The online racing simulator
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
-
Oh dear, time for

Alltho I completely agree with you!
Quote from danowat :Saw that on GTP too.

I know, and the thread got locked.. it's written like a 13 year old wrote it, and it accidentally contains every possible thing that everyone wants
I knew it was fake when he said that both car sounds and AI were taken from Gt4 "a little tweaked". One thing I read and hear from GT5 owners a lot is how good the car sounds got even from the standard cars. And 1000 premiums , .... how would you even fit those on a single Blue ray?

A question for PS3 owners, can you select a network storage space from it? I have a little server just for my music, wouldn't want to copy that to the PS3. (I plan on buying one in February, after my exams, when the prices drop :schwitz
Quote from bunder9999 :they're probably getting their first real use after purchase...

(opens can of worms)

i wanted to buy a ps3 when they first came out, but gt5 was the only game i was interested in... LBP was of no interest to me, and all the other "good" games are probably on XBL. what other PS3-only games are there?

My PS3 has been turned on for the better part of the now 3 years it's been turned on (I thought it was 2, but I realized I got it 2 christmas's ago from the Ex). It still goes strong.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I know, and the thread got locked.. it's written like a 13 year old wrote it, and it accidentally contains every possible thing that everyone wants

DAMMNIT I SO THOUGHT THAT WAS REAL..... dammnnn
Quote from Boris Lozac :I know, and the thread got locked.. it's written like a 13 year old wrote it, and it accidentally contains every possible thing that everyone wants

To be fair, the GT5 box art seems like it was written by a 13 year old too.
Enjoy the drive of your life as the world famous driving simulator returns to redefine the racing genre. Tackle new experiences, take your place in the racing community, challenge others and settle old scores out on the track. Whoever you are, there's always something at stake in GT.

What's wrong with that? And I hate how much my Megane understeers even with a properly set up diff. God dammit!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Enjoy the drive of your life as the world famous driving simulator returns to redefine the racing genre. Tackle new experiences, take your place in the racing community, challenge others and settle old scores out on the track. Whoever you are, there's always something at stake in GT.

What's wrong with that? And I hate how much my Megane understeers even with a properly set up diff. God dammit!

Thats the question i asked myself when I picked up my GT5 box just now lol
Is it me but it sounds like something that a counterfeit GT5 game would have on the cover?
"Vehicle damage and advanced effects. Cars smoke and spark."
"Spectacular stereoscopic 3D visuals, driver face tracking, course maker and karting."

It's a fairly infantile list of features and I thínk it's quite different from previous Gran Turismo games. I thought it was an indication that the box art was fake when I first saw it on a leaked copy, there may be earlier posts in this thread, although of course I was exaggerating here.
Quote from speed1230 :Is it me but it sounds like something that a counterfeit GT5 game would have on the cover?

A counterfeit GT5 probably wouldn't have any synopsis on it..
Quote from ACCAkut :I knew it was fake when he said that both car sounds and AI were taken from Gt4 "a little tweaked". One thing I read and hear from GT5 owners a lot is how good the car sounds got even from the standard cars. And 1000 premiums , .... how would you even fit those on a single Blue ray?

A question for PS3 owners, can you select a network storage space from it? I have a little server just for my music, wouldn't want to copy that to the PS3. (I plan on buying one in February, after my exams, when the prices drop :schwitz

You can stream music to the PS3, if that's what your asking?

Windows media player can do it from Windows to the PS3. You just browse you music library via remote and stream it
Behold.........my CHROMED ZONDA R!!!!

-
just done the sls driving school.

had mostly gold ( all but the last race ) and it said i had mostly silver

nascar is impossible with a controller. seriously.
-
Stick your PS3 on your PC monitor and use your wheel that way

The speed sensitive steering lock limits with the controller (which is why it feels understeery) plus input smoothing is the problem.
Back in the Time Trial with the 1:1 controller settings, which made it feel twitchy, allowed you to drive well on the ovals, not so anymore
Man the Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo should have been a premium car. Its model seems to be of the same standard and it sounds amazing.
Where do you get the chrome paint item..?
-
Quote from brandons48 :Karting special events, you have to gold all of them I think.

Not sure about that, I got it from either finishing the dream car race or collecting a number of cars.
-
I have 1 matt black paint item, but if I use it, it's gone for good
-
I think this paint item system Is silly since I have some cars which I got awarded. But I cannot paint them in the colours I want
Quote from brandons48 :Maybe the colours you get awarded are random then, level 25 and haven't had a single matte black paint item!

I think the colour is random, googled it and it seems to be the case.

the system IS stupid, if it's just some special paint locked as reward I understand, but basic colours should really be free for all.
Anyone got any tips for the 1st and 3rd Nascar advanced special events?, tried, and tried, but can only muster 2nd for silver, just can't get gold.

The first one is a pain as you have to go through the pit animation every bloody time, but I think the trick to it as getting out the pit lane ASAP and getting a push off the oncoming traffic.
Quote from danowat :Anyone got any tips for the 1st and 3rd Nascar advanced special events?, tried, and tried, but can only muster 2nd for silver, just can't get gold.

The first one is a pain as you have to go through the pit animation every bloody time, but I think the trick to it as getting out the pit lane ASAP and getting a push off the oncoming traffic.

the pitlane one, you have to come out in front of the red car, put your car right in front of it and let it bump you from behind, then you can draft the car in front, after that you can do pretty much what you want, I won that with two "corners" to go.

the final one is easy, follow the Lowe's car at the start, if you can draft it in the first corner you are pretty much set, go down the inside line in every corner and try to steal some places, when you lose momentum, fall back into the draft and repeat, overtake the last car only out of the last corner and remember to take the high side, it's quicker to the line that way.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG