The online racing simulator
#51 - Byku
AWESOME! That's what i'm talking about! Thanks a lot for a progress report . Merry Christmas.
1) Merry XMas and happy New Year to the whole LFS Devs team

2) Thanks for the report, it's much appreciated. I hope you'll enjoy working on the tyre model even in 2011, best of luck with it...
2010 December - another "we are not dead" message
2011 December - we're almost done!
2012 December - sorry no patch, world ends anyway.
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
#54 - chaa
no release date or something like that -> no more lfs... 2 years delay is too much
Quote from chaa :no release date or something like that -> no more lfs... 2 years delay is too much

lfs s2 was released in 2006 i think it´s 6 years delay....
#56 - Be2K
ITs nice to hear something is going on but i fully agree with Chaa.
I dont play LFS not that much as did "early 2009" and i'm near to quit complete. LFS needs content asap and this dont mean i 1 or 2 years..

happy xmas.
Exelent new's

The new tyre model ( Physics ) Are gona "eat" more cpu?, the requirements to run LFS with the new Physics are gona be the same or gona be a bit more?

Whould be good to have a benchmark of the actual lfs requirements, i find the ones in the website a bit outdated.

That my preocupation.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year!
Thanks for the report.
Merry Christmas to all!
I have to agree with some people that putting up 2 progress reports in 2 years just doesnt cut it, it may be time to move on. Maybe the patch will come some day, but it might be too late. It should have bigger content compared to previous patches in my opinion, especially when other big sims are producing new stuff on a regular basis. LFS isnt anymore THE sim, its just in the same bunch of them, which is really a shame since too little is happening everything-wise.

Merry christmas to Dev team and everybody else.
Great
Guys, calm down, please. Scawen has claerly explained the situation which exists now. There had been a lot of negative speculation on this forum during all the time... Everybody was fed up with pospones and it was clearly noticible by looking at their post on forum and they suddently droped LFS.. Thanks to Mr. Scawen who denied negative speculations that were made by annoying people and made sure that we gonna have a some new improvements and new thing in LFS in the future.. Everybody who have been believing all this time - won! Who've been not believing - lost.

Merry Christmas Mr. Scawen!!! And all LFS community!
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
Thank u for the report and Marry Christmas
Quote from Bose321 :I think you answered your own question.

Forgot to add the "?", sorry

Can you delete you porst that is quoting me?
Thanks for the report! Looking forward to playing the patch in 2011.
Wow, thanks for the report, Scawen, some nice work we got there
Quote from LFS_Adam :@Scawen
This is a disappointing and the wrong strategy (in my opinion). There is always something more to find out. A simulation will never perfect. I understand, that the physics seem not work in certain situations. But after a "promise" 2 years ago to release new content, it should have been your priority to release new content.

It seems to me, that you are chasing a carrot. You always have new ideas for new features and then figure out, that it takes more time to analyze and implement these things, until they are "perfect".

The 24th was the last date for me, for a new patch or a definitive release date. I will neither buy an S2 license nor play LFS anymore. I bought an S2 license for a friend of mine early in 2009 for his birthday, in hope for the Scirocco and new content. I also planned to buy a license for myself, as soon as the new content would have been released...

Bye
LFS_Adam (alias GT_320)

Just before all you warriors start mouthing off at him, IMO, he's just saying what is probably on almost every hardcore LFS'ers mind! I think a year without updates, patches or extra "promised" content, is a little sad! I understand that its only three guys n all, but other people have to be helping out somewhere! The LFS community has a right to know whats going on, as we have spent the hard earned money buying the game! Even if it's just an update saying "Hey guys, we are still running into snags, will do our best to keep you updated"! 1 WHOLE YEAR is just not good enough! A lot of people i race with and cruise with, are ready to pack it in as its just getting old now!

Nuff said!!

Merry Christmas to all btw!
Thanks for the update Scawen, and it's good to hear Victor and Eric are still hard at it.

You have my utmost respect for sticking by your conviction, and by not being too disheartened by those ingrates and their constant demands. My frequent visits here have become increasingly tiresome having to wade through all of the diatribe directed towards the Devs just to pick up the odd crumb of interesting news.

Perfection does not come easily, and the previous work just shows how good it really has been through the test of time. Other racing titles are still nowhere near as good on the simulation front, and are still biased towards eye candy over physics. I'm so glad you've not been tempted to be reactionary and throw out some buggy underdeveloped content just to rake some money in like some of the great software houses seem to these days.

I am really looking forward to testing the new physics and other content when it comes, and will patiently wait until then. I strongly believe I'm not alone.

I can only offer words of encouragement for now, and my continued support in the future. I'll now slink off into the silence again.

I wish you all a happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year!
Quote from SyNt3K :...as we have spent the hard earned money...

So how long do you have to work for the price of S2?

I have to work about 4 hours to get the money LFS costs in Euros. Compared to the time I spent online and offline, it's money well spent.
Quote from ATHome :So how long do you have to work for the price of S2?

I have to work about 4 hours to get the money LFS costs in Euros. Compared to the time I spent online and offline, it's money well spent.

2 hours at the beginning of 2010, 1 week nowadays.
Well... Thank you Scawen for these news.

But honestly, it doesn't look like a progress report. The content is still the same since 1 year : "Working on the tyre model, Scirocco and Rockingham almost finished".

It sounds more like an attempt to gain some more time before players start trying to find another game and stop LFS.

IMO, the best thing you could do would be to make a patch with a bit of new content (like Z28), which would give you a bit more time before customers get bored again...

It's looking more and more like you're taking the same way as GT5, I mean Sony has had a really bad communication and didn't take care about customers' applications. The result is that for the players, the final game is a disappointment. But the difference between LFS devs and Sony is that if the new patch is considered bad by the players, I don't think the game will survive...

LFS has a community of players that supports its devs, but if they start to think they have been cheated, it could become the beginning of the end.

(Sorry for my bad english)
thanks for the update and the tyre article, but i doubt that people will be satisfied with that, so we just have to keep waiting till its perfect

meanwhile listen to the cure - lullaby
A bunch of words and no sign of improvement so far.
Even i can say i have the biggest penis on the web without showing it.
What are you after? Perfection of that tyre model? Well, if that's your intention i think you should know that it's impossible.
After all the game and stuff is yours, if even you can't understand how damage this story has made to your project i think i don't have to care more than you about it.
Sometimes you look like me when i don't want to study for an exam.
What about that article on the homepage also? If i wanted to know how a tyre works in real life i could go to any page on the internet or study it on some literature.
I am honest and you should too, i don't care if you release something or not but be conscious that this is NOT a progress report as a "i am doing fine" is not a progress report about my life.
Have a nice christmas and stuff.
Dont be a twat! Is that all you could pick out of that? Would you give away 4 hours of your pay randomly every week... don't hype it up like its nothing... money earned should be well spent!

Either way, pretty sure you missed the point!
All S2 players shoule buy the dev team a pint or two to thank them for the hard work they put in over the years to produce an incredible sim. Hope you guys enjoy yourself over the festive season and continue the hard work at whatever pace suits you. :drink:
Looking forward to see the result.

Cheers and merry Christmas
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG