The online racing simulator
2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
Yeah I knew about the switch at the beginning of the season, but since none of us work there, we really have no idea what really goes on there. They could do these switches this year and all 4 teams dominate, but it seems to be more for preperation for future years.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah I knew about the switch at the beginning of the season, but since none of us work there, we really have no idea what really goes on there. They could do these switches this year and all 4 teams dominate, but it seems to be more for preperation for future years.

I agree, they are definitly prepairing for years to come with Jr., Jeff, Jimmy, and Kahne rather than this year per say. Gibs should give them a run for their money this year (even better than what they did in '10)
Dalr jr. will do just as crappy as usual. He sucks and he's only a nascar driver because he's the most popular. He makes hendrick money because of his popularity but his driving skills are crap. Kyle Petty was a better driver than Dale jr. ever was....LOL.
Quote from Haupman :Dalr jr. will do just as crappy as usual. He sucks and he's only a nascar driver because he's the most popular. He makes hendrick money because of his popularity but his driving skills are crap. Kyle Petty was a better driver than Dale jr. ever was....LOL.

lol unfourtunatly you might be correct. I'll not say if you are for sure or not until after the first 5 or 6 races of the season though. I will say he has a cetain skill for the most skilless races of the year (Daytona and Tally.)
#30 - DeKo
Nationwide COT is epic, especially the mustang. That is what a Stock Car should look like, at least they actually look like their road counterpart.
I couldn't agree with you more, DeKo. I wish they'd swap the Nationwide CoT to the Sprint Cup. That likely won't happen though.
Quote from Haupman :Dalr jr. will do just as crappy as usual. He sucks and he's only a nascar driver because he's the most popular. He makes hendrick money because of his popularity but his driving skills are crap. Kyle Petty was a better driver than Dale jr. ever was....LOL.

This, hes taking up a good hendrick seat from someone who could deliver a championship.
Should we do some sort of "NASCAR Fantasy Picks" this season just for the fun of it? Seems to be the same amount of people in this thread from time to time, would be fun IMO.
I like the Challenger the best of the Nationwide COT cars, but it doesn't exactly look aerodynamic (even compared to the others) so I doubt many teams will be using it.
Quote from PMD9409 :Should we do some sort of "NASCAR Fantasy Picks" this season just for the fun of it? Seems to be the same amount of people in this thread from time to time, would be fun IMO.

I've been running one for my family for the last couple of years, so I beleive that I can do that

I'll post the spread sheet once I get it done. You'd have to fill out the sheet with your own information after I post the weekly sheet.

I'll let you know when I get the spread sheet for this year completed what all you'll have to do.
Quote from PMD9409 :Should we do some sort of "NASCAR Fantasy Picks" this season just for the fun of it? Seems to be the same amount of people in this thread from time to time, would be fun IMO.

I would be interested in participating in this. We used to have a fantasy Nascar pool going at work but that died off a couple years ago.

Got my tickets for the Daytona 500, going to be awesome.
Sweet Benny, I've never been there (to watch a race) myself, but I've heard that it isn't the best place to go and watch a race. I hope they are wrong for your sake

I can't get the speard sheet running because my Microsoft Office ran out and I'm not wanting to buy it again... Works I could use, but I'd have to start from scratch and it's hard to format things that large. My racing event is hard enough to fit on it with its 23 entries.
Quote from UncleBenny :Got my tickets for the Daytona 500, going to be awesome.

However I must say I've been there quite a few times, enjoyed each trip.
I go to Pocono every year and that's not exactly a great place to watch a race, I'm going with my brother and two of my friends though and we'll make it a good time regardless. We're pumped for the Thunderbirds pre-race flyover and also the fact that the dirt modified racing series from up here(that I go see at least 5 times a year) is going to be racing a half hour from Daytona Saturday night.

To open up that spreadsheet, try OpenOffice. It's free.

http://www.openoffice.org/
Yes!
NASCAR wants to reduce speeds in the draft from 196-197

Pussies

Also no tire wear after 30 laps. Whoa
Quote from DieKolkrabe :NASCAR wants to reduce speeds in the draft from 196-197

Pussies

Also no tire wear after 30 laps. Whoa

Speeds: That just means they will be closer together and less spread out. So you'll see more 3 wide racing. Pussies? Not exactly.

Tire wear: I'm guessing that's Daytona you are referring to? Sucks they repaved it.
For wanting 180-190 speeds in the draft? IMO they are. I'd rather they were spread out so a mistake won't wipe out half the field

And yes I meant Daytona
Well if they spread out then you are just going to watch a string of cars for 200 laps. Not something NASCAR, fans, teams, or drivers want. Also they are decreasing the speeds so if there is a wreck, the car getting spun around at high speeds will have a lesser chance of going airborne. Daytona is also now smooth, so they will be doing the "draft lock". Meaning eventhough draft speeds are 192-195, when they are locked you could still be seeing 200mph.
#46 - DeKo
As far as I know, they wanted to reduce the speeds to about 190-195, anything more than that and the cars start flipping.
the only reason almendinger got flipped at Talladega is cause another car hit him on the side which pushed him up a little and then the air got under him, not like 5mph will make a difference. i don't think the COT could blowover by it self without getting pushed
Quote from mutt107 :the only reason almendinger got flipped at Talladega is cause another car hit him on the side which pushed him up a little and then the air got under him, not like 5mph will make a difference. i don't think the COT could blowover by it self without getting pushed

Brad @ Atlanta
Newman @ Dega
Edwards @ Dega

All they had to do was simply spin them sideways alittle and the car went airborne. The frontstretch at Atlanta near the finish line I think the cars only do about 195, and look how much air he caught. NASCAR simply doesn't want cars going over the 195mph mark because it makes it too dangerous for fans standing near the track. 5mph doesn't sound like alot when compared to 200, but it can determine whether a car gets picked up into the air or not.
Was watching a few onboard videos, and they only hit like 180, 185 tops coming to the start finish at Atlanta. So adjusting speed because of the cars becoming airborne seems kinda pointless.
Quote from PMD9409 :Brad @ Atlanta
Newman @ Dega
Edwards @ Dega

All they had to do was simply spin them sideways alittle and the car went airborne. The frontstretch at Atlanta near the finish line I think the cars only do about 195, and look how much air he caught. NASCAR simply doesn't want cars going over the 195mph mark because it makes it too dangerous for fans standing near the track. 5mph doesn't sound like alot when compared to 200, but it can determine whether a car gets picked up into the air or not.

*Hint Hint*all those happened because of the WING. Not spoiler.*Hint Hint*

cept Edwards cause he got hit by Newman and it launched him higher(like almendinger)

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG