The online racing simulator
:lovies3d:
RBR looks fantastic! Good work!
That car would be so niiice to drive...!! looks insane.
Reminds me of a Supra. Nice ones man.
thx guys.
I can tell you, there´s no better motivation than comments like these... .

about 5 hours later.

ric»pm
Attached images
the_project_5_1.jpg
the_project_5_2.jpg
the_project_5_3.jpg
Omgg I neeed it , so awesome !
Quote from e2mustang :nice indeed ! shame i gave up on mine,but i dont have time or motivation anymore with 3ds max.. sadly. What you could do now is do some smoothing on the body since the rb4 is very low poly.thats where i start when i touch rb4 ofc you cant go too far without doing a hi-poly model

anyway if some1 missed it and interrested about my version:
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=106307&d=1277004306 - messed up window
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=106324&d=1277051519 -window fixed

very nice man, but this RB4 is really really really ugly... oh my god... choose another car to tweak, this one is so much lowpoly ^^
yeah thats the thing with rb4,so low poly its embarassing to do a render with it. and its such an awesome car... shame on em.u know who
Hi guys, after seeing these latest custom RB4, i got inspired to work on an RB4 too!! Its still a WIP, has some bugs, but it already has alot of work in it! I re-did the hole car ( poly wise ) and ended up with almost 1/3 less poly's then the original. I made a bunch of costum pieces for this one, but im planing in doing alot more!

I was going for a GT Racing kind of tunning on this one, but after starting, the hole thing started to look more like an Touring car!! So i went on and try to explore a more quiet aproach to body work.

Anyways, enjoy, critic, whatever you feel like!! Im open to any tips on good V-ray materials for windows!! ( ok......im desperate for any tips on that...please )
Attached images
RB4_BITURBO_RENDER1.jpg
RB4_BITURBO_RENDER2.jpg
Nice to see the RB4 getting some love
Quote from JBiturbo :Hi guys, after seeing these latest custom RB4, i got inspired to work on an RB4 too!! Its still a WIP, has some bugs, but it already has alot of work in it! I re-did the hole car ( poly wise ) and ended up with almost 1/3 less poly's then the original. I made a bunch of costum pieces for this one, but im planing in doing alot more!

I was going for a GT Racing kind of tunning on this one, but after starting, the hole thing started to look more like an Touring car!! So i went on and try to explore a more quiet aproach to body work.

Anyways, enjoy, critic, whatever you feel like!! Im open to any tips on good V-ray materials for windows!! ( ok......im desperate for any tips on that...please )

Add me: lforcinetti555@hotmail.com and I help you with V-Ray
Quote from JBiturbo :Hi guys, after seeing these latest custom RB4, i got inspired to work on an RB4 too!! Its still a WIP, has some bugs, but it already has alot of work in it! I re-did the hole car ( poly wise ) and ended up with almost 1/3 less poly's then the original. I made a bunch of costum pieces for this one, but im planing in doing alot more!

I hardly doubt the thing with 1/3 less poly´s... . Could cou post a wire, please?

ric
The RBR looks so nice. Good job. It's a car I'd love to be added to Live For Speed at some point. It'll be much like the FXR but still, it needs adding.
Hey Ric, first off all, you have all the reasons to think this have more polys then the original, and it does!! Thats because of the MeshSmooth . But maybe i can explain what i mean with 1/3 of the polys .

LFS cars usualy are made with triangular polys, and im used to work 4 side polys ( i think the word is trapezoids, not sure :P ).

Now, If you cut a diagonal in a square, you get 2 identic triangles. And thats how the polys where originaly done. All i did was replace 2 triangles for a square, only in the plarts that really mattered , wich turned out to be more then i expected :P . Anyways, you get the picture now, replace 2 polys for 1

I ended up with the exactly the same model as the original, but with about 1/3 of the polys less. After that comes the MeshSmooth, with only 1 iteration, but doubles all the polys in the car

Anyways, heres some pics in the 3dsmax. Im still working on it
Attached images
RB4_POLY_NO_SMOOTH.jpg
RB4_POLY_WITH_SMOOTH.jpg
Quote from JBiturbo :All i did was replace 2 triangles for a square

Hmmm if you convert 2 triangles to a quad you still have 4 polys. (you have one face instead of 2 and 4 edges instead of 5 but you still have the same poly amount or have I missed something?)
Attached images
tri.jpg
Quote from John5200 :Hmmm if you convert 2 triangles to a quad you still have 4 polys. (you have one face instead of 2 and 4 edges instead of 5 but you still have the same poly amount or have I missed something?)

those are vertexes, not poly.
Quote from JJ72 :those are vertexes, not poly.

damn I always mix them up:doh:
John5200 , you confused things there . With 2 triangles attached you have 4 vertex's, 5 edges, 2 faces and 2 poly's . With 1 square you have 4 vertex's , 4 edges , 2 faces and 1 poly.
Damn, that rb4 looks so amazing ;( i wish i could make something like that but i dont undarstand almost anything in 3ds max :/
some stuff
Attached images
xrt phat.jpg
rb4 phat.jpg
tuned.jpg
That's so sexy, 'specially the first one.
Nice renders there phil! Really like this XRT.
pic xrt tuning by henrique
Attached images
xrttuningbyhenrique.jpg
Juliao, have you asked him to post his render here?

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG