The online racing simulator
Quote from Whiskey :@Torben: nkp demo now allows you to go multiplayer

Yes, I know. I thought the free trial version of nkp is limited to single player but apparently it is even limitied to one track, one car and single player.

I retrieved my licence and tried the new beta out yesterday. Still not many people online though
even it isnt for free its worth the money !
Nothing happen to LFS so lets start with nKarPro! !!
NetKAr pro FTW
tested it yesterday it isnt that bad so Im considering to buy it maybe
NKP actaually has one of the better tyre models for a sim.
The only problem with netkar is it's netcode, kunos tried to fix it a few times already but it still isn't even close to lfs or iracing, thats why you don't see a lot of people online too. It's mostly buzzing shortly after a patch but dies out pretty quickly because you can't race with people who got low fps or a ping above 100 or a combination of both.
Same old shit, different day...
So I haven't really played LFS in around a year and a half... I had to focus more on school well before this announcement was made.

Now I have some time to check back and LFS seems... dead (even when I play at what used to be the most popular time to play with the Europeans). Mostly a bunch of demo servers and around half of the S2 players are in cruise servers (those losers are still around? LOL).

Did I just come back at a bad time or has the userbase really degraded this much?
Quote from luftrofl :So I haven't really played LFS in around a year and a half... I had to focus more on school well before this announcement was made.

Now I have some time to check back and LFS seems... dead (even when I play at what used to be the most popular time to play with the Europeans). Mostly a bunch of demo servers and around half of the S2 players are in cruise servers (those losers are still around? LOL).

Did I just come back at a bad time or has the userbase really degraded this much?

yep every one is gone,no1 gives a flying F about lfs anymore.Maybe once an update comes they`ll check back.
Hammer time
I don't understand cruise servers.

I just slide around because I'm a bum. I hope there is a new car that is better at sliding than the XRT.

I wonder how immersive the graphics are going to be in the next patch :goodvibes:

I am really tired of this compulsion I have to visit this forum. I need to find a new driving sim.

Maybe I'll just start playing a game like Shift 2. The tire physics may be primitive, but everything else about it is years more advanced than LFS.
I'm talking more shaders, more polygons, more dynamic track surfaces, more realistic damage, better sounding sound, professional drivers teaching you techniques, and more, friends.

Food for thought.

:elefant:
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :I hope there is a new car that is better at sliding than the XRT.

The FZ5?

The graphics in the next patch will be the same, the physics will be different.
Quote from e2mustang :yep every one is gone,no1 gives a flying F about lfs anymore.Maybe once an update comes they`ll check back.

Too bad it seems like this has gone the way of Duke Nukem Forever (DNF, lol).
Quote from luftrofl :Too bad it seems like this has gone the way of Duke Nukem Forever (DNF, lol).

not quiet yet, we need to wait for Scawen's comming out "I am done with LFS coz i suck" Then we got DNF
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :I don't understand cruise servers.

I just slide around because I'm a bum. I hope there is a new car that is better at sliding than the XRT.

I wonder how immersive the graphics are going to be in the next patch :goodvibes:

I am really tired of this compulsion I have to visit this forum. I need to find a new driving sim.

Maybe I'll just start playing a game like Shift 2. The tire physics may be primitive, but everything else about it is years more advanced than LFS.
I'm talking more shaders, more polygons, more dynamic track surfaces, more realistic damage, better sounding sound, professional drivers teaching you techniques, and more, friends.

Food for thought.

:elefant:

I, I, I, I, I... If you don't like it - why did you buy it? Add to that the fact that you bought the game, not the right to complain to everyone about how bad it is from your pov. And yet, if you need to vent so bad, there is a vent thread already.

"Food for thought.

:elefant:"

I am saying that, because I'd like to be subscribed to the Progress Report thread. If I wanted to be subscribed to a vent thread, I'd subscribe to the vent thread.
i heard DX11 is worth 1 second per lap at blackwood in the XFG.
Quote from dadge :i heard DX11 is worth 1 second per lap at blackwood in the XFG.

Oh dude, just wait for DX12! It will give 20BHP more!
Sucks that Scawen went into silent mode again :\ Even Eric don't delete our posts anymore.
Quote from Amynue :Even Eric don't delete our posts anymore.

and that's a bad thing, why?
Quote from Amynue :Sucks that Scawen went into silent mode again :\ Even Eric don't delete our posts anymore.

It means we don't moan enought.

You know your job people. :smash:
ok then.

eric please show us some pics of your work
Me personally think they should create a "platform" like iracing.

Atleast when we talk about servers and series and managing the whole experience for people online.

I like lfs, but i gladly pay for something like iracing and get a real database for the whole simcommunity in that sim. I like the whole web gui for the whole sim experience. lfsworld is nice too but it's not the same thing.

Pretty expensive to get iracing going but when you have got your cars and tracks and series you wanna run it's just a matter of small fee each month depending on how you choose to pay for it.

I would gladly pay for LFS in the same way if they did something similiar. Allthough the prices cant be that ridiculous though. Cause it aint laser scanned and real cars blah blah blah.

I hope they have real jobs besides this so they can pay their bills.

iRacing has around 30 000 members signed. Everyone pays atleast 7 usd a month. And on top of that you pay for some cars and tracks you want to run. Me myself has put up around 200 usd for just cars and tracks and around 10 dollars every month for rent. And im only D class and just want to have some fun in there. A wild guess would be 30 000 x 120 = 3 600 000 USD for just average user. Then 30 000 x month fee that is at smallest 7,45 usd or 10-12 usd.

I would gladly give some of my money to LFS. To bad they don't feel the same and try to make the most out of it.
Quote from libben :Me myself has put up around 200 usd for just cars and tracks and around 10 dollars every month for rent.

Seriously, not everyone has this kind of money, or wants to spend it on a racing simulator. That said, I don't like the whole idea at all tbh.
The whole iRacing thing is all well and good but seriously what happens if you just want to "try" a car, you can't. And while money seems to not be a worry in your life, most of us can't afford it.

There's also the whole "someone spins you out and you lose points" thing, again - flawed.
As is if your PC freezes/crashes/internet gets disconencted, you suffer even more. And LFS users in general, I think, would not be happy to pay for content especially with the development rate.

For what we have/are getting, £12 per license state sounds fair enough.
Quote from Bose321 :Seriously, not everyone has this kind of money, or wants to spend it on a racing simulator. That said, I don't like the whole idea at all tbh.

Well, in this life you get what you pay for...

Quote from libben :iRacing has around 30 000 members signed. Everyone pays atleast 7 usd a month. And on top of that you pay for some cars and tracks you want to run. Me myself has put up around 200 usd for just cars and tracks and around 10 dollars every month for rent. And im only D class and just want to have some fun in there. A wild guess would be 30 000 x 120 = 3 600 000 USD for just average user. Then 30 000 x month fee that is at smallest 7,45 usd or 10-12 usd.

I would gladly give some of my money to LFS. To bad they don't feel the same and try to make the most out of it.

Riiiiight, but no where near 30k people are active. And no where near 30k have bought content, especially when a third of them are rookies, and only a third have got up to Class C, which requires at least one car purchase.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :but seriously what happens if you just want to "try" a car, you can't. And while money seems to not be a worry in your life, most of us can't afford it.

There's also the whole "someone spins you out and you lose points" thing, again - flawed.
As is if your PC freezes/crashes/internet gets disconencted, you suffer even more. And LFS users in general, I think, would not be happy to pay for content especially with the development rate.

For what we have/are getting, £12 per license state sounds fair enough.

You can't try an S1/S2 car if you're a demo user, so your point is caller?

An S2 licence is $40, in iRacing you can get a 3 month subscription for $12 - might as well see if you like it first.

There's also the thing in Airio's safety rating where if someone spins you causing a yellow flag, you lose SR... and if you don't finish the race you wouldn't get points in LFS. Both sims aren't perfect and both have the same getting crashed/losing connection etc issues...

Good you added "I think" because we do not know - however I've seen many people from LFS on iRacing who clearly are fine with paying for content. For example, if LFS got the 2010 Le Mans winning LMP2 Highcroft Racing HPD ARX-01C, how much would you be willing to pay for it? $5? <$10? $11.95? What about say, Suzuka Circuit - $5? <$10? or $14.95?
Will S3 be out before Gran Turismo 6?
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG