The online racing simulator
Quote from boothy :
Good you added "I think" because we do not know - however I've seen many people from LFS on iRacing who clearly are fine with paying for content. For example, if LFS got the 2010 Le Mans winning LMP2 Highcroft Racing HPD ARX-01C, how much would you be willing to pay for it? $5? <$10? $11.95? What about say, Suzuka Circuit - $5? <$10? or $14.95?

I'll easily pay 35€ or more if it had that car and that circuit, including Rockingham and VWS, and the secret car.
I would pay pay pay, gladly pay for content on LFS current physics and graphics.

Pay a lot for a lot of content.
But, eh, don't have that choice.
I'd pay/make pushups/learn chinese/make swedish ordinary meal/do community work/stop picking my nose/do anything for new tracks and cars New tire model can be developed later
WE WANT CONTENT NOW!!!

I think that sums it up?!

Scawen/Eric gief us content, naow!
Quote from libben :Me personally think they should create a "platform" like iracing.

What more of a platform do you want? There is nothing the iRacing site does that isn't on LfSWorld... Apart from maybe a video tutorial, LfS has an ingame training for that...

News? There. Wanna race? Join any server you like. Statistics? Plenty. World records? Just a click away. Telemetry? O wait, that's just on LfSWorld...
Quote from luftrofl :
Did I just come back at a bad time or has the userbase really degraded this much?

No it has degraded.

Word goes that it increases when the F1 season finally starts but I have my doubts.

Would be best if the patch will be released then.

Starts 27th of March.. Thats 5 days, so gogogo Scawen
Quote from bbman :What more of a platform do you want? There is nothing the iRacing site does that isn't on LfSWorld... Apart from maybe a video tutorial, LfS has an ingame training for that...

News? There. Wanna race? Join any server you like. Statistics? Plenty. World records? Just a click away. Telemetry? O wait, that's just on LfSWorld...

LFS has as you pointed out all this, but it's not in one place. And if i want to know who is winning a leauge. I have to go to that site and so on, the word here is UNITE.

I like the way iRacing does it. All in one place. Of course iRacing is not perfect and I would love to see many functions from LFS into iRacing too.

But to be honest, i wished LFS did something similar as iRacing and unite the leauges/series and run it all from one site and so on.

I just want more content and more updates from LFS, and I would gladly pay them for it. But as long that aint happening I open up the pockets for iracing, and that is not good for LFS in the long run.

But LFS will always be there in the background for some nice racing. But TBH, iRacing is dominating the more serious approach each year and in the end LFS will fade away if they don't come up with some nice tracks and new cars and updates for bits and pieces.

I just wished the Devs had picked up the pace and tried to compete with the new simulators attention by releasing an extra map or getting in a new car now and then. But hey, that's not their way of doing it sadly.
Quote from JPeace :Please stop trying to sound like Martin Luther-King. The devs do not care if the whole community disapears, it will simply reappear once S3 comes out, nothing the community can do will change when the release date will be - please cut the bs.

Where is my BS?

Im not afraid that the community of LFS will fade away. I just say that LFS should become more than what it is today.

But LFS will always be LFS, and I will allways buy their updates.
Quote from libben :LFS has as you pointed out all this, but it's not in one place. And if i want to know who is winning a leauge. I have to go to that site and so on, the word here is UNITE.

iRacing NEEDS to have it all in one place, so they can control and bill you for what you're doing... It's iRacings restrictive system that holds it back imo - there is so much variety in LfS' leagues iRacing cannot even dream of with their current system... The downside is a more decentralized system, yes, but every league is invited to advertize themselves in the news section...
Can't believe how many times people write one here each day. I guess you must have the mind set that if you keep writing here one day the devs will just think f**k this lets just give them the update. Just be patient and wait instead of rageing all the time...
progress report 2010: 0
progress report 2011: 0

what progress?
Quote from Dandy Dust :progress report 2010: 0
progress report 2011: 0

what progress?

Some people want them to write at least somethig, so they did so.
Omg just let this community die allready , i cant believe ppl can be bothered to still come back here to forum daily.
Just play the fuking game and ignore this ˝whining gay never happy˝ community/forum , its not like u can read anithing usefull here.
Quote from Ales_M :Omg just let this community die allready , i cant believe ppl can be bothered to still come back here to forum daily.
Just play the fuking game and ignore this ˝whining gay never happy˝ community/forum , its not like u can read anithing usefull here.

your post is dripping with so much irony dude. take a step back and re-read it.
My bet is as follows:

The physics update won't be released before October 2011.
Quote from pajkul :my bet is as follows:

The physics update won't be released before october 2011.

i really hope you lose! :d
Quote from pajkul :My bet is as follows:

The physics update won't be released before October 2011.

It can happen.
"early 2009"
I hope the physics update requires a dual core cpu and is not tailored to dated hardware from LFS's past.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I hope the physics update requires a dual core cpu and is not tailored to dated hardware from LFS's past.

What if LFS becomes so freaking awesome that we need a 8-Core CPU and at least 2GB VRAM!
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I hope the physics update requires a dual core cpu and is not tailored to dated hardware from LFS's past.

Uh, reasons?
Quote from bbman : It's iRacings restrictive system that holds it back imo - there is so much variety in LfS' leagues, iRacing cannot even dream of with their current system.

+1 LFS allows its users to create & invent all types of competitions, leagues & events. iRacing is primarily a revenue generator.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :*coughBlueFlamecough*.

Sorry guys, got a bit of toast stuck in my throat there.

You sound sick man, take some medicine.

*coughIGNOREtheotherpostcough*

really, how? From what we know its some new tracks, a car (or cars?) and the physics. Really dont think it will happen
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG