The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1455 posts, closed, started )
Quote from nesrulz :OMG, we need server penalty for wrong way! In racing. Because people drive races. People like to break the rules. And this is the basic rule.

/autokick=no / kick / ban / spec
Quote from Flame CZE :/autokick=no / kick / ban / spec

Yes.

// no/kick/ban/spec: wrong way drivers
/autokick=ban

Quote from nesrulz :Yes.

/autokick=ban

Oh I see, I thought you were requesting that feature at first. Well, yes but I think EQ Worry will make that feature since he made the PTH files for the "official" open tracks.
Quote from Flame CZE :Oh I see, I thought you were requesting that feature at first.

/autokick=ban

This is from my LFS DEDI Z28.

I'm asking for (server) wrong way in open conf.
Quote from nesrulz :
/autokick=ban

This is from LFS DEDI Z28.

I reguesting wrong way in open conf.

I mean, by this: "OMG, we need server penalty for wrong way!" I thought you didn't know it was already implemented. Too much off topic now from us, sorry :/
EQ Worry if not otherwise, I hope.
Quote from mbt_dj :
it's normal or a bug?

I would say that while it appears abnormal, it is a result of how those tyres collision faces are made. (no collision faces on the ends perhaps?) They would not normally be expected to be hit from above, and in your replay one of the blue stacks is pushed through the track. This extreme camera angle shows it nicely.
I think it is this that makes your car flip like that.

Quote from Flame CZE :In Z28, the view also stops following the selected car but it stays in the same place. It would actually be good if it was possible to keep following the car after pressing <. I don't know if it's easy though.

I noticed the same. It seems whenever the replay has to start from the beginning ie back step, that the follow cam is reset.
Attached images
Tyrepush.PNG
To confirm, the bug where if you delete objects at a seriously fast rate, sometimes (VERY Rarely) a object far away for example at the other side of autocross can get deleted, its been doing that for as long as iv played lfs, but its very very rare isnt a issue, but if it happens to me ill save rep and post it here.
Quote from Scawen :After the official patch is released I will be back working on the tyre physics.
When the tyre physics is done it should not be long to the Scirocco.
Hopefully not long to some S3 content after that...

But... please ignore me when I say "soon" or "not long". That's just the belief in my mind that keeps me optimistic and on the case. It always takes much longer than I expect.

Thanks, but what i wanted to know was how far the tyre physics are off, cause unless i know that the other info is useless Although you probably did that on purpose.
Quote from boothy :ZOMG then I assume you'll be the one helping to make the .pth files for each configuration?

Make it simple to create pth-files, and I'm sure alot of people will create the paths for their layout themselves.
Quote from Squelch :I would say that while it appears abnormal, it is a result of how those tyres collision faces are made. (no collision faces on the ends perhaps?) They would not normally be expected to be hit from above, and in your replay one of the blue stacks is pushed through the track. This extreme camera angle shows it nicely.
I think it is this that makes your car flip like that.

oww, sry for my bad english. i say "tire wall" but i mean this tire-stack :doh:

Yes, I also think this is an abnormal collision detection.

remark for testing: it's easy to reproduce this...
Quote from Flame CZE :While I was watching mbt_dj's replay, I discovered a little bug in follow car feature in SHIFT+U mode in replays. When I follow a car in a replay and go frame by frame forward by pressing the > key, everything is OK but when I rewind frame by frame by pressing the < key (or just by moving the slider), the view stops following the car and moves somewhere else on the map.

In Z28, the view also stops following the selected car but it stays in the same place. It would actually be good if it was possible to keep following the car after pressing <. I don't know if it's easy though.

Had the same. After I place camera where i want and rewind a replay, screen disappears for a sec -> camera is somewhere in the pitlane.

BUT somehow it solved itself for me after a tried couple of times. I think once LFS see a car in field of view (in shift+u mode) it's auto selected as vehicle to follow in new system. Maybe when there wasn't any car visible = no car to follow selected it worked eventually.

I can't handle this case - follow, stop, lock...
Quote from pasibrzuch :Had the same. After I place camera where i want and rewind a replay, screen disappears for a sec -> camera is somewhere in the pitlane.

BUT somehow it solved itself for me after a tried couple of times. I think once LFS see a car in field of view (in shift+u mode) it's auto selected as vehicle to follow in new system. Maybe when there wasn't any car visible = no car to follow selected it worked eventually.

I can't handle this case - follow, stop, lock...

I just retried by firstly following the car, and then locking the view. Backstepping works as expected with doing this.

I believe this is not a bug, but a misunderstanding of this newly introduced feature.

It's worth mentioning, that once the view is locked, any changes made afterwards result in jumping to that locked view when backstepping. To maintain the correct view, toggle the lock.
Quote from Squelch :I just retried by firstly following the car, and then locking the view. Backstepping works as expected with doing this.

I believe this is not a bug, but a misunderstanding of this newly introduced feature.

It's worth mentioning, that once the view is locked, any changes made afterwards result in jumping to that locked view when backstepping. To maintain the correct view, toggle the lock.

Ah I see now, thanks a lot! Now I know what the lock button is there for. Sorry then for the false alarm
Quote from Flame CZE :Ah I see now, thanks a lot! Now I know what the lock button is there for. Sorry then for the false alarm

Np, it caught me out too. It was pasibrzuch's last comment that made me recheck.

[Edit]
I just looked at first post again, and this feature isn't mentioned. Perhaps Scawen can amend the documentation for Z32? [/edit]
Quote from Squelch :I just retried by firstly following the car, and then locking the view. Backstepping works as expected with doing this.

Thanks. It's clear now

Quote from Flame CZE :Ah I see now, thanks a lot! Now I know what the lock button is there for. Sorry then for the false alarm

And now I know what 'stop' button is there for. I wanted a static camera on the ground - works like a charm! How could I think that following camera will stay in place

It's great how mouse wheel zoom works depending where the pointer is!
That is interesting - thank you for the observation that the lock button solves the problem! That should make it easy to fix. Because I think the < (or comma) key should keep the camera's relative position when following a car, just as the > (or full stop) key does, even if you are not locked on that car.

That is not really the purpose of the lock button. Normally if you look away from a car that you are following, after 3 seconds it stops following that car. The lock stops that automatic disconnection.
Quote from Scawen :That is interesting - thank you for the observation that the lock button solves the problem! That should make it easy to fix. Because I think the < (or comma) key should keep the camera's relative position when following a car, just as the > (or full stop) key does, even if you are not locked on that car.

That is not really the purpose of the lock button. Normally if you look away from a car that you are following, after 3 seconds it stops following that car. The lock stops that automatic disconnection.

That is equally interesting, thanks for clearing it up, and I'm glad I could help.

Quote from Dinodoom :http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_k08R ... kAwn34/s400/g27_light.jpg with those led lights on wheel. then why not?

Scawen never said never, just not this patch.

Also, I believe it is incumbent on Logitech to provide a means to control those LED's via their profiler. Every developer should not be expected to cater for every exotic piece of hardware out there, and rather the hardware developers should try and maintain or set some open standards.
I understand MadCatX made an application for the G27 LEDs, check this thread.

Also: boojaa!

Attached images
boojaa.jpg
Z32 ?
Quote from morpha :I understand MadCatX made an application for the G27 LEDs, check this thread.

Yes, but that doesn't work with FF. It would be a lot easier for Scawen to implement(I guess.)
But this is not a patch to implement new things, only to fix some bugs and make a stable release, so it can wait.
Quote from morpha :I understand MadCatX made an application for the G27 LEDs, check this thread.

[OT] I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the pointer. I still maintain it is the hardware developers responsibility, and open standards are needed. Insim/Outsim anyone? Seems Codies have "nearly" followed this and it is very possible for hardware to communicate properly and bidirectionally using these. [/OT]

Quote :
Also: boojaa!

Nice spot
on an side Q.

is it possible for you in some upcoming patch to increase the steering angle?
I wasent there myself when s1 had her race, but i have heard that the steering angle was around 50 degrees.

since drifting is so large and growing, it would be nice to have larger steering angle.
it dosent need to be stock in the cars, just in the set, u could increes the angle..

(i bet im gona be flamed now)

/out
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1455 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG