The online racing simulator
Quote from DEVIL 007 :This is the most ignorant post from developer towards the comunity I ever saw. What a real shame he puts everyone into same bin. It seems he dont understand that people who asking about updates, feedback are people who really care about LFS.

Its a shame some people here back in their post call someone who ask for something or make some critism as moaner. Wake up people. This was nice comunity. Please dont offend each other.

All the latest post from devs to me seems. "we dont care what you think about LFS". This is wrong in anyway. Respect goes both ways.

Think about it from his perspective. Entitled ****s shit up an internet forum demanding progress from a self-employed developer. I'd be pissed, too.

You, like many other complainers on this forum, don't seem to understand that LFS is their game, not yours. They work at their own pace and they don't have to justify their methods to anyone. If you don't like it, you should probably follow Eric's advice.
Quote from tinvek :must admit i was real surprised to see this post by eric, whilst i can understand his frustration at some of the posts on this and other forums and i agree with intrepid's views, it does seem to be rather self destructive for a dev of a game to say if you don't like the delays go away, maybe he should just think how many S3 licences they would sell if by the time it's released the only people still playing are the demo users.

as devil says it's not on to lump everyone together like that, i've supported the devs and the time it takes to come out with something as complicated as a new tyre model (look how long its taking dave at iracing to do the same thing) and have always intended to buy S3 as soon as it comes out but now i'm not so sure, if eric's post is a true guide as to how the devs feel about their customers then i don't particularly feel any urge to give them any more business.

hopefully future posts will prove my past feelings about the devs were correct but only time will show

+1
If all you, complaining people really hate the situation that much, and it bothers you a lot, go organize a protest. Heck, go protest in front of Scawen's house if you're that unhappy.

But, I bet, the moment he opens his door you will all start screaming like little JB fangirls..

+ By complaining here you are doing exactly nothing. You may think you have a whole community behind your back, but it's actually just you, in your room, alone.
As quiet a few us also know, this is not the real Eric.

Actually Eric is a very friendly and thankful person. I think that at the time of that post, he was just through it.

Eric has multiple times supported me in personal via PM's, and I really like him.
Quote from rockclan :As quiet a few us also know, this is not the real Eric.

Actually Eric is a very friendly and thankful person. I think that at the time of that post, he was just through it.

Eric has multiple times supported me in personal via PM's, and I really like him.

If I ranted away at some of our clients in a similar way, I would lose my job and probably a £70,000 contract as well. Bearing in mind it's a whole lot more complicated to move support contracts etc, do you think people who pay £24 for a game will think twice? With such a small community, as I have said before, is maintaining community relations.

It's understable why Eric felt angry but what makes him more mature, in effect, is how he doesn't blow off at, basically, the people that pay his salary. (sorry to sound like I'm banging on about public sector work here)

I mean, listen up Eric, if your attitude is "if you don't like it, go somewhere else", then we will. I personally will not be buying S3, if/when it comes out, down to your post. Congratulations you pompus little man.
I don't think a few people not buying S3 because of his post, or because of the development time, will have any noticeable effect on LFS's sales. Thousands of people will buy. Less than a hundred [probably] have stated they won't buy it. Over half of those actually will buy it (although maybe not immediately) and pretend they never said they wouldn't.
If a sales assistant spoke to you in the same manner i wonder if your reaction would be the same?

If my staff spoke to people in that manner they would not be working for me for very long.
Quote from richo :
If my staff spoke to people in that manner they would not be working for me for very long.

*whoosh*
As long as I can afford to, I shall be purchasing S3 as soon as it is available. The devs deserve more than they charge anyway for what they have given us. I'm just scared of saying this publicly because Scawen might read my post and start to slack with my purchase guaranteed, prolonging the release of the new tyre physics, because of course, whether I purchase S3 or not, is most certainly Scavier's biggest concern.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If I ranted away at some of our clients in a similar way, I would lose my job and probably a £70,000 contract as well.

I doubt your clients are a battery of total ****ing idiots who whine at you all day from a position of complete ignorance about what you actually do, purely because they are spoilt children who want something they can't have.

I've been freelancing for ten years and I've found that in fact it often makes good financial sense to stop answering the phone when your least-favourite customers call, because it's a lot easier to do work for someone who isn't a feeble-minded buffoon.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I mean, listen up Eric, if your attitude is "if you don't like it, go somewhere else", then we will. I personally will not be buying S3, if/when it comes out, down to your post. Congratulations you pompus little man.

I'm sure he'll be disappointed to hear that he has lost the support of the forum's biggest dickhead.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I doubt your clients are a battery of total ****ing idiots who whine at you all day from a position of complete ignorance about what you actually do, purely because they are spoilt children who want something they can't have.

I've been freelancing for ten years and I've found that in fact it often makes good financial sense to stop answering the phone when your least-favourite customers call, because it's a lot easier to do work for someone who isn't a feeble-minded buffoon.

I'm sure he'll be disappointed to hear that he has lost the support of the forum's biggest dickhead.

Trust me, normal custommers can be totally dicks too. I work atm. for a living supporting / giving service on mobile phones and invoices. Trust me, this forum is NOTHING compared to the whining in real life of people and their money.

But as said before, that the devs chose the biggest whiners, and belives they are the mayority of the forum and then goes apeshit in an all-rage attack on the community (ref. Eric's post).. I mean what the ****?

And ignoring calls and emails? What the hell is that? That's the worst custommer support ever. One unhappy custommer spread the word out to 10 others, one happy custommer might say it to 1-2, therfor the deal is to try giving them your best to maintain your reputation.
I don't know how it works in your country, but if custommer supports had startet ignoring the difficoult custommers there would be newspage stuff, you just don't do that in a serious buisness.
No offence meant by this Kev, I just find it shocking that there actually are buisnesses out there thinking like that. A custommer is a custommer, even if he is unhappy.
Quote from The Very End :And ignoring calls and emails? What the hell is that? That's the worst custommer support ever. One unhappy custommer spread the word out to 10 others, one happy custommer might say it to 1-2, therfor the deal is to try giving them your best to maintain your reputation.
I don't know how it works in your country, but if custommer supports had startet ignoring the difficoult custommers there would be newspage stuff, you just don't do that in a serious buisness.
No offence meant by this Kev, I just find it shocking that there actually are buisnesses out there thinking like that. A custommer is a custommer, even if he is unhappy.

A customer is often a massive resource hog and a waste of time and money, as well as being a pain in the arse and unpleasant to deal with. I don't need those customers because I have enough nice customers who are polite, communicate well and don't waste my time.

And those types of customers often start calling me even when I'm subcontracting and they are actually somebody else's customers. They do this because I am excellent at keeping customers happy, and I wouldn't have time to do that if I was wasting all my time on the low-efficiency idiots who I don't like talking to anyway.

I don't have to work for everybody, I get to pick. It's one of the perks of being self-employed.
Quote from IlGuercio :Your source of income is a waste of time?

Damn, there is a lot of very weird people on here.

You should read the rest of his post ....

Sd.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I doubt your clients are a battery of total ****ing idiots who whine at you all day from a position of complete ignorance about what you actually do, purely because they are spoilt children who want something they can't have.

It's a whole lot more expensive to find a new customer than it is to keep an existing one. We have several "troublesome" customers and we will try to do as little as we have to for these but at the end of the day, keeping customers happy and spending money with us is the main concern. Obviously from your post, you don't value your customers/clients at all so while you're happily pawing them off at every opportunity, they will be spending their money elsewhere and you will be losing out.l

Quote :I'm sure he'll be disappointed to hear that he has lost the support of the forum's biggest dickhead.

Oh, aren't you quite the big man. Every single post you come up with has some derogotory term about someone/something so perhaps you should look back over your posts the standpoint of someone who is obviously not as good as you and think about how much of a dickhead you look like.

THANKS DUSTIBABYILY. I am 2nd, next to you <3
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's a whole lot more expensive to find a new customer than it is to keep an existing one. We have several "troublesome" customers and we will try to do as little as we have to for these but at the end of the day, keeping customers happy and spending money with us is the main concern. Obviously from your post, you don't value your customers/clients at all so while you're happily pawing them off at every opportunity, they will be spending their money elsewhere and you will be losing out.l

You still don't get it. My time is money, literally, that's what I have to charge people for - my time. There is only one of me, I cannot do two things at once. If I can fill my time with work I want to do, why would I spend any time doing work I don't want to do?

If I was a total breadhead I might consider hiring an employee and giving him/her all the dickheads to deal with so I could still make money from them but not have to talk to them very often, but I don't care that much about money, I don't want to give someone what I know will be a shit job, and these customers are the types of people who would insist on talking to me anyway because they think they're so ****ing important.

Life's too short to spend it with idiots.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Life's too short to spend it with idiots.

why are you on the interblag then?
and more importantly why are you talking to s14?
in your free time
Quote from thisnameistaken :A customer is often a massive resource hog and a waste of time and money, as well as being a pain in the arse and unpleasant to deal with. I don't need those customers because I have enough nice customers who are polite, communicate well and don't waste my time.

And those types of customers often start calling me even when I'm subcontracting and they are actually somebody else's customers. They do this because I am excellent at keeping customers happy, and I wouldn't have time to do that if I was wasting all my time on the low-efficiency idiots who I don't like talking to anyway.

I don't have to work for everybody, I get to pick. It's one of the perks of being self-employed.

Guess we'll have different values then, I rather try to keep them all from quit'ing their rellationships to my company, even if I have to keep up with the morons

But, if things works for you and you can earn money from it it's great by all means, but if it were in Norway you soon would get a bad reputation that would led to a mass-loss of custommers.

And as usually, no offence meant by this, we just have different veiws on the matter of custommer support.
You guys must be emo.

I don't care about Eric's post, I'll buy S3 whenever it comes out because I wanna have fun, and Eric's post is not going to change the fun I'm gonna have.

If you guys need Devs who say "Oh community, I love you all, thank you!", then you should get a girlfriend instead of crying here.
Quote from RenvoN :You guys must be emo.

I don't care about Eric's post, I'll buy S3 whenever it comes out because I wanna have fun, and Eric's post is not going to change the fun I'm gonna have.

If you guys need Devs who say "Oh community, I love you all, thank you!", then you should get a girlfriend instead of crying here.

Would be nice if you would not insult me or others. Thank you!
Your point is very constructive.

P.S: either I am too old and hear badly but listen 0:50-1:05.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... fK93Q&feature=related

There are a lot of things which could have been released and has nothing too do with the physics Scawen is working on. I still dont get the point why its not out but its maybe just me.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Would be nice if you would not insult me or others. Thank you!

Meh, you should follow Eric's post then.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Would be nice if you would not insult me or others. Thank you!

There are a lot of things which could have been released and has nothing too do with the physics Scawen is working on. I still dont get the point why its not out but its maybe just me.

Quote from DEVIL 007 :

As Scawen wrote, to obtain some behavior (like extreme camber) the setting ought to be very unrealistic. So as it was expected, the REAL car was and is a challenge for LFS.
http://www.lfs.net/?page=report_dec2010

This virtual simulation rig looks like an outcome of such a realistic approach tat occured to be too much CPU consuming. It seems reasonable that Scawen still attempts to achieve realistic results not on raw data level (deriving outcomes based on underlying phisics laws) but on specific parts level (like tire contact patch, suspension parts etc.) outcomes mathematicaly fitting the results with sets of coefficients. Thus not calculating everything but that what is needed.

Another words: F**K physics, just get results right on a device level. :thumbup:
calm down people !!!
I do not understand why people argue and insult each other in this thread. That's nice to finally have to wait for updates, and I think that we should be nice this time to wait This is certainly not over the years, I think the maximum for a few months yet and we are playing something incredibly real. We look forward to a little more and to suffer, believe me, this thing is worth it I understand the instance of LFS team, it's not at all an easy task to get the car and managed as real as possible. The thing is well worth the wait. Strength and stamina, and look forward to!
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG