The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen : here it's not good, because each person who asks a question takes yet another 5 to 10 minutes of my time, so reducing the updates I can put in today's patch.
So, please, try to understand, I'm working very hard to try and get a patch out today and I don't want to explain every single decision on every step of the way.

Quote from NeOn_sp :That´s easy.. Just don´t answer questions, as you did with mine.. ( wind direction and no repair )

I think this was answered in the quote above from Scawen.
Trust me, (i hope) There are a hundred or more questions I would love to ask.
But I know what its like to be working on something close to a deadline, only to be stopped and asked things that back-tracks my current state of mind/method.
Maybe when the push to what the dev's targets are in this period of development are complete, we might see an opportunity where there is time for questions and such like to be responded too more attentively.
But I can see both sides of the coin and just like most people wish there were more hours in the day (so i could get more sleep damn it)

Quote from kimd41 :Okay okay, no more questions. I promise.

aha So you have all the answers

/

Hopefully you still got plenty of hungry spiders around on that bugsheet scawen
Since you're in a hurry, could you raise the ax-object limit to something even?
1024 would be awesome
You're doing a great job Scawen
when i try to run a modified host i get the error "modified host needs a password". does this mean that i need to set a password on the server or does this mean i need te enter the admin password ?
You need to set a password if you run a modified host.
-
(numbazZ) DELETED by numbazZ
Quote from Scawen :
Without looking into what that card is or what memory it has, etc... my first thought is you are running out of texture memory. Do you have custom textures installed? Sometimes they are very high resolution.

- Try using low res textures
- Try reducing your Texture filtering
- Try reducing Full-scene antialiasing

i downloaded the game from lfs site, so game is clear, no custom textures.. i try all features, nothing works

watch the screens
Attached images
12.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG
OK, so with everything turned up to maximum, it goes wrong.

The next question is : what happens if you turn things down a bit?

Please try switching off AF : try 1x (trilinear filtering) instead of anisotropic filtering (which uses a lot of memory).

To find the problem, you have to turn things down to the minimum, then increase them one by one and see which thing causes the fault. You should never just turn everything up to maximum. Would you do that with a hi-fi or a car or a heating system? You should look at the picture and turn things up little by little. If you are not getting any enhancements by using a higher setting, then don't use it.
Quote from tommer :Edit2; Scawen, I've noticed mouseclip doesn't work in full screen when dualscreening automatically since the new test patch, instead you must ctrl+c twice (turning off then on) before it works..

I don't understand... if you are running full screen, what effect can CTRL+C have? It is supposed to clip the mouse to a window, if you are in a window, so I don't really know what that is about.

Please can you do something for me - could you check absolutely for sure if it isn't something on your computer? Perhaps you can try in Z28 then try in Z32 again. I am not aware of changing anything related to mouse clipping.
-
(numbazZ) DELETED by numbazZ
If I'm not mistaken this is a known bug caused by nVidia drivers. Try disabling anisotropic fitering altogether in LFS and make sure it's off in nVidia control panel too.
Quote from Scawen :I don't understand... if you are running full screen, what effect can CTRL+C have? It is supposed to clip the mouse to a window, if you are in a window, so I don't really know what that is about.

Please can you do something for me - could you check absolutely for sure if it isn't something on your computer? Perhaps you can try in Z28 then try in Z32 again. I am not aware of changing anything related to mouse clipping.

Well I have two screens with lfs only on one,

I had a second look and I was wrong, sorry, it does turn on automatically.

However, if you press windows key (i'm running w7) LFS will minimise. When you click lfs again in task bar, it goes back to fullscreen, however the mouse no longer clips and you can accidentally minimise lfs again by clicking outside the screen..

It's no biggy because I can ctrl+c twice in race and it is clipping again but can be a little irritating when you accidentally minimise lfs because the mouse didn't clip to the screen when you went to hit the 'back' button..

Thanks for the updates as usual
Quote from MadCatX :If I'm not mistaken this is a known bug caused by nVidia drivers. Try disabling anisotropic fitering altogether in LFS and make sure it's off in nVidia control panel too.

haha!!!) yeey thx man! i disable anisotropic filtering in nvidia control panel and it works good now
Attached images
Image 3.JPG
Quote from numbazZ :haha!!!) yeey thx man! i disable anisotropic filtering in nvidia control panel and it works good now

I think you will have better graphics if you set the mip filtering to 1x - that is trilinear filtering and the results are acceptable. It is not anisotropic filtering, so maybe it doesn't cause that problem.
In the Shift + U can be put start / finish line, but I have an idea which implements autocross race with a starting grid. S - front line (a green arrow), then G - front grille (two green arrows parallel to each other), which can be scaled, rotated.
Quote from Scawen :
I'm trying to make the open configs less "flaky" so they are more up to professional standard.

There is one thing I like to mention:
We've had a race on an open aston layout the other day, to see if the open track thing is already good enough to use in league racing.
The new race position list works fine and I don't mind the lack of yellow flags. You can usually see the accidents anyway (apart from SO, maybe).
What really is a problem, is the lack of blue flags. The race became quite uneasy as soon as the lapping began.

I wonder if you can find any workaround for this problem, like you did with the position list. I don't know how it's done, but the trackmap somehow knows which cars are ahead and which are behind. The trackmap also knows, where each car is on the track in any given moment. So maybe you could somehow manage to "measure" the distance between the cars and wave a blue flag when the distance gets too short.
That would'nt be a perfect system as there are bends and hairpins where cars are getting (geographically) close to each other without being close in terms of timing.
But as there aren't that many hairpins, I guess it would help racing anyway...
Quote from Tur8o :sorry for a double post but..

was just driving on amg gtr server on as3.

on second lap coming up to turn 2 there is the as7 pit lanes and the as7 start/finish line going over the start finish line there has always been a little bump but never have i jumped into the air from it.. never happened in z28 or even z30 whilst i used for a while.. here is mpr.

That does worry me, though it is extremely rare. Problem is, no-one can reproduce it.

It reminds me of two previous reports, but I thought they were fixed.

Anyway, the problem is that this crazy collision doesn't take place in an MPR. To fix this I am going to need an SPR of the event, so I can actually see what happens. An MPR just shows the final outcome, not the event itself.
Quote from MadCatX :If I'm not mistaken this is a known bug caused by nVidia drivers. Try disabling anisotropic fitering altogether in LFS and make sure it's off in nVidia control panel too.

It's not. It's a GTX 580 and LFS compatibility issue. FSAA and FSAF can be enabled in the drivers as long as you disable them in LFS and it'll work fine.
Quote from Highharti :There is one thing I like to mention:

... open track ... blue flags ...

Thank you for this. I will give it some thought.
Quote from Matrixi :It's not. It's a GTX 580 and LFS compatibility issue. FSAA and FSAF can be enabled in the drivers as long as you disable them in LFS and it'll work fine.

I don't think so and nubmazZ's comment seems to agree with me.

Quote from numbazZ :haha!!!) yeey thx man! i disable anisotropic filtering in nvidia control panel and it works good now

I don't have a 5xx card so I cannot test it myself, but from what I've heard enabling anisotropic filtering results in missing textures in LFS.
Quote from MadCatX :I don't think so and nubmazZ's comment seems to agree with me.

Second time I've pasted this same link in the thread now.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73097

Only way to get more than 1x of AF is by forcing it from drivers. I'm running 16x AF from drivers (with a GTX 580) and it's working just fine. Are you still going to tell me it's a bloody driver problem?
Quote from Matrixi :Second time I've pasted this same link in the thread now.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73097

Only way to get more than 1x of AF is by forcing it from drivers. I'm running 16x AF from drivers (with a GTX 580) and it's working just fine. Are you still going to tell me it's a bloody driver problem?

I'm not gonna tell you anything - you probably know better as you actually have a 5xx card. I just find it odd that for all I know it's the disabling of AF in nV CP that solves the problem. The fact that only 5xx series cards are affected suggests that nV has changed something in the drivers.
OK, I need to stop for the day. Although there are still a few compatible updates that could be done, it would be better to test the updates so far rather than waiting. It's not that long a list because I spent most of the week on the autocross system updates (not included in Z33).

Improved wheel contact detection to reduce chance of flying cars
Speed limit no longer enforced if autocross start position exists
All languages updated except Trad. Chinese / Greek / Belarussian
BL : Repaired floating laptop on tool box in the first pit garage
BL : Enabled all the rallycross section barriers in open configs
SO : Repaired a sunken barrier closing pit lane (Sprint Track 1)
SO : Enabled various barriers that were missing from open configs
FE : Enabled contact detection around mini-oval and nearby walls
FE : Enabled a barrier in open configs (at corner near a bridge)
KY : Enabled some barriers at entry / exit to infield / outfield
KY : Enabled speedhumps and tyres at entry to GP Long from Oval
AS : Enabled missing barrier across side road near AS3 chicane
Attempted FIX : Occasionally refuelling did not match set amount
FIX : Momentary loss of TV camera at Fern Bay Club X turn one

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1582607#post1582607
Awesome - thanks Scawen.
Scawen - some of us had been making rally layouts, taking advantage of the lack of walls to create new routes - is there any way these could be reinstated with say, a config parameter or something? Perhaps in misc options - enable barriers in open configs - yes/no, defaulting to yes?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG