The online racing simulator
Possible the most useless driving I have ever seen in a car / racing game. Get back to the kitched ffs stupid woman.

Other than I agree on above, the nightdriving looks insane!
That chick in the suit was real cute!

Night racing in the rain is gonna be a bitch!
The video is blocked by Sony Music Entertainment copyrights
try it again, I posted the wrong video at first, edited it now
The first video did not include a roll over, were just ordinary driving. Though it were wrong link so tried pushing it a minute later. It's the latest video that gives me the Sony Music Entertainment copyrights crap.

It's a shame
So, driving at 80km/h and turning the steering wheel results in an instant roll-over?
I know those old Fiats are pretty rolly, but that indeed looked so wrong.

Good thing driving isn't the reason why I'm looking forward to GT5.
Quote from jibber :So, driving at 80km/h and turning the steering wheel results in an instant roll-over?

For that type and brand of car yes - tall, narrow wheel base etc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixt-sNEH5mw

Quote :it's not possible to roll a Fiat in the wet..... it's just not possible.... the tyres don't grip enough.... the worst thing that'll happen is that you will just spin out.... don't worry, it's perfectly safe.... you cannot roll a car like this..... it won't happen..... you CANNOT roll a car in the wet.... don't worry it'll be fine.... whoops....

Quote from CoolColJ :For that type and brand of car yes - tall, narrow wheel base etc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixt-sNEH5mw

"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Quote from Matrixi :I know those old Fiats are pretty rolly, but that indeed looked so wrong.

+1

I'm excited about this game like everyone else. One thing i don't understand tho, why do people keep believing in the big hype? We've seen it before with other games. This won't be the "real driving simulator" in my opinion, why does everybody keep acting like it will be?

It's pretty clear to me they spent most of their time on the premium car models, tracks, karting, etc. Not physics.

Mark my words, physics will be cool up to a certain point, and rubbish beyond. I'm prepared for this, the rest of you will all be in tears when the game is finally coming out.
Remember we used to do stunts like driving on 2 wheels in LFS i wonder if we'll be able to do the same thing in this .
Quote from jibber :"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Oh well

It shows a 1994 spec Fiat, so more modern than the old one in the GT5 vid, driving on the Top Gear track in the wet with multi-cam views, just a light sprinkle, but wet track. Off a standing start, turns into first left, at what appears to be quite modest speed, maybe not even 80kph and flips right over.
The driver was even leaning heavily into the turn.
The roll-over video looks ridiculous, but not only that video unfortunately, I'm yet to see one believable video IMO. Nice cars but very bad physics in this game :| its a shame
Quote from tiagolapa :The roll-over video looks ridiculous, but not only that video unfortunately, I'm yet to see one believable video IMO. Nice cars but very bad physics in this game :| its a shame

So you don't even believe the Top Gear video? That's about as real as you can get
That's in the wet as well, where it shouldn't be grippy enough to flip on a flat surface the Top Gear track has, but the car did.

The GT5 car may well be using race tyres/slicks which would make it even more able to flip the car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... we3xE&feature=related

This one doesn't flip. Hard to tell, but the surface looks like tarmac to me.

I know these little things can roll over. Actually, my dad has seen it first hand on a twisty mountain road in italy (woman driving in front of him, too fast apparently, rolled it in a corner).

That video of GT5 looked terribly wrong tho. If they'd roll that easy, fiat would have had serious customer complaints / lawsuits in my opinion.
Perhaps the girl wasn't exactly smooth with her steering inputs.
We've seen the same car go around that small track in Senna at Gamescom, in circles and it didn't flip

There were a few cars back in GT1/2 that could end up on 2 wheels quite easily when tuned up, but the game didn't allow them to flip over. Some of those small Kei cars from memory.
I don't know, that rollover looked quite natural to me, she did turn in pretty hard.. we'll see.. the girl was in a hurry to get back to the kitchen!
That roll-over video again highlights an apparent "gravity" issue, as the karting video did.

All seems well untill the car leaves the ground, then it all seems to enter a "floaty floaty, low gravity" mode.
Somehow the roll of the Fiat 500 reminded me when Jezza rolled the Reliant Robin.
Anyway, can't wait for the release. Hope the wait was worth it
Edit: I've also noticed that the trees just pop in in reflection at 1:19 in the second video
They've still got those skid sounds too
Skid sounds are different from the ones in Prologue, and the Time Trial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-fffZ53kn8

Qore mag episode 29
Here's the GT5 part. Starts at 2:55.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm89pric1KY

---

Well the Sony 3D Experience tour hits my local Westfields today. So I might go in this morning to check it out. This will probably be my only chance to sample GT5 in 3D
http://www.sony.com.au/microsite/3dwestfield/3Droad.htm

I also saw a Sony 3D Experience ad on TV yesterday, showed a little bit of GT5 footage in it
My god does that M5 sound awfull..
Quote from Boris Lozac :My god does that M5 sound awfull..

I'm gonna wait till I get the game into my PS3 before I judge the sound. Kaz says the final version of the audio will only be heard in the retail game. There are a lot of place holder sounds in the demos.

Plus this clip has audio taken from the TV headphone out into the camera mic input
Just got back from Westfields, Chatswoood.

It took forever to find, but it's on level 4 next to the info desk. I was expecting a massive display, but it's only a small TV booth unit with a 46 inch TV + Blu Ray player, and a PS3 hooked up to another TV with DS3 running GT5 in 3D

Anyway - as far as 3D goes, good for some TV/Film, crappy for games. So not worth getting a 3D TV for it IMO.
Some of the Blue Ray footage look great, but it feels like a those pop up books, you can see and feel the depth between objects, but the objects still look flat, like cardboard cutouts. Kinda like parallax scrolling.
The Blu Ray footage of Motor Storm had a good feel of depth, but was pretty flickery.

GT5 in 3D looks quite blurry, and the 3D effect is non-existent to me compared to Motor storm and the other Blu Ray footage....
But it definitely runs at 60fps

Now onto GT5 game play/physics -

I can't get a good feel with the DS3, feels empty, it doesn't even vibrate, will have to wait till I try it with a DFGT wheel, but it's way different to Prologue, and different again to the Time Trial with a pad.

It feels more connected to the road than in Prologue, where you felt more like on skates. While it doesn't feel as twitchy as the Time Trial.
In the Time Trial, you had to use super smooth steering and throttle on the pad, but here it feels more smoothed out and easier to handle. I don't think it does 1:1 steering to wheel movement anymore like it was in the Time Trial. There is probbaly some speed sensitive steering limiting now.
The tyre model is different too, it's much more progressive, but can still snap if your not careful or over correct

I had 3 goes, all in Pro mode, Pro Physics, no traction control, everything off etc. TV was pretty loud so I could hear the sounds clearly.

1) Motul Autech GT-R on the Tokyo track, R1 tyres. Had a pretty big over steer moment on turn 1, but after that I managed to get around the track ok. It felt pretty planted with all the down force and grip. AI blew me away off course

2) Time Trial - Nascar on the Madrid track with R1. This thing is hard to control, It doesn't like to turn, and the smallest wiff of the throttle smokes up the rear tyres! Pretty loud transmission whine, so this is probably the E3 build
The low revs off idle on this is really loud and rumbley. It takes ages for the car to get moving (or stop) if you lose control and have to start up again from a dead stop

3) AMG SLS on Rome - with Traction control on 1, on S3 tyres. It's quite progressive on these tyres. You can drift it quite predictably with practise.

Graphics wise, in 3D it looks like Prologue I guess. When I switched to outside view and slide sideways the smoke looked excellent, really dense.
Pro physics is no fun on a pad, relatively speaking but easier to handle than in the Time Trial with a pad. I don't think you'd be competitive with a pad in pro physics against a wheel user anymore.
Quote from coolcolj :i'm gonna wait till i get the game into my ps3 before i judge the sound. Kaz says the final version of the audio will only be heard in the retail game. There are a lot of place holder sounds in the demos.

Plus this clip has audio taken from the tv headphone out into the camera mic input

m MOTHER****ING SKIDMARKS!

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG