The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Any chance someone could tell me the average frame rate improvements, if any, with this update?

thanks
My max FPS has gone from 75 to about 100, but average has stayed roughly the same.
Quote from viper-2007 :Any chance someone could tell me the average frame rate improvements, if any, with this update?

thanks

For my in-built card (with quite low settings) usually were ~50-60fps on tracks like Aston/Westhill/Kyoto when driving alone,now it raised some 10-20fps or so,but I experience some drop (to 25-30fps) on openconfigs when facing most of the track,which is normal since everything is being drawn at that time. Also can feel some improvement with full grid,can't say any figures because in that situation I'm concentrating more on driving...
Lfs is sucks since 2012!!!
g27 shift lights????
Quote from Guthix :DUR TOP LINE i7 (980X and 990) ARE BETTER THAN TEH NEW 8-CORE AMD BULLDOZERS C:

Come on man...off topic, and heh, I seriously doubt it. Keep in mind, the 8130P will launch at $320, 8 cores, 32nm, incredible floating point ops, 3.8Ghz base, 4.2Ghz Turbo Core 2.0. Yeah... Anyway I really don't wish to discuss this here, it's rude to Scawen and everyone else. My bad for even replying to that... hehe

OT:

Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Was about to mention as well. Let me know when you get your hands on trinity

Regarding the patch, Ive found a little bug I can reporduce, but Its rare and can be avoided.
Perhaps more a driver issue?
Not tested with Multi monitor on Nvidia or other GPU, but with ATI Cat 11.5 / 6800 1Gb

Start LFS Fullscreen > then alt tab switched to 2 displays (one 1650x1080 16:10 other 1600x1200 CRT 4:3)
Turned on eyefinity and calibrated CRT to match scale on LCD (16:10) swith back to LFS (black screen flickering cursor it seems)
Shift f4 is fine in window > options> screen change from FS 3200x900 to next one down (sill eyefiinity resolution) works fine.

Obviously starting LFS after calibrating screens is no problem.

I tried and was unable to reproduce the bug, but I'm still running beta drivers for my 6990. My setup is quite different tho, no scaling. Wish I had an idea for ya, I wouldn't know where to start. AMD's forums might be a good start.
short throttle cut off ?!
heya, first up thanks for the patch. but ive got some strange bug:

sometimes when being on full throttle lfs begins to "blip" throttle for a millisecond. this began to happen with the new patch... its really a pain as .. drifting is hardly possible with that handicap, it happens .. every 30 to 90 seconds ... some facts:

it only happens while drifting for me, always when being near objects ...
ive tested only 2 cars, but it happens on xrt and fz5 for me
im using mouse .. and have test 2 different mice, happens on both.
Quote from RasKK :sometimes when being on full throttle lfs begins to "blip" throttle for a millisecond.

Hmm,same happens to me too,but until now I was 100% convinced it was a bug of my new crappy steering wheel. Never seen any patterns when it happens,seemed just some random happening once in a while...
after i updated the game, my wheel isn't centred properly (my physical wheel is at 0 degree but the wheel in the game is at like 30 degrees). Anyone can help?
Go to Options - Controls - Axes / FF and on the right, you can calibrate the axes. Click 'C' to calibrate one axis. Then move your wheel from the leftmost to the rightmost position and you can press 'lock' to lock the calibration.
Thanks. Now it is properly centred. I got another question tho.

The wheel in game is turning more than I am actually turning with the physical wheel. For example, I am only turning 180 degrees, but the wheel in game has more than 180 degrees of steering. How do i change that? :S
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Thanks. Now it is properly centred. I got another question tho.

The wheel in game is turning more than I am actually turning with the physical wheel. For example, I am only turning 180 degrees, but the wheel in game has more than 180 degrees of steering. How do i change that? :S

I'm not sure you can change how much the wheel of the car turns. That would be kind of an extreme change. What you can do is hide the wheel, in options --> vision --> pilot / visible wheels, and put NO to both, so you only see one wheel (physical) and not two, which doesn't make much sense anyway.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Thanks. Now it is properly centred. I got another question tho.

there's an option called wheel turn compensation that you probably need to adjust.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :I'm not sure you can change how much the wheel of the car turns. That would be kind of an extreme change. What you can do is hide the wheel, in options --> vision --> pilot / visible wheels, and put NO to both, so you only see one wheel (physical) and not two, which doesn't make much sense anyway.

You can change it under the menue point: Controls -> Wheel turn compensatin -> I have it at 1 so physik and Visual the same.
Hotlap checker
Another question about hotlaps - Is valid with new hotlap checker BL2R and AS2 parking area, where some WR drivers start their flying lap? And KY1/R MRT cutting valid?
Great news!! I'm so excited to test this new version.

Although, there is one thing I would like to see cleared, just for my curiosity:

What is meant by "- Blue flags, qualifying, race positions list are supported"?

Another thing: is there any insim already available with the colision detection feature active?
Quote from NunoMike :What is meant by "- Blue flags, qualifying, race positions list are supported"?

That's supported for open configurations.
-
hmm (lassekleven) DELETED by lassekleven
Quote from lassekleven :Is it just me or is the echomap wrong. changed or missing. There are no enginesound reverberations. Tried multiple reinstalls.

Anyone?

You are right, there are no echo maps, light maps and PTHs on open configs.
I found a tiny bug.
In Training mode nr 15-18 RallyX it says XR GT.
Tho the car you are driving is the XRG.
A small one but it's there.
The XR GT is the XRG...
XRG is a shorthand for XR GT.
Always thought that the xrt was the xr gt.
Well atleast i learned somthing today.
XRT is XR GT Turbo
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG