The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Quote :, that's why they did the crappy F1 2009 game for the Wii and spent a big longer working on this one.

I thought F1 2009 was made by Sumo Digital?

As for the fake AI times thing, would it have been so hard to port the AI from GRID...?

Codies are going down in my estimations... First they ruin Flashpoint by adding silly time limits to every level so you couldn't approach things your own way, now this...
Quote from sil3ntwar :From http://twitter.com/T4RG4 in response to this question

To further this, he just replied saying that AI times ARE NOT fake in racing. . . what a load of shit

Post taken from codies f1 forum:

Quote :
Steve Hood:
Are you sure that times are not faked in race???????

Look at this video:
YouTube - F1 2010 Gameplay - Fake Timings, False AI
(MIN. 1:53)
LAP 1
AI times faster 6 sg than player, it's impossible in the LAP 1, because I couldn't be in the first place....
Player LAP: 1.41.485 (1st place) (Grid position 5)
BUTTON Lap: 1.35.375 (3er place) (Grid position 3)
It's IMPOSSIBLE => AI times = FAKE

#404 - CSF
Despite the issues some people seem to be having, I played this at a mates the other day with the X360 wheel, and I have to say, never had such a fun time on a game

And despite the timing bugs and the lurching from the cars sometimes I think I am going to buy it soon , a good game imo, just needs tweaking with the timing.
Quote from Xaid0n :Despite the issues some people seem to be having, I played this at a mates the other day with the X360 wheel, and I have to say, never had such a fun time on a game

And despite the timing bugs and the lurching from the cars sometimes I think I am going to buy it soon , a good game imo, just needs tweaking with the timing.

I agree with you on that just the sheer fun of side swiping AI and not getting a penalty.
Haha yeah I did that a couple of times, swiped their front and spun em out, had full rules and regs on and still didn't get penalised... brilliant
Bloody corrupted save games...

On the plus side, AA/AF works now, so it looks a LOT nicer. Ultra LOD and full 8xAA with Vsync runs nice and smooth.

On the 'story mode' the level of difficulty is a bit higher - I can only qualify the Lotus in the region of 9th and finish in 7th, which is a bit different to the single race mode where I can use the same car and stick it on pole by several seconds.

But I still think it's too easy to be quick, even with the random half spins (nearly all of which can be cured just by jumping on the brakes).

Need more play time obviously.

Oh, and I found slicks on a wet track (forced light rain) was impossible. I've heard some people complain that the slicks had the same grip as wets in the wet, but that wasn't the case last night.

Need to get the FOV mods and fixed head mods, but the site was down for me last night. That'll help a lot methinks.
I went with carreer right away, and is usually 2-2.5 sec faster than my teammate, so the AI issue isn't that big a deal so far. just can't nail the slow speed handling yet.
#412 - Uke
I won my first two races in virgin with keyboard on hard mode, how is it so, that expert mode with keyboard is the 'realistic' option? I mean.. I'm atleast 4seconds faster per lap with wheel O.o
Never had a corrupted save game before?

How come so many people having problems?
Because the game is full of bugs, thats how come.
Quote from danowat :Because the game is full of bugs, thats how come.

Truth, but I don't have problems with the savegame.

Maybe people should try it legally.

And if they do, and it still happens, check their pc for virusses.
You are lucky then, as it can happen on all platforms.

It appears to be when you exit to paddock during / after a practice season.
I heard it was to do with the R&D stuff?
Possibly only if you've just completed an R+D test in said practice session.

The workaround is to join qualifying THEN exit. But I think I did that when the save corrupted?

And legal/illegal has nothing to do with it - if you'd following the community discussions (not THIS community) then you'd know about the bug list that is well into the 100s.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's not, DR2 is one of the best games of the year. If you remember to save the game and can ignore slightly long loading times then Dead Rising 2 is a blast, it's hilarious too.

+1

Easily one of the best games this year.
Quote from tristancliffe :Possibly only if you've just completed an R+D test in said practice session.

Could be truth yes, but I never do those, only do the real driving.
Quote :
The workaround is to join qualifying THEN exit. But I think I did that when the save corrupted?

I always start with Qually, then go to race, managed to win first 2 races and finish 2nd in the 3rd.

Quote :And legal/illegal has nothing to do with it - if you'd following the community discussions (not THIS community) then you'd know about the bug list that is well into the 100s.

I'm not on the Codie forums, don't like the discussions on there.
Quote from tristancliffe :
Oh, and I found slicks on a wet track (forced light rain) was impossible. I've heard some people complain that the slicks had the same grip as wets in the wet, but that wasn't the case last night.

The Slicks keep the same (dry) Grip level if it starts to Rain during a Session. If the Session starts with Rain then the Grip levels are correct.
Quote from Highsider9 :The Slicks keep the same (dry) Grip level if it starts to Rain during a Session. If the Session starts with Rain then the Grip levels are correct.

Truth...

See, LFS ain't that bad after all now is it?

3 Privateers, and its 10x better then games with over 300 people working together.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from Highsider9 :The Slicks keep the same (dry) Grip level if it starts to Rain during a Session. If the Session starts with Rain then the Grip levels are correct.

So how come that doesn't happen on my game, no sooner I start getting spray from the tyres
I'm all over the place, makes me think there is more than one version of this game doing the rounds.
The only bug I've had is the sound bug. No problems with pitting corrupted save files, punchers
except when I keep going off-line when I don't know the track.
Honestly, even with all the crap going on, I find F1 2010 much more entertaining than LFS. (At the moment)

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG