The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :Those things you mention are regulated on the client side but OK

Really? so why do we have a new dedi exe?
Just for the looks.

Well, file size differs this time but not because of what you mentioned. I still run the Z30 dedi server and there are skid marks and position list right now.

However if a client still has Z30 then it does not show (for him/her). I know that because I redirected a team member to this topic after complaining he didn't see a position list and skid marks
Quote from numbazZ :...but again i dont see many textures in game, i have GeForce GTX 580

Throw that useless rubbish out of the window and get yourself a 8500 GT, AGP preferably and you'll be singing while having enormous fun racing in LFS.
Quote from sermilan :Throw that useless rubbish out of the window and get yourself a 8500 GT, AGP preferably and you'll be singing while having enormous fun racing in LFS.

LFS uses the processor power more than the graphics card so it dosen't make a big difference.
Quote from cargame.nl :Do those pieces of paper make part of this official patch or is it for another milestone?

Six sheets of things to do is just for this patch. But don't worry, a lot of things are crossed out (done) already and most of them are A5 size, not A4.

Quote from numbazZ :yeah!) thx, stable barriers) but again i dont see many textures in game, i have GeForce GTX 580

Without looking into what that card is or what memory it has, etc... my first thought is you are running out of texture memory. Do you have custom textures installed? Sometimes they are very high resolution.

- Try using low res textures
- Try reducing your Texture filtering
- Try reducing Full-scene antialiasing
Scawen
Thanks for the patch, have long been waiting for him.
But there is a suggestion, I think many would like to adjust the wind speed itself. What do you think about this?
I've found a little open/non-open track inconsistency with Z30 (could not unlock Z31 yet, i don't have internet on my racing machine ).
Track: Kyoto
Attached images
track_map_kyoto_ring.png
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000003.jpg
z30 was fine for me, z31 however, I get small stuttering every 10 seconds or so.
I'm experiencing this on KY3x.
My FPS are fine in z30+.
When It skips the sound crackles slightly, if that helps..
Quote from Scawen : most of them are A5 size, not A4.

I already was wondering how big your hand writing is yes
Quote from pezia :I've found a little open/non-open track inconsistency with Z30 (could not unlock Z31 yet, i don't have internet on my racing machine ).
Track: Kyoto

It's meant to be like that. Open configs miss all barriers etc.
Quote from cargame.nl :I already was wondering how big your hand writing is yes

Font size 72 pixels))) joke. That's what makes Scawen I like and LFS in the future will be the most
I have suspected Z30 glitch. Happened in one endu race at AS5R last week to one of the participants _twice_. I tried to get some info from him, as what version was he running, but he told me only that his antivirus was updating, no answer since then, so i'm posting this, because it's at least funny to look at.
In case you want to look at it, watch the 002 car towards the end of the replay, approx. 1:25. Exactly at the place, where the tarmac turns dark-ish, he's shot in the air and flies out of bounds. The second case was also exactly at the same spot, happened only to him.
Attached files
Kick 2.mpr - 261.3 KB - 395 views
A feeling that there is not enough parts of the road in this area.
Quote from ATHome :It's meant to be like that. Open configs miss all barriers etc.

Missing barriers are fine, but the blue-yellow things are also missing.
Quote from pezia :Missing barriers are fine, but the blue-yellow things are also missing.

it's still a track element, as well as the corner distance signs.
Quote from DarkKostas :I have a 2nd home which is 500meters away from this one and hasn't internet connection, so i can't plug it in even for a second

Use your phone as GPRS modem :P LFS unlock shouldn't take more than 100 KB of traffic.
Quote from Scawen :Without looking into what that card is or what memory it has, etc... my first thought is you are running out of texture memory. Do you have custom textures installed? Sometimes they are very high resolution.

- Try using low res textures
- Try reducing your Texture filtering
- Try reducing Full-scene antialiasing

GTX 580's have 1.5 and 3.0 GB versions, I doubt videoRAM is the problem for him.

(Unless he's running Crysis at same time)
I know, this is not the right place for it..

A big thing that many (including me) are really missing are curb-sounds when driving on a curb.

I just want to know if this can be done in the next "BIG" patch?
Quote from butser :Scawen
Thanks for the patch, have long been waiting for him.
But there is a suggestion, I think many would like to adjust the wind speed itself. What do you think about this?

You can adjust the wind speed (i believe three levels low/medium/high) on the track selection screen, down on the bottom right if memory serves me correctly. With wind off the windmills on certain tracks don't spin and increase depending on what speed you've selected.
Quote from senn :i believe three levels low/medium/high

Wrong - the 3 levels are: none/low/high.

And that's way enough,no need to be able to adjust exact speed,you cannot adjust it in real world either... Don't like it - switch it off and be happy for that option!
Please help!

Why I can't see spr or mpr folders. Also, those layouts what I did in LFS are not visible in data\layout folder on my laptop

this is Windows Vista 32bit and I have installed it to C:\Program Files\LFS\

I use Z31 patch

also, no folder "shots". I can get pics added to C:\Program Files\LFS\data\shots\00000001.jpg or like that
After what I heard, it's already not wise to install games and stuff under C:\Program Files, that might already be a problem.

Myself, I do it like C:\Own Documents, rarely under Program Files, that's mostly for system upgrades.
Now I'm just nitpicking

"/w f" on open configs shows:
Quote : LFSW - cannot sho FUEL: you are on an open config

PS: hl, l and wr are fine now.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :After what I heard, it's already not wise to install games and stuff under C:\Program Files, that might already be a problem.

Myself, I do it like C:\Own Documents, rarely under Program Files, that's mostly for system upgrades.

well, I have always and everytime have worked 100% except now lol
I doubt this has been reported as I've looked through this thread from the start.

On an open config (unsure if it does it on the normal configs) the skidmarks aren't shown in the mirrors. Not a big deal but still a bug, none the less.
they appear on my RB4's mirrors
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG