The online racing simulator
#76 - wien
Thanks for the update guys. Very much appreciated.
Good to hear something's still going on.

About tyre model and CPU:

I hope it's not eating up much more, I don't know if my laptop will like that. When it comes to technical stuff, I am useless.

I am just a driver(sadly).

But it's good we got a report, thanks and merry christmas(Don't spend too much hours infront of the PC reading this and be with your family).
Quote from ilguercio :a bunch of words and no sign of improvement so far.
Even i can say i have the biggest penis on the web without showing it.
What are you after? Perfection of that tyre model? Well, if that's your intention i think you...(rest of the post snipped)

+1.
Well lets wait a little bit longer. I hope the new version of lfs will be great
Quote from SyNt3K :Dont be a twat! Is that all you could pick out of that? Would you give away 4 hours of your pay randomly every week... don't hype it up like its nothing... money earned should be well spent!

Either way, pretty sure you missed the point!

Yes I already give away 4 hours of my pay every week, as I smoke. That's money thrown into the bin.

LFS needs to be bought only once, many hours of fun. That's money well spent!
Good report.

Bloody hell, tyre physics is complicated.
Thanks for the update, good to see you're getting to grips (no pun intended) with tyre physics. Looking forward to more updates.
Merry Xmas for Dev's and You all forum users.
Thank you Scawen for your Progress Report - good to hear

I wish you a Merry Christmas and an Happy New Year !
Quote from SyNt3K :Dont be a twat! Is that all you could pick out of that? Would you give away 4 hours of your pay randomly every week... don't hype it up like its nothing... money earned should be well spent!

Either way, pretty sure you missed the point!

What are you on about? There wasn't much more in the post of yours.

Money hard earned should be well spent. I agree. How is it not well spent, if you have driven almost 70000 online kilometers and counting? All that for 24 pounds. LFS is a bargain for a driving simulator. Just look at iRacing, if you want constant updates. Of course that comes with constant payments to cover the expenses of large team.
Thanks for the report! Merry christmas
Looks like good progress, hope development continues smoothly.

The developers are developing, now if we could only get the moderators moderating....
I don't normally post comments in the forum, but I have to say I'm disappointed with this 'Progress Report'. It's the sort of thing politicians do... lots of words but it doesn't actually say anything useful. I find it harder and harder to even bother playing LFS these days. The same old cars, the same old tracks and none of the updates which were imminent so long ago. It gets a bit boring after a while. I've had my monies worth from LFS, no complaints there. But if Scawen and co can't see how much damage they're doing to their own product by forever trying to achieve perfection and not bothering to communicate with potential customers... well, don't be surprised if only a handful of people actually buy S3.

Hope everybody has a happy Xmas.

Gromit
thanks for the report, better now than next february. still waiting. merry christmas.
Good to see it's not dead, I'd assumed it wasn't, but nothing more in this report than that, really.

A complex tyre model which doesn't work yet (hence no release)? Who'd have thought it.

Eric continues to work but doesn't want to show anything? Standard Eric progress report, no?
I can't say it's good news since it's pretty clear it's still going to take very long...
But what can we do?
I wish you good luck with this terribly complicated tyre physics!
And after all this time waiting, I hope that there will lots of content from Eric and that LFS will be the most realistic sim on the market.
GL
I think that's a problem with software developers is that they say too much too early. People get dissappointed when the promises don't pan out. Plus it gives the people who love to gripe, whine and complain a perfect excuse to.
Words of blindness. I'm not optimistic against LFS anymore. Comparing the progress reports as of now, and the one a year before I see no difference. That was useless to say, I was hoping for something new as in 2007 when Y was released, though it didnt come. If you want perfect tire model, then we won't expect any patches released 'till the world is to the end, because it's pretty much impossible. You should just release content with some fresh tire physics, that are being improved by the time, piece by piece. That would surely make the game more exciting and fun, over more realistic physics. I think we are here to play, and entertain ourselves. If you want to be realistic go out to the world and drive something in real life. I think you are afraid of releasing the patch 'cause the community would think that in those well spent 2 years, you won't be able to show up anything to us.

Merry xmass

EDIT : In all that time, you could of redone every dds textures to higher resolution.
I don't care when the update comes. I will be there when it does.
LFS is fantastic, and has some very unique multiplayer communities.
So merry christmas everybody.
Returning to the boards briefly to see this news is fantastic! Even a small note of confirmation that an update is coming soon is great; thanks all devs involved.

Merry Christmas, by the way! Hope you don't fluster yourselves working on this and spend the time off.

The tire analysis is also a nice reason as to why being patient is good - I couldn't get a word of that!
Christ on a bike............

People are bitching and moaning that there is no progress reports, a progress report gets posted and then gets lambasted because it doesn't contain what people want / expect it to.

And people wonder why the devs don't post progress reports.

Bottomline here guys, LFS has been this way since the year dot, and it will be for ever more, so..............
#98 - Byku
Quote from Dalek0220 :.... is coming soon is great...

Nobody said it's soon ;p. Yeah.... it's great they've put the progress report. It just shows that there is something going on there, but still I don't believe that we will get any patch soon. Half a year to go I suppose. Anyway, like i said before, thank's a lot "Scawen"(speaking about himself in 3rd person? )!
In all cases, Merry Christmas Scavier

I didn't really expect a progress report, so this is somewhat a godsend. But I second those who believe that a tyre model cannot be perfect. Put out what you have! I mean, many of the other LFS features were not perfect either. They were released, and the LFS community loved them, am I correct?

But yeah, thanks for the progress report.
It's been worth the wait.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG