The online racing simulator
Quote from SJB :Why dont you publish this in the news section on lfs.net as test patch???

As it's a test patch, and not a stable release like Z25 and Z28 I assume.
Quote from Bokujishin :I noticed that high speed collisions are sometimes strange with this test patch.
I was in BL1 with the BF1 and hit the wall in T1 at almost 300 km/h and I just went through the wall. Tested with other cars (mostly GTR) and any collision above 200-220 km/h here makes the car fly.

I also tried to push a UF1 with my XRT and the UF1 kind of "shakes" when I push it (don't remember if it was already the case in Z28 though).

Good work nonetheless, I hope you'll be able to fix all these bugs

Happens with me too, with FBM, if go straight on the 2nd leg of the chicane and hit the wall (~120 km/h), the car flies up like if was that red and white barriers...

EDIT: Im talking about Blackwood GP, if someone doesnt notice :P
#428 - SJB
Quote from Bose321 :As it's a test patch, and not a stable release like Z25 and Z28 I assume.

Just for the ppl that they can see something is going on - last news there is from january^^
thanks for the reply Scawen, the only sad thing is that the wheel of my mouse is broken
One thing I would change, these texts:

3a_c_ar_hgt - CTRL + arrow - height
3g_c_ar_rol - CTRL + arrow - roll

It may confuse some people (it did actually, someone told me that the new SHIFT+U mode is bad, because you cannot change the height now, but you can). Maybe it would be better to change "arrow" to "up/down" & "left/right".
Scroll Wheel also works for height too. it's cool.
Yes but someone doesn't have a working mouse wheel, like me. But my post was about the help text itself, which could be a bit more descriptive, although there is quite little space for it.
OK, It's jsut soemthign that I don't notice being mentioned.q
Anyone know whats different about the westhill open config? Looks the same as normal to me.
Absolutely nothing (as there aren't any more configs for the objects to be diffed from).
Couple of things Scawen - where are the shift + u views actually stored - are they in a file so we can share these with others? Also, can the autocross lights be made to work the same as the other tracks?
Enjoying the new layouts on NDR!

One bug for me though. The Multiplayer Host screen switches to windowed mode when I click on Multiplayer from the main menu, and the clickable host names are not lining up correctly.

For example when you click on a host to join it, it actually opens up the server below the one you clicked on.

Clicking the maximise window button does nothing, as does f4.

I use SoftTH and a res of 5760x1080 so that may have something to do with it. It has only appeared with this patch though.
when you click multiplayer, there is an option marked "window while connecting", it always resets itself every patch.

does it still act funny with it off?
Low FPS on open config
On original tracks, I have a bit higher fps than before, but on open config, it is lower.
with open config, cruise layout, and +20 ppl on track, it is L O W !

I have decent spec computer I think, but softth is stealing some frames becouse of the resolution of 3 monitors.

Hopefully it will be further optimized before final patch is released.

Spec's:

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz @ 3.2GHz

RAM:
4GiB (2x 1024MB DDR2 PC2-5300(333mHz) + 2x 1024MB DDR2 PC2-6400(400MHz) @ 333MHz)

Mainboard:
EVGA nForce 680i SLI

GPUs:
Main GPU: Gainward GTX 260 | 896MB DDR3
2'nd GPU: XFX Geforce 6200 | 64MB

Planning on another GTX 260 in SLI, but might need a new psu for that
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :
with open config, cruise layout, and +20 ppl on track, it is L O W !

Great.. Finally reports about FPS... But define LOW?
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :.....

i got the feeling that your pc is sighly outdated cpu: Q3'06
is about 5 year old. but i still think that i should run with about 20~30 fps on 1 screen.

About the low FPS, using 3 screens means that you are rendering 3 screens in lfs?

an openconfig is a bit harder on fps then normal tracks. with 3 renders you will feel this more then with only 1 render.

P.s: We just need for info: OS , #screen used in lfs and more...
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :with open config, cruise layout, and +20 ppl on track, it is L O W !

Whats your meaning of low?

When iv been racing on aston open config with a full house 32 cars on grid,

1920x1080 res, high res textures on everything, 8x AA and also 500+ objects on layout, iv had easy into 200 fps, even at the start when every car is in view.

Core i5 2500K @ 5ghz, Win 7 64bit, Single ATI HD6970 (was planning on 2nd, but no need for any games out today) and finally 4gb ocz ddr3 ram duel channel
I have 50-60fps on regular layouts, 40-50fps on open config, but with a full grid I have 25-30fps.

I run 24" @ 1920x1080 main monitor and 2 x 17" @ 1024x768(rendering 512x768) on the sides

With only one monitor(24" @ 1920x1080) I have 70-80 fps on normal tracks, and about 50-60 on open layout, so the diference is not huge.

But with alot of cars and objects on open layout, my frames drops to almost half of a empty map.

From what I have noticed, and read around the forum, the rendering is cpu draining in main, and does not give the gpu the main load(correct me if I'm wrong)?

Edit:
Open config on SO is the worst, I have 20-30fps with 5-10 cars on track, very small lyt. 45-55fps on sp open config SO
Well, iv just come from a E6600 clocked to 3.8ghz, and it ran lfs fine, infact going from:

E6600 @ 3.8, and ati HD 4870x2 to what i have now, fps on lfs because it was reaching a cap of 200 i set all the time, i havent noticed lfs any different cause even then i was always 100+ fps, now its just 200 constant lol

you should be getting more fps to be honest with your setup my friend

try overclocking your cpu more. and use msi afterburner for your graphics card
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Well, iv just come from a E6600 clocked to 3.8ghz, and it ran lfs fine, infact going from:

E6600 @ 3.8, and ati HD 4870x2 to what i have now, fps on lfs because it was reaching a cap of 200 i set all the time, i havent noticed lfs any different cause even then i was always 100+ fps, now its just 200 constant lol

you should be getting more fps to be honest with your setup my friend

try overclocking your cpu more. and use msi afterburner for your graphics card

I agree on my fps being strangely low.

softth is replacing the d3d9.dll to run it, butunsure if it has anything in play.

I belive I have clocked my cpu enough(45C on idle, 55C on load), and I have also overclocked my gpu's(gained 5fps :P )

But my point in my orignal post:
1. The improvements for more fps works for standard configurations
2. but for open configurations it is not enough imo
3. if it is possible to optimise open config rendering for a fps closer to standard configurations, I would be happy.

And on a sidenote from the following posts:
Other games/graphich engines can run wery well on a not so good cpu, if gpu is good, and imo graphichs SHOULD be loaded on gpu.

But I guess that will be a big load of coding, since I think it must be redone :/

Either way, I'm happy with the progress on lfs atm(never had any trouble to wait for content, just enjoy what we have)
Load @ 55c?, pleanty of room for more overclocking
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Load @ 55c?, pleanty of room for more overclocking

Well, summer is comming, and the room temperature will be higher, and the load will go +60C
Quote from hotmail :Do you want us to point out more places where we find this same error , or is it something auto generated ?

Just making sure, because i found a couple more places. (most of them are around the starting grid / pit wall)

Yes, the fix is automatic, so it should fix any cases. But if you have found more false collisions (hitting something that isn't there) other than the Fern Bay pit walls beside the gantries, then I's like to having a look to make sure it's covered by the same fix.

Quote from boothy :Couple of things Scawen - where are the shift + u views actually stored - are they in a file so we can share these with others? Also, can the autocross lights be made to work the same as the other tracks?

The SHIFT+U views are stored in the .tvw files in the data\views folder.

I don't know what you mean about the autocross lights, they seem to work ok. Maybe you are talking about the sequence of the lights? I can't change that easily, Eric did it how he wanted it, and it is stored in the lights object.
One question - I am wondering where is "Power Steering" text going to be used in the future? I mean, is it planned to be used by VWS, can you tell us or is it a secret for now?
I am very LAG with the tracks 'X', and the other is not 'X' is normal would be a bug?

sorry my bad english
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG