drooned rat'. Got some good info from the racers and I'm definately going to do my ARDS and have a blast in the XR2's next season, even got my wife to OK it yipee! Unfortunately the Legends and Formula Fords are a wee bitty out my price range.
from what i've seen on tv, you should have a lot of fun in xr2s at knockhill
So, with the first full season (for many of us, at least) coming to an end, is everyone planning to continue? I probably won't race as much in the coming season, but as long as I can keep improving relatively easily I'll put effort into it.

Heck, I'm in for a year anyway, so I owe it to myself to keep racing
My subscription doesnt run out till july I'm interested to see what is implimented in that time to make racing better and draw more people into iRacing. hopefully the craftsman trucks make for good racing, because that's what i plan on buying next. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get the mazda. Life is steadily becoming more and more busy. I'll need to form some sort of schedule in order to find time to race, train, study, work and other crap.
Quote from Gabkicks :My subscription doesnt run out till july I'm interested to see what is implimented in that time to make racing better and draw more people into iRacing. hopefully the craftsman trucks make for good racing, because that's what i plan on buying next. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get the mazda. Life is steadily becoming more and more busy. I'll need to form some sort of schedule in order to find time to race, train, study, work and other crap.

get rid of the girlfriend, that will make free a couple of hours.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG