The online racing simulator
Wow, is F1 an exhilarating experience or what What a drive, you feel everything that's going on (on a right track), the accelaration is crazy, cockpit view is magical..

^It's Kaz's dream car, so there might be more 0s and 1s in it

Anyone try shuffle mode online races? I haven't, but it seems interesting - the game chooses random cars for every person, but they're all fairly equal
pr0n

Quote from pearcy_2k7 : I just quit the race on lap 59 whilst answering a text, omfg, PS3 is being turned off now before i throw something at it or the tv screen.... im not even ****ing joking LAP 59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACTUALLY 59!!!!!!!!!!!! OF 60!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

My brother got PS3 with GT5 yesterday, and gave it some quick testing.
The first reaction was - there is absolute no feeling of speed in this game. Drove 180mph on a narrow straight and it felt more like 180KMH
the feeling of speed is a bit connected to how far your are away from the screen, the TV standing like 1-5 meters away compared to the 50cm from eye to screen we play LFS on (if one still does ...) I hooked my mates PS3 up to his brothers 23' TFT just for a replay, and it felt way different.
Quote from ACCAkut :the feeling of speed is a bit connected to how far your are away from the screen, the TV standing like 1-5 meters away compared to the 50cm from eye to screen we play LFS on (if one still does ...) I hooked my mates PS3 up to his brothers 23' TFT just for a replay, and it felt way different.

This, i play GT5 on the same monitor i use for my PC (and LFS) and the feeling of speed is pretty much the same as LFS with normal FOV values..
The sensation of speed feels great to me. Going down the Hunaudières at Le Sarthe in the Minolta with the tree shadows zipping past looks superb! Maybe it's just how I got the screen set up etc.
ui isnt too great

anyways, can i make my default clutch pedal on my g25 the gas, and the other way around. i inverted my pedals so they swing from the top, like in most cars

also the g25 should have its own profile

so how do i setup my g25 so it works completely?
How would all of you rate the difficulty in getting gold/winning the licence/challenges/A-spc categories? I don't have a PS3 myself; was trying to get gold on all the licences and just managed to get the last one today (the IC-10 Rome 2 lap challenge, which was nothing short of tedious). Planning on going for gold on the challenges.

What was the hardest licence test in your opinion? What should I look forward for in the challenges?
i got it figured out, so il have to put my pedals normal...also any way to shut the music off in race :banghead:
Quote from Silverracer :How would all of you rate the difficulty in getting gold/winning the licence/challenges/A-spc categories? I don't have a PS3 myself; was trying to get gold on all the licences and just managed to get the last one today (the IC-10 Rome 2 lap challenge, which was nothing short of tedious). Planning on going for gold on the challenges.

What was the hardest licence test in your opinion? What should I look forward for in the challenges?

The gold times on most of the licenses are pretty hard, though managable. IMHO some are close to impossible though, f.e. the 1000m Brake Challenge with the DB9, it's ridiculous.
Quote from Stefani24 :The 1000m Brake Challenge with the DB9, it's ridiculous.

Try tapping the handbrake while you hold down the brake (tap till you stop); unrealistic, yes, but gets the job done That was one of the four that I had most trouble with.
Rome 2 lap (Ferrari) > FR Slalom (Toyota) > Suzuka applied overtaking (Alfa Romeo 8C) > 1000 m stopping (DB9).
Quote from Silverracer :

The one i found pretty hard and annoying that i can't get it right is the one with 207 gti on Tsukuba, it's that first licence category, National A or B.
When i see that the gold is doable i will go for it, but when it's pretty hard i can't be bothered and just go with the silver.
As for the challenges, i did gold with Samba buses on Top Gear track, silver with Elise, Nascar easy and Intermediate gold, AMG some golds, some silvers etc..
Quote from Silverracer :Try tapping the handbrake while you hold down the brake (tap till you stop); unrealistic, yes, but gets the job done That was one of the four that I had most trouble with.
Rome 2 lap (Ferrari) > FR Slalom (Toyota) > Suzuka applied overtaking (Alfa Romeo 8C) > 1000 m stopping (DB9).

What do you mean by tap? Just applying it all the time, or giving short handbrake impulses?
Hold down the brake as you normally would, then simply press/release the handbrake button continuously till you stop. Yeah, a short braking impulse, but don't hold it enough to cause a lock-up.
Quote from Silverracer :Hold down the brake as you normally would, then simply press/release the handbrake button continuously till you stop. Yeah, a short braking impulse, but don't hold it enough to cause a lock-up.

Ah, I get it. Will try next time I play GT5.
curently installing it to my hard drive! Add me on PSN people - iJew93 (And no im not anti-jew )
Quote from logitekg25 :i got it figured out, so il have to put my pedals normal...also any way to shut the music off in race :banghead:

Everything is in the setttings/options pages, scroll hard right and more stuff will reveal themselves. And down to the bottom as well
Ok, i might sound a complete retard here, but im trying to work out this button mapping for the G27 and it just isnt working! can anyone give me a list of where to map which buttons! or tell me what buttons are what? would be much appreciated!
Theres one couple of posts up. Some of the stuff is different on the G27 than the stuff given there; ie wipers button is the hb on mine. Haven't bothered to remap because all the basic stuff works fine...
Arghhh! I corrupted my game save, by accidently turning off my PS3 at the power socket!!!

I have a backup, but it's a few days old...sigh
Lucky we can backup now, but man I'll have to redo events, re level B-Spec drivers and rebuy cars...
Although all my replays and photos are still there in the game data section.

I did gift a Nascar to my other account just before this happened, so I won't have to rebuy that one for the online event and save me 500k credits, and keep the 1 million prize money

Now I might just backup again, redo these special events, buy some expensive cars with the money, gift them to my other account, restore my save and repeat as necessary
Every dark cloud has a silver lining
Quote from 91mason91 :Another retard to add to the list. Obviously your observation skills could do with an improvement.

You're a dick, it's quite easy to knock the pad and end up on a different icon by mistake. People have lives, not everybody is connected to their electronic hardware like the borg. So lay off the guy ffs.
Quote from BlueFlame :You're a dick, it's quite easy to knock the pad and end up on a different icon by mistake. People have lives, not everybody is connected to their electronic hardware like the borg. So lay off the guy ffs.

I will say this now to clarify a point. I have never done this in ANY game before in my life. In the pause menu there are 4 buttons. Continue and restart are at opposite ends of this menu. Continue and restart are completely different icons and to help the retards EVEN more the word of whatever option you have highlighted is under the icon. If you still manage to "accidentally" restart then sorry, you're retarded.
Quote from 91mason91 :I will say this now to clarify a point. I have never done this in ANY game before in my life. In the pause menu there are 4 buttons. Continue and restart are at opposite ends of this menu. Continue and restart are completely different icons and to help the retards EVEN more the word of whatever option you have highlighted is under the icon. If you still manage to "accidentally" restart then sorry, you're retarded.

It doesn't take much pressure on an analogue stick to mean that it moves over by 1 or more icons, and by this point you can already be pressing X, I'm pretty sure 100% of people have done this at least ones, pressed the wrong menu button, on the home screen, or even on a race pause-menu.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG