The online racing simulator
It's easy. It took me a few tries, but if you just think.. it's not bad.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I did it. You haffto be 4th by the end of Lap 1 or it's hard.

With assists or without? I turned everything off except ABS at 1..
ABS and TCS at 1.
i do think bout it...

jus before the x on the last white stripe

downshift when needle is between 4th n 5th

my best is 26.717
I was 2nd by the end of lap 1 on the Top Gear Elise challenge. You'll be quicker with TC turned off but with ABS still set on 1.
Quote from logitekg25 :so do you have to press triangle to enable the g25 clutch?

or is it on when you set the clutch to the pedal, or what? :scared:

It was triangle in Prologue but I think in GT5 it's enabled by pressing the clutch...or at least it seemed to when using my G25. However the clutch doesn't have analogue functionality which I find kinda pointless, you don't push the pedal in just a tiny bit all the way and it won't allow you to shift. Really annoying tbh.

I hope in time to come GT5 will fully support the G25/27 and have better force feedback.
Chrisuu01 - uploading a video of your track now a GT-R, pretty challanging to drive fast on, and it needs to be wider IMO
Noticed a bit of damage on my GT-R, from my off track excursions, even after the first hit, in Arcade mode time trial
anygone got a truck i can borrow ? its hard to find one.
i will trade a VW Lupo 1.4 '02 for ANY truck especially a doge ram.
Quote from chavm481 :anygone got a truck i can borrow ? its hard to find one.
i will trade a VW Lupo 1.4 '02 for ANY truck especially a doge ram.

I saw a big V8 powered truck a few days back, I knew I should have bought it, oh well

Now my game won't get past the screen where it says to press OK... even with net connection off, just freezes
Quote from CoolColJ :I saw a big V8 powered truck a few days back, I knew I should have bought it, oh well

Now my game won't get past the screen where it says to press OK... even with net connection off, just freezes

have playing witht he OK screen.
Apparently the game install might be corruppted, time to install again, and download all updates, plus DLC...

Hope it's not my save file, as I have 2 accounts here, with their own save file and neither work
it might be the gt software install thing.
Quote from tristancliffe :Um, not sure if it's a bug, a corrupt save, or just the difficulty suddenly ramping up?

I'm on level 15, and need ~20k points to reach level 16. But I'm sure my points went to 0, and it's taking an age to get to 16. All the previous levels took a few licence tests to reach, but this one is taking several whole licence sections.

I can't remember, but when you level up, do the points reset to zero, or do they stay at the level you reached???

Na it just takes a while. I got to lvl 15 on day 1 but took another 2 days to get to 20, Tho i wasnt hardcoring it the progress slows right down at around lvl 17.. After lvl 15 u need to do loads of racing and special events to get the points up.

Also the points do reset at every level, So far i need just under 69581 to get to lvl 21 and im running out of races to get xp from...
Aspec 22 and Bspec 11 now. Been owning in my toyota minolta.
Attached images
Cape Ring.jpg
Here is the video of Chrisss01's Gauggenhoff test track in a Nissan GT-R
Pretty challanging track! Damage replay to start.
Skip to 2:24 to jump right into the action for the actual track run

Could be wider IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2Z6RhP92I

I don't like the time of day though
It works, you just need to do it 4 times,and refresh the page

Anyway I just took the Zonda R on Deep Forest and did a time trial with my Chromeline LP640 with hard sports tyres on Indy road course, and I take back what I said before. This feels exactly like the Time Trial with these cars!

Talk about treading on egg shells feeling

The Lambo will lose it's rear end on the banked turn with full thottle
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes, but the 'mistakes' the ai makes are just ramming into walls when it can be avoided, not outbraking or contact with other cars. It has nothing to do with management, besides all the drivers go hot at the start anyway and wreck themselves. The whole field does it. In the RWD cars they get stupidly sideways for no reason, in the FWD cars they just powerundersteer into hairpins full throttle and hit everything on the way there and back. That's not a 'mistake'. You couldn't not intend to do that, that's my point. Well, the only way you could do that without intending to is if your throttle jammed.

what lvl ar you on? Any AI above lvl 5 unless pushed REALLY hard won't act that stupid. My AI is on lvl 16, and can pretty much drive flat out for 15 minutes without any mistakes.
What a joke you can't send replay or even a ghost file? Does PD think typical GT users have no friends?
There's a really easy way to gold IC 1000 aston stop....and it has something to do with the steering.
Weave it wildly left and right!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Weave it wildly left and right!

shhhhhhhhh.....

I actually golded mine with a 180 spin and rear just touching the strip lol.
I golded mine cleanly. braked at the last X and brought it to a perfect stop.
I did gold in that test aswell, no tricks required. Just look for visual reference points on the track and it's not such a big problem.
Quote from tristancliffe :Um, not sure if it's a bug, a corrupt save, or just the difficulty suddenly ramping up?

I'm on level 15, and need ~20k points to reach level 16. But I'm sure my points went to 0, and it's taking an age to get to 16. All the previous levels took a few licence tests to reach, but this one is taking several whole licence sections.

I can't remember, but when you level up, do the points reset to zero, or do they stay at the level you reached???

I noticed this too, it appears that the XP isn't cumulative, like "normal", it does indeed reset to zero after ever level.

Also, someone mentioned earlier a way to upload pics to this forum from the XMB using the PS3 browser, can someone explain how this is done?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG