The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Quote from Codemasters Dev Chat :
but in terms of the gameplay, you have a wide range of options from hot laps to 3 lap races, to full length Grand Prix career with full practice and qualifying sessions too.

That looks like a full length career (i.e all 19 races) and not full length races themselves, does anybody have any further info on what max laps you can run? Would be pretty shitty if you can't run 100% distance. Will buy regardless though, looks amazing haha
Pretty sure he means full race distance.
Quote from DejaVu :That looks like a full length career (i.e all 19 races) and not full length races themselves, does anybody have any further info on what max laps you can run? Would be pretty shitty if you can't run 100% distance. Will buy regardless though, looks amazing haha

You can run a full race distance. There was a blog post about the devs doing a full-race distance and failing epically.
Ah nice one, 12 car multi is bad though, why can't they just let us superior pc'ers have full grids
I reckon this will be a pretty sweet game I might grab a copy when I go to America in October for my ps3
Quote from DejaVu :Ah nice one, 12 car multi is bad though, why can't they just let us superior pc'ers have full grids

That's not codemaster's fault, the licence will not allow codemasters to have a full grid in multiplayer.
only One car per team in a multiplayer race.
One Ferrari
one McLaren
one red Bull
and so on.
why the hell do they do that?
Quote from speedykev :That's not codemaster's fault, the licence will not allow codemasters to have a full grid in multiplayer.
only One car per team in a multiplayer race.
One Ferrari
one McLaren
one red Bull
and so on.

loool where did you get this bullshit from? You made me really laugh.

Of course it is 100% only codemasters fault, this has nothing to do with any licence... It´s just that the codemasters suckers are not willing to give us pc users dedicated servers so we can´t have with the crappy listen servers a full grid.

It is really annoying I already hated it when I played DTM Race Driver 3 that there was no dedicated server, and that was years ago..
You may be right. Only posting what I read on twitter.
Dedicated servers is definitely what this game needs, God knows why they don't do it. But that's their answer licence restrictions. bullshit or not we have to make do with what they give us.
License restrictions is BS

GP4/F1 Ch had 22 car grids in MP.
I'm just glad we've actually getting a Formula One game coming out soon that looks amazing.
And with Anthony Davidson who tests the cars and tracks maybe we'll get good physics as well as a good-looking game.
Roll on the 24th

this video shows some crash damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPR7nH9U3qQ
Oh gods

The comments make me /facepalm, and damage doesn't look too good, hoping they improve it.

EDIT
Quote from Youtube :
From here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ZD4iQ&feature=related
@RobinChungVideos thanks for ur reply. according to the developers on the codemasters forums, they said the damage that was at gamescom is what we should expect in the game. I hope not

So arcady damage then
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm actually planning to do a youtube series on this game, nothing hyper serious but I would like to see something other than Modern Warfare commentaries and Halo montages dominating the gaming sections. The plan is to start the game with no assists and full difficulty and record a full length season. One episode for each race, 5-7 minutes of talking at the start, probably showing my fails in practice, then a few minutes of highlights. I know there are lots of Codemaster haters and racing sim snobs that think everything has to be hyper realistic, but I personally like the mix between simulation and arcade that Codemasters come up with, the balance is just about right, and this game will hopefully be the best F1 game ever made.

Id sub to that. I was looking through Machinima subs and a whole page was just MW2 commentaries :S

I did a promo for a ski jumping one but machinima is stupid =P So its fell on deaf ears http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA6kNlkMRz8
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Oh gods

The comments make me /facepalm, and damage doesn't look too good, hoping they improve it.

EDIT

So arcady damage then

the computers that were running at Gamescom wasn't up to scratch,
the game was on medium settings.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Oh gods

EDIT

So arcady damage then

Might be arcadey damage but looks 10x better than gt5's. Hopefully i won't be seeing much damage apart from nubs online and the ai hitting each other Graphics look gorgeous, and gameplay/physics looks satisfying enough for my tastes. Roll on release day, will it be on steam?
Quote from DejaVu :Might be arcadey damage but looks 10x better than gt5's. Hopefully i won't be seeing much damage apart from nubs online and the ai hitting each other Graphics look gorgeous, and gameplay/physics looks satisfying enough for my tastes. Roll on release day, will it be on steam?

yes it will be on steam.
if an actual F1 driver rates it well it should be pretty good.

(and we get to drive the korean GP circuit before they do :razz
I doubt he is even allowed to say like, No, it sucks big time, it's just another codemasters arcade trash game, I think the people at the stand wouldn't be happy with him :P
#120 - Dmt
So he is playing online racing games, wonder whats his lfsw..
Quote from Dmt :So he is playing online racing games, wonder whats his lfsw..

iracing?
Quote from Bose321 :I doubt he is even allowed to say like, No, it sucks big time, it's just another codemasters arcade trash game, I think the people at the stand wouldn't be happy with him :P

Why the hell would a man in his position need to lie about a game?.
It's not going to be arcade it's going to be both. Arcade and simulation, if you follow the game you would know that.
In every single post that I've read where people have actually played the game theres not one that as said a bad thing about the car physics, and don't forget the game they're playing at these game shows is not the finished version.

Quote from bunder9999 :iracing?

Anthony Davidson is a big iracing fan. It's in one of them f1 2010 videos by Inside Sim Racing.
Just pre-ordered the PC version for £19
what? that cheap?

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG