The online racing simulator
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Great now my ps3 decides to die on me.

With pink and blue asphalt and al that sort of stuff.

Sounds to me like the Thermal paste is failing on the GPU.
That's what causes the YLOD on the odler PS3s, bad thermal compound, not enough space, and too much heat,
Best to open it up and apply some better thermal paste while you can now.

GT5 is 1 game in a while that relaly taxes the PS3

Quote from Boris Lozac :I wouldn't know, i'm still not 'playing' it as a game.. getting gold in licences and special events is not something i would call easy. As for the AI races, i only did a few of them, gathered enough money from special events to buy the cars that will hold me for months, while waiting for some downloadable game saves from other people, or money from online races

Good luck using other people's saves in your PS3. They might remove the copy protection but it might be account locked

I'd like to transfer my GT5 save to my other account, the GTP_CoolColJ
since I'm I'm thinking of transfering all my game cars to that account,
but I may have to replay the game from scatch on that account.

Right now I just use to give me more paint chips by gifting cars to that account and back to my main one.
Or I can just gift all the cars across, and just redo all the other stuff, which isn't that hard, just takes time

----------------------------------------

Listen to the rev limiter and tell me if it sounds right to you? It changes pitches and slows down as you go up the gears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg3c-grhQvU
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Any tips for the last seb loeb challenge? I've got gold in the first two but the ice sucks, only aids are abs on 1.

Being gentle on the throttle?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Any tips for the last seb loeb challenge? I've got gold in the first two but the ice sucks, only aids are abs on 1.

Turn off abs, are you on a wheel?

@ CoolCol

It probably woudn't work but i'm kinda hoping I will try everything to avoid grinding it and playing those hideous career races.
I did the Sebastian Loeb ice thing on a pad, ABS on 1 all aids off (how I normally drive)

Try to limit steering and not slide. It's lik dirt driving but inputs are delayed by twice as much time and you skid for 4 times longer.
No i'm on the pad and using the buttons as accel
Quote from Boris Lozac :Turn off abs, are you on a wheel?

@ CoolCol

It probably woudn't work but i'm kinda hoping I will try everything to avoid grinding it and playing those hideous career races.

Just do the birthday glitch and gift yourself all those 20 million credit vintage racing cars and sell em, you should get at least 1 million back I think
Although I think PD may have patched it out now
Still haven't tried that, i have that other "set date and time" glitch, where the hell am i suppose to set that... i never got that birthday car on my main account neither.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :No i'm on the pad and using the buttons as accel

I changed the accelerator and brakes to R2 and L2 respectively.
You may need to activate skid recovery too since you'll skid a lot less
Quote from speed1230 :I changed the accelerator and brakes to R2 and L2 respectively.

Same. Using buttons to acclerate and brake is soooo last gen.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Just once a year? As i understood you can do this every day on the fake account.. so i change the birthday every day on that account or what?

You need to create another account I think, with a birthdate year set on when those cars were made, but set the day and month to current date.
Then boot up GT5 in that account, go into GT life and you'll get a birthday car gift from that year the car was made.
Add your original account as friend, gift the car across.

Delete the account and repeat as necessary

I think that's how it's done. They patched it, so you can only gift 1 car a day per account.
Cheapens the game though, I'm not going to do it, plus creating an account is a hassle
Does it have to be new PSN account every time, or the PS3 account? For example i have a second account for my brother on my PS3, along with PSN account, so i can just delete the PS3 account, and use the same PSN login details every time, or does it have to be completely new PSN account every time?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Does it have to be new PSN account every time, or the PS3 account? For example i have a second account for my brother on my PS3, along with PSN account, so i can just delete the PS3 account, and use the same PSN login details every time, or does it have to be completely new PSN account every time?

Once you delete it you can reuse the same details I think

but it's definitely not the most time effecient way to earn money

Race cars you get can't be sold, only traded, but if you want those expensive cars, it is a way to get them
Quote :Seriously, its not hard to level up.. then once you get to level 17 you can re-do the event "turbo challenge" in expert series... which gives you about 36,000 every 3 mins.

The birthday glitch takes about 10min each time, and on the best year, only gives you about 40,000
Any of the more expensive cars have other little cheap ones aswell... so your chances of getting 250,000 car to sell are about 1 in 15.

I tried it, takes too long, too annoying and takes all the fun out of playing the game...

Quote :1989,

2x chance of getting concepts which sell for 90k each.
3x chance of getting one of the 3 race cars for trading .

Quote from Furiously-Fast :Same. Using buttons to acclerate and brake is soooo last gen.

Personally prefer the sticks on a PS3 controller for throttle/brake. On the 360 the triggers are teh shit.
That was the first thing i did but i didn't like the feel, which is weird as the last console i had was a 360..
wasn't that patched out in 1.03???
Quote from CoolColJ :Once you delete it you can reuse the same details I think

but it's definitely not the most time effecient way to earn money

Race cars you get can't be sold, only traded, but if you want those expensive cars, it is a way to get them

Cheers, guess i'll do that race then to grind money when needed for new cars..
Quote from senn :wasn't that patched out in 1.03???

It works, but it can only be done once a day per account, so deleting a save doesn't work anymore. Need to delete the account to try again, it's hassle. It tried it just then with 1989 and all I got was a Eunos Roadster.... at least it was premium, so I'll gift it to my main account
Some pics of the illusive Formula GT.
Attached images
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg
Côte d'Azur.jpg
I think you have a hidden talent for photography...
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
What's everyone using for wheel settings? Doesn't feel too good on simulation, pas and 1 feedback.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I think you have a hidden talent for photography...

Sadly i don't spend 20+ minutes to piss about with F numbers, shutter speed, filters, aspec ratio etc so my pictures do have a tendency to look horrible.

Perhaps these are a little better?
Attached images
Tsukuba Circuit_4.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_3.jpg
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :What's everyone using for wheel settings? Doesn't feel too good on simulation, pas and 1 feedback.

Didn't you say you use gamepad?
Anyway i use DFGT, Simulation, Power Assisted OFF, FF 3.

@ mason

But how do you burn them so much? Just use the default settings, don't touch anything, use square for autofocus and you're done.. they will look miles better
Just hooked the wheel up to the ironing board in frustration :P Thanks.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG