The online racing simulator
Ninja edits LOL!...not intentional.

Not into weed, despite living in the growing capital of Australia.

If you want to conclude that players who haven't played every combo "online", can't justify asking for more content, then they fail your test. Is it a reasonable or reliable test? No. Because for what ever reason some people can't play online. Maybe you live/work in a technology back water and only have access to dial-up or satellite. Who knows, but peoples situations change and it's certainly acceptable to play off-line (else why would AI exist) and those who do shouldn't be judged.

The point I have been making, is that LFS is on the decline. Even if those that don't meet your test were to start playing online again, the opportunities of the past sadly aren't there. The only thing that will revive the LFS online participation and "hopefully" bring players/leagues back is a significant update to content.
I love the fact that the threads with the most posting activity on this forum are always the update or progress report threads. With people on the two extremes of "GIVE ME UPDATES ARRRRRRRR" and "the devs can do what they please, STFU".

Why don't people stop commenting on this thread fullstop? It's tedious when the same opposing points get made by 2 different every week in this one thread.

We know people can't wait for the update, nobody can wait really, but for what it is, the game is still worth the 24£ or whatever you paid for it in your local currency. Sure, it's true a new track would really boost LFS in terms of activity, but when an update is made, LFS activity will be boosted regardless of what it is really.

At the end of the day, whether you agree with it or not, the gods that be LFS devs (in terms of this forum) have stated one way or another that the views on this forum are taken with a pinch of salt and not taken seriously when people complain about the content promise that hasn't arrived. Face it, this is one of the only games in the WORLD where in theory, you can actively talk to the devs or at least have the priviledge of them reading a message here (ie the bug report forum). It seems alot of you take that priviledge and abuse it, instead of support, it's critism, at least the LFS can be proud that nobody is saying LFS is a bad game outright, so there is a silver lining I suppose.

You'd think I was ass kissing the devs, but I'm not I'd love to see the VWS because I love Volkswagen, even that said I'm not crying, or visiting the home page every day only to be disappointed, I have a life so I get on with it. Sure I race rfactor for league racing or RBR for some fun but I know when the update comes I'll be back on LFS, enjoying it more than I did before, but in all honesty, I'll enjoy the same as I always did overall anyway. Update or no update, time will tell when S3 arrives if the game jumps up that extra notch meaning everyone can enjoy it more than S2.

In short. STFU.
When there's something else for players to focus on, like various aspects of the update.
Quote from farcar :You guys still cant argue against the fact that people can enjoy LFS however they want. And there's nothing you can do about it.

You sound like a twelve year old doing nananana-nana

To me it's obvious why Scawen doesn't post anything anymore. Children's day care is nothing compared to this thread (and a big part of this forum).
At least in the forum people can't bite each other. :bitehard:
Quote from cargame.nl :You sound like a twelve year old doing nananana-nana

What you're really saying is 'I can't address the point made by the other forum member so instead, I'll just claim he's acting all childish'.

Quote from cargame.nl :To me it's obvious why Scawen doesn't post anything anymore. Children's day care is nothing compared to this thread (and a big part of this forum).

You honestly don't know what you're arguing with me about.
My gripe is not with Scawen at all. The fact is I'm a huge fan of his. I've never said a bad word against him.
I took issue with the likes of yourself and that other guy getting on your high horses about how people's online activity somehow correlates to having the right to express an opinion on the forums. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hello everyone,

I just bought LFS, and it seems like an awesome simulator.

I have played LFS in the past on demo, when no accounts where needed yet.

I read somewhere that Rockingham was coming to the sim, so I decided to check out how good the sim is nowadays. I tried the demo for 5 minutes, and then decided to buy it.
Quote from Averro :Hello everyone,

I read somewhere that Rockingham was coming to the sim, so I decided to check out how good the sim is nowadays. I tried the demo for 5 minutes, and then decided to buy it.

Welcome to LFS S2. Hope you enjoy it
Quote from Averro :Hello everyone,

straigth to cruising, way to go
Quote from BOSCHO :Welcome to LFS S2. Hope you enjoy it

Thanks, will sure do.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :straigth to cruising, way to go

Is that wrong then, it was the server with most users in so I decided to try it out.
If you want a race server, turn off Cruise filter off (bottom of your screen).
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :straigth to cruising, way to go

Because there are so much S2 racing servers with people to chose from...
I just joined CarGame S2 and had my first 2 races.

Finished 9th in my first, and almost finished 6th in the second, before timing-out 2 meters before start finish.

I've attached a replay of my first race, can someone be kind enough to judge it?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PWEVSHGH
there are a lot more exciting servers out there than cruise ones
Quote from farcar :I took issue with the likes of yourself and that other guy getting on your high horses about how people's online activity somehow correlates to having the right to express an opinion on the forums. Nothing more, nothing less.

*cough* assumption *cough* i just hope in the next patch, more people will be able to spot your bs from further away. happy April fools, sugar tits!
Installed the game and.. see picture
Attached images
DeveloperVersion.jpg
Quote from farcar :

You honestly don't know what you're arguing with me about.

This quote of yours says enough;

'so I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.'

Summer 2009:

'I'm in the process of buying a house and selling my apartment, so my stuff's been packed away for a while. Hopefully when I move and unpack, there will be a shiny new patch waiting for me. I'll spend some time online then.'

Roflol. All empty words. Constantly.

Go waste somebody else's time with self made up reasons to troll. You just do not play this sim AT ALL. And lying about it is pretty sick.
Quote from cargame.nl :This quote of yours says enough;

'so I'm not sim racing at the moment while I wait for the patch.'

Summer 2009:

'I'm in the process of buying a house and selling my apartment, so my stuff's been packed away for a while. Hopefully when I move and unpack, there will be a shiny new patch waiting for me. I'll spend some time online then.'

Roflol. All empty words. Constantly.

Go waste somebody else's time with self made up reasons to troll. You just do not play this sim AT ALL. And lying about it is pretty sick.

OK, you appear to have spent considerable time going through my post history, looking for I don't know what.... A little disturbing perhaps, but I digress. I must have really ticked you off!

So, you've quoted a post I made YEARS ago, during a period when I wasn't playing. So what? I don't understand your point. What are you trying to say?

All you've really done is confirm the claim I made about you earlier; that you think you know things about others what the fact is, you don't know jack.

My recent posts have all argued against the perception that you have to be active online to have a credible opinion on LFS. How your silly rant fit in with this discussion? I don't understand.

I stand by my earlier statement that you actually don't know why you're arguing with me. Clearly I've pissed you off, but it seems that you can't quite put your finger on why.

Also, how am I wasting your time exactly? The choice to spend hours reading my post history was all yours. I'm not wasting your time, you're wasting your own time.
Quote from farcar : OK, you appear to have spent considerable time going through my post history, looking for I don't know what.... A little disturbing perhaps, but I digress. I must have really ticked you off!

was that an assumption? sorry, i'm starting to talk like you.

Quote from farcar : So, you've quoted a post I made YEARS ago, during a period when I wasn't playing. So what? I don't understand your point. What are you trying to say?

although time has passed, your situation has not changed. you're still not playing LFS while you wait for the next patch. rinse and repeat me finx.

Quote from farcar :All you've really done is confirm the claim I made about you earlier; that you think you know things about others what the fact is, you don't know jack.

without evidence, it's just original flavour BS.

Quote from farcar :My recent posts have all argued against the perception that you have to be active online to have a credible opinion on LFS. How your silly rant fit in with this discussion? I don't understand.

you also seem to have missed the point completely, the point was that people are asking the devs for more content when they've hardly even scratched the surface. we could call your posts "rants" too but they're such low yield that it would be insulting to all the rantists.

Quote from farcar : I stand by my earlier statement that you actually don't know why you're arguing with me. Clearly I've pissed you off, but it seems that you can't quite put your finger on why.

so, you know that he doesn't know why he's arguing with you, you also know he's pissed off. ass-u-me maybe

Quote from farcar :Also, how am I wasting your time exactly? The choice to spend hours reading my post history was all yours. I'm not wasting your time, you're wasting your own time.

ASSUMPTION! gazuntite.

seriously, not one thing you've said in that post was could be confirmed. by the end of the post, you seem to have talked yourself into believing what you said at the start was actually true(yeah, i know. assumption). how do you know he's pissed off? you really shouldn't say that reading your posts is a waste of time. everyone already knows.
Dadge, your post is all over the place. It's really hard to know where to begin. I'll at least try and cut through your (still only semi-literate) onslaught and stick to the points.

Quote from dadge :although time has passed, your situation has not changed.

Really? You know that from your dillusional little world, do you? Again, you're confirming my earlier point. Your stupidity is hilarious.

Quote from dadge :the point was that people are asking the devs for more content when they've hardly even scratched the surface.

What is 'scratching the surface' exactly? Your problem is that you judge it as the number of races/different combinations someone has raced online. That's complete rubbish.

I'm almost certain that soon, you'll reply, breaking this post in to byte sized quotes, and try (and fail) to pick it to peices.

I wait in anticiption for the impending car crash.
no "almost certain" about it buddy. of course i'm going to replay. it's a conversation, that's how it works.
Quote from farcar : Dadge, your post is all over the place. It's really hard to know where to begin. I'll at least try and cut through your (still only semi-literate) onslaught and stick to the points.

see, if YOU are going to have multiple points in one post, i'm going to have to break your post down and replay to each point (no matter how lame). my point was (i thought i made it easy, i said it about 3 times in one post) that you keep playing that assumption card. then you make wild assumptions yourself. i thought that was clear.
Quote from farcar : Really? You know that from your dillusional little world, do you? Again, you're confirming my earlier point. Your stupidity is hilarious.

you keep thinking i'm making this shit up. trust me, i'm not free-styling. still don't believe me? ok, when is that last time you completed an online race in LFS? which is after all, an online simulator. now's your chance to put me in my place dude. i'll help you, http://www.lfsworld.net/ your stats can be found there. 10 Jul '09
Quote from farcar : What is 'scratching the surface' exactly? Your problem is that you judge it as the number of races/different combinations someone has raced online. That's complete rubbish.

well, how else are you going to get the full experience of a racing game if you don't race it online on all the combos? how else can you judge a racing game if you've not even tried more than ~10% of the content? if there's nothing left for you to explore, maybe you could tell me how long a set of R3 tyres would last on a UFR @ Blackwood? you won't answer because i know you've never done that.
take a gander at your online stats. your stats (and your buddys) are exactly what scratching the surface is. small example, did you know that you've only recorded 1 lap at blackwood in the UFR? i'm sure you'll say that you could be playing offline and such. to which i'd answer "scratching the surface by playing an online sim, offline".
Quote from farcar :I'm almost certain that soon, you'll reply, breaking this post in to byte sized quotes, and try (and fail) to pick it to peices.
I wait in anticiption for the impending car crash.

what, like you've just done?
see, if YOU are going to have multiple points in one post, i'm going to have to break your post down and replay to each point (no matter how lame). i'm sure i just covered that bit. you'll probably feel a bit smug thinking that you've just said what i'm about to do. sorry to flick your bean m8, but that's how conversations go. all the time.
so yeah, put me in my place. or are you still waiting for the next patch?
Quote from dadge :Burp

You know, if you didn't type so much rubbish in your posts, they would be much shorter, and less tedious to read.

All you're actually doing, is claiming (ad nauseam) that I haven't 'scratched the surface of LFS' (whatever that is), and you refer to my online stats as some sort of proof of this. It was, is, and always will be - rubbish.

The fact is that you have absolutely no idea how I've experienced LFS in the nearly 6 years since I purchased it.

You can harp on about it being an 'Online simulator' all you want. It doesn't change the fact that people can and do, use LFS in different ways to you.
Quote from farcar :You know, if you didn't type so much rubbish in your posts, they would be much shorter, and less tedious to read.

All you're actually doing, is claiming (ad nauseam) that I haven't 'scratched the surface of LFS' (whatever that is), and you refer to my online stats as some sort of proof of this. It was, is, and always will be - rubbish.

The fact is that you have absolutely no idea how I've experienced LFS in the nearly 6 years since I purchased it.

You can harp on about it being an 'Online simulator' all you want. It doesn't change the fact that people can and do, use LFS in different ways to you.

you having difficulty reading is not my problem bud. but thanks for sharing that.
i claimed you HAVE only scratched the surface. if i claimed that you HAVEN'T scratched the surface, then you would have used less than you have already.
i agree that your stats are rubbish. but to clear this up, how would you record a users progress in this online racing sim? if it were me, i'd set up a database and make it accessible to all users. like an online world for LFS. the only thing i would have trouble with would be naming this LFSworld concept.
the fact is, you still didn't answer my question. when did you last complete a race online? and why was it nearly 3 years ago? would it have something to do with you waiting for the next patch? just like before?

see, i've been sticking to me point, whilst you've been avoiding it. i really hope it doesn't take you another 25 minutes to post 6 lines of text again. i'm missing American Idol.

oh, and including two Latin words in your post doesn't make you look smarter. if anything it makes you look like a knob.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG