The online racing simulator
Quote from boothy :ZOMG then I assume you'll be the one helping to make the .pth files for each configuration?

Make it simple to create pth-files, and I'm sure alot of people will create the paths for their layout themselves.
Quote from Squelch :I would say that while it appears abnormal, it is a result of how those tyres collision faces are made. (no collision faces on the ends perhaps?) They would not normally be expected to be hit from above, and in your replay one of the blue stacks is pushed through the track. This extreme camera angle shows it nicely.
I think it is this that makes your car flip like that.

oww, sry for my bad english. i say "tire wall" but i mean this tire-stack :doh:

Yes, I also think this is an abnormal collision detection.

remark for testing: it's easy to reproduce this...
Quote from Flame CZE :While I was watching mbt_dj's replay, I discovered a little bug in follow car feature in SHIFT+U mode in replays. When I follow a car in a replay and go frame by frame forward by pressing the > key, everything is OK but when I rewind frame by frame by pressing the < key (or just by moving the slider), the view stops following the car and moves somewhere else on the map.

In Z28, the view also stops following the selected car but it stays in the same place. It would actually be good if it was possible to keep following the car after pressing <. I don't know if it's easy though.

Had the same. After I place camera where i want and rewind a replay, screen disappears for a sec -> camera is somewhere in the pitlane.

BUT somehow it solved itself for me after a tried couple of times. I think once LFS see a car in field of view (in shift+u mode) it's auto selected as vehicle to follow in new system. Maybe when there wasn't any car visible = no car to follow selected it worked eventually.

I can't handle this case - follow, stop, lock...
Quote from pasibrzuch :Had the same. After I place camera where i want and rewind a replay, screen disappears for a sec -> camera is somewhere in the pitlane.

BUT somehow it solved itself for me after a tried couple of times. I think once LFS see a car in field of view (in shift+u mode) it's auto selected as vehicle to follow in new system. Maybe when there wasn't any car visible = no car to follow selected it worked eventually.

I can't handle this case - follow, stop, lock...

I just retried by firstly following the car, and then locking the view. Backstepping works as expected with doing this.

I believe this is not a bug, but a misunderstanding of this newly introduced feature.

It's worth mentioning, that once the view is locked, any changes made afterwards result in jumping to that locked view when backstepping. To maintain the correct view, toggle the lock.
Quote from Squelch :I just retried by firstly following the car, and then locking the view. Backstepping works as expected with doing this.

I believe this is not a bug, but a misunderstanding of this newly introduced feature.

It's worth mentioning, that once the view is locked, any changes made afterwards result in jumping to that locked view when backstepping. To maintain the correct view, toggle the lock.

Ah I see now, thanks a lot! Now I know what the lock button is there for. Sorry then for the false alarm
Quote from Flame CZE :Ah I see now, thanks a lot! Now I know what the lock button is there for. Sorry then for the false alarm

Np, it caught me out too. It was pasibrzuch's last comment that made me recheck.

[Edit]
I just looked at first post again, and this feature isn't mentioned. Perhaps Scawen can amend the documentation for Z32? [/edit]
Quote from Squelch :I just retried by firstly following the car, and then locking the view. Backstepping works as expected with doing this.

Thanks. It's clear now

Quote from Flame CZE :Ah I see now, thanks a lot! Now I know what the lock button is there for. Sorry then for the false alarm

And now I know what 'stop' button is there for. I wanted a static camera on the ground - works like a charm! How could I think that following camera will stay in place

It's great how mouse wheel zoom works depending where the pointer is!
That is interesting - thank you for the observation that the lock button solves the problem! That should make it easy to fix. Because I think the < (or comma) key should keep the camera's relative position when following a car, just as the > (or full stop) key does, even if you are not locked on that car.

That is not really the purpose of the lock button. Normally if you look away from a car that you are following, after 3 seconds it stops following that car. The lock stops that automatic disconnection.
Quote from Scawen :That is interesting - thank you for the observation that the lock button solves the problem! That should make it easy to fix. Because I think the < (or comma) key should keep the camera's relative position when following a car, just as the > (or full stop) key does, even if you are not locked on that car.

That is not really the purpose of the lock button. Normally if you look away from a car that you are following, after 3 seconds it stops following that car. The lock stops that automatic disconnection.

That is equally interesting, thanks for clearing it up, and I'm glad I could help.

Quote from Dinodoom :http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_k08R ... kAwn34/s400/g27_light.jpg with those led lights on wheel. then why not?

Scawen never said never, just not this patch.

Also, I believe it is incumbent on Logitech to provide a means to control those LED's via their profiler. Every developer should not be expected to cater for every exotic piece of hardware out there, and rather the hardware developers should try and maintain or set some open standards.
I understand MadCatX made an application for the G27 LEDs, check this thread.

Also: boojaa!

Attached images
boojaa.jpg
Z32 ?
Quote from morpha :I understand MadCatX made an application for the G27 LEDs, check this thread.

Yes, but that doesn't work with FF. It would be a lot easier for Scawen to implement(I guess.)
But this is not a patch to implement new things, only to fix some bugs and make a stable release, so it can wait.
Quote from morpha :I understand MadCatX made an application for the G27 LEDs, check this thread.

[OT] I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the pointer. I still maintain it is the hardware developers responsibility, and open standards are needed. Insim/Outsim anyone? Seems Codies have "nearly" followed this and it is very possible for hardware to communicate properly and bidirectionally using these. [/OT]

Quote :
Also: boojaa!

Nice spot
on an side Q.

is it possible for you in some upcoming patch to increase the steering angle?
I wasent there myself when s1 had her race, but i have heard that the steering angle was around 50 degrees.

since drifting is so large and growing, it would be nice to have larger steering angle.
it dosent need to be stock in the cars, just in the set, u could increes the angle..

(i bet im gona be flamed now)

/out
Quote from nesrulz :Hm...

LFS (and Airio) uses hundreds of nodes on each track to determine where a driver is, and thus work out whether someone is going the wrong way or not. Since AS1X does not have a path or nodes to define the track, LFS cannot work out which way someone is going. Luckily EQ Worry is creating custom ones for Airio, so a lot of the problems (cutting, blue flags, wrong way, and hopefully yellow flags) should be solved in a new version of Airio.
Quote from boothy :LFS (and Airio) uses hundreds of nodes on each track to determine where a driver is, and thus work out whether someone is going the wrong way or not. Since AS1X does not have a path or nodes to define the track, LFS cannot work out which way someone is going. Luckily EQ Worry is creating custom ones for Airio, so a lot of the problems (cutting, blue flags, wrong way, and hopefully yellow flags) should be solved in a new version of Airio.

That looks promising indeed.

If, and a qualified if at that, we end up with a full set of paths and nodes native to open configs, I would like to see an option/command that disables flags and penalties for truly free roaming. At the moment we still have pit lane infractions which imho could be removed until such a thing happens too.
Scawen was so bored he made a server, mashing the keyboard while naming the server: ©²³¶†‡€®¿™§¥\

And then putting his hax on

Quote from aroX123 :Scawen was so bored he made a server, mashing the keyboard while naming the server: ©²³¶†‡€®¿™§¥\

And then putting his hax on

Lol, AMX InSim, where it loads plugins into the engine via a DLL that allows you to directly implement NOS, and shite. That was him doing a 5 Fast run . Quite simple really, if Scawen ever decides to give us an engine API.

Well, a man can dream.
Quote from Dinodoom :http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_k08R ... kAwn34/s400/g27_light.jpg with those led lights on wheel. then why not?

Logitech didn't make it easy to support this. I think they had the option of designing a simple "packet" for programs to communicate with their drivers, through an existing "escape" function provided in DirectX. Actually it was Logitech who told me about that possibility.

But if they did that, they didn't tell me about it. But they did tell me about an API they made which seems big and complicated, not easy for me to understand and I'd have to include their code into LFS.exe which is something I really do not like to do, and it looked like I'd have to rewrite the entire input system. Maybe I'm wrong about that but I just got confused each time I tried to read their code.

I would have been happy with a simple interface to set the red lights and maximum steering angle. If they had just sent a communication packet specification then I could have done the support.

I don't know why they chose that way, maybe they had good reasons.
Quote from aroX123 :And then putting his hax on

Actually we have been adding support so that the race progress and race history on LFS World do work with custom layouts (on open configurations or standard configurations). Only for races with a grid, not autocross time trials with an autocross start position.

In your version, stats are not sent if you have set up custom lap timing (on any config). But in Z32 they are sent. Also there is a notification that custom lap timing is set, so PB's are not stored. Though while it was unfinished and custom lap PB's were not yet excluded I have ended up with a very fast PB at BL1 / LX4.
Quote from Scawen :Logitech

If you already started talking about the handlebars, it will be difficult to write code to synchronize the device (steering wheel) with a virtual steering wheel?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG