The online racing simulator
Quote from Miki D :

yes, that was in 2008,
then there were some issues that they first wanted to solve, before the release
greetings,
Great, 3rd Christmas in a row without anything new.
Quote from kiss me :yes, that was in 2008,
then there were some issues that they first wanted to solve, before the release
greetings,

maybe they're waiting until uke nukem forever gets released lol
I give up Why can't the devs just say a definite yes/no if the patch is getting released before New Year this year?

Then I could just stop having faith towards LFS, and forget about it. Now, we don't even know anything. Seems like Victor is still alive but Scawen? Obviously he isn't away, because he was posting in the CPW thread, so he could have told us the answer already...
Quote from PoVo :I give up Why can't the devs just say a definite yes/no if the patch is getting released before New Year this year?

Then I could just stop having faith towards LFS, and forget about it.

There is NO new patch coming in 2010, so forget about it.
Does it matter anymore? It would have been cool to have a new car in LFS at the same time it came to the real world but adding it now its just... awkward really to be honest its just a fwd hatch anyway lol
Quote from PoVo :I give up Why can't the devs just say a definite yes/no if the patch is getting released before New Year this year?

Then I could just stop having faith towards LFS, and forget about it. Now, we don't even know anything. Seems like Victor is still alive but Scawen? Obviously he isn't away, because he was posting in the CPW thread, so he could have told us the answer already...

Scawen is, but not sure about the other remaining dev

Since christmas is coming and Scawen will probably have lots of free time, I hope at least he uses 5 mins of those and writes a progress report.

Good thing GT5 is keeping me busy.
Quote from Graeme43 :Does it matter anymore? It would have been cool to have a new car in LFS at the same time it came to the real world but adding it now its just... awkward really to be honest its just a fwd hatch anyway lol

I think its more about the new physics now and not the Scirocco.
Quote from PoVo :Why can't the devs just say a definite yes/no if the patch is getting released before New Year this year?

The Question is: If the Devs say "this year" or "next year" or "early next year" , would you belive it?
I remember when the scirocco was delayed, I though that in 2 months we WILL have a patch.

Now I have doubts that we will have a patch in 2011
Quote :We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December.

Yeah tomorrow!!! (maybe in 10years...)

Edit: Oh sorry, next Friday 19th is 2014 and not in 10 years...
Damn... playied LFS for the first time in months today. Bloody hell it's still amazing in car behaviour. They just feel so natural with G25. Scawen, rly! You've made an amazing sim! Thanks for all the time I've spend with it! I believe in You that we will get this patch, but trust me, it will be much better if You would post a little more news on this forum. I know, You think it's pointless, but it's not for me and many other people! Just spam the forum once a week, like: "Tried something like this, didn't work, doing fine, had good lunch today" ^^. Seriously , it's that simple and it makes a huge difference for (i believe) 20-30% of the people. Take care mate!
Still waiting for the scirocco? That car is antique now
still trolling? dont u get bored?
So, Christmas eve is the next friday.
coincidence?
How long did it take to write the first program?
Question?
How long did it take to write the first game / sim?
Two years since this ...

"We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December."

[/Flamesuit On!]
I can finally say that im happy to have moved on...

GT5 on ps3 is so much more fun than LFS has given me in the last year or so.

I still say that GT5´s physics dont even come close to LFS´s. But all the stuff around... buying, selling, tuning, better gfx combined with "decent" physics made me forget LFS for the time being.

Cheers...
All the posts here of some stating that they have "moved on" and "don't care anymore" are compareable with all the jibberish recently dumped guys say about their ex-girlfriend.

All that "I don't care anymore" stuff just isn't really true, because if you really wouldn't care, you wouldn't even care about posting
So, this thread is now about people which have left LFS for something else or people which still believe that LFS S3 will be released "next friday, don't worry" .
The truth is LFS is pretty much dead since its devs never promoted an official tournament or something while we were and are waiting for the new patch.
From my point of view that's a good way to make people run from your business and be "angry" with you.
No matter how optimist are some people. There is no sign of progression in the patch nor any partecipation of the devs in the forum (in b4 anti cheat system updated bla bla bla) .
At a certain point i think that honesty is the best way to deal with an unsatisfied community since those updates should have been already out by a while.
But then tomorrow i am going to wake up and thing why am i continuing to consult this forum since even me can't believe that something will move in a short time and no one will hear my (and other's) worries.
Enjoy.
Quote from IlGuercio :So, this thread is now about people which have left LFS for something else or people which still believe that LFS S3 will be released "next friday, don't worry" .
The truth is LFS is pretty much dead since its devs never promoted an official tournament or something while we were and are waiting for the new patch.
From my point of view that's a good way to make people run from your business and be "angry" with you.
No matter how optimist are some people. There is no sign of progression in the patch nor any partecipation of the devs in the forum (in b4 anti cheat system updated bla bla bla) .
At a certain point i think that honesty is the best way to deal with an unsatisfied community since those updates should have been already out by a while.
But then tomorrow i am going to wake up and thing why am i continuing to consult this forum since even me can't believe that something will move in a short time and no one will hear my (and other's) worries.
Enjoy.

Alltho I don't agree on all parts of this post, it has some points.
For example, even if the work goes on as usuall - nothing to report, the developers could interact more with their fans. They could host a league, championship, events etc, to keep in touch with their fan base. The LX event hosted some time back proved to be a huge success, and that is what the developers need to do in times like this.

Sure, we can bitch and whine all we want, but it won't change anything. The developers have their way (who most of their fans disagree with) of developing the game, and I don't think we'll see a patch before 2011/2012, but that does not mean the game have to seem dead.

Come on Scavier, entertain us! Host a league, make a fun quiz competition or anything, interact with your fans more, that's at least what I want.

Again, there are allways those who will completely bash the game no matter what you do, don't listen to them because their not the mayority. But please don't punish everyone by letting the people be left out in the cold without dialogue / information / contact between the userbase and the developers.
Quote from The Very End :Alltho I don't agree on all parts of this post, it has some points.
For example, even if the work goes on as usuall - nothing to report, the developers could interact more with their fans. They could host a league, championship, events etc, to keep in touch with their fan base. The LX event hosted some time back proved to be a huge success, and that is what the developers need to do in times like this.

Sure, we can bitch and whine all we want, but it won't change anything. The developers have their way (who most of their fans disagree with) of developing the game, and I don't think we'll see a patch before 2011/2012, but that does not mean the game have to seem dead.

Come on Scavier, entertain us! Host a league, make a fun quiz competition or anything, interact with your fans more, that's at least what I want.

Again, there are allways those who will completely bash the game no matter what you do, don't listen to them because their not the mayority. But please don't punish everyone by letting the people be left out in the cold without dialogue / information / contact between the userbase and the developers.

Agreed. Most of those bashing haven't even tried all cars or track combo's (or just did all that over and over aliens they are). LFS still has plenty to do and entertain, just interact more with us.

In the end, the great games which last the test of time are those with a wonderful community and receiving (small but omnipresent) love of their devs.
Quote from GianniC :Agreed. Most of those bashing haven't even tried all cars or track combo's (or just did all that over and over aliens they are). LFS still has plenty to do and entertain, just interact more with us.

In the end, the great games which last the test of time are those with a wonderful community and receiving (small but omnipresent) love of their devs.

on both parts.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG