The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Quote from Stefani24 :Seems nice enough to me. Although Luck was not with me today.

Anyways, is the new Section in Bahrain really that bumpy? Seemed a BIT unrealistic there.

Probably bumpier in real life.

First race made it to Q3 in HRT. Didn't do a proper lap so I've got nice fresh primes for the first stint tomorrow. It's not so bad. Driving model is way too forgiving, but I find I'm lost in moment every now and then.
I tell you what, the only thing they got wrong is the low fuel performance of the cars. I qualifed 9th in my HRT, then ended up 17th on lap 1, and 21st near the end of the race. At which point I got a totally bullshit penalty for apparently not giving way to a blue flag. I would have basically need to pull over and stop for a second to let the ferrari past, and when I did I overtook it again because it was too slow. So then frustrated with a drive though penalty I pushed hard to make up the 21 seconds to my team mate, and promtly ditched the car into the wall, twice.
My tyres get raped and im not really pushing them to the limit I get into a rythmn for 2 or 3 laps, get up to about 11th in my lotus then as usual get raped on the pit stops! I pit in, then they all pit and i have to wait for all cars to pass and i come back out in 22nd, it's bs

Apart from that i freaking love it!

Penalties need adjusting, getting penalised when they try stupid passes and hit me, rageworthy
I got my game yesterday played for about seven hours and I can honestly say I've never
enjoyed a racing game so much. Fighting with the AI was a pleasure, graphics are brilliant.
The only bug I had was the sound lag putting it on software helped a bit.
There is only one part of the game I didn't enjoy and that was the pits, if only they'd let us
drive the car in the pits ourselves. Are well can't have everything I suppose.
Does anyone have recommended wheel settings?.
For a DFGT?
Either it's me braking too hard and needing to turn abs on, or the tyre model is just "broken". Tried my second race today, Left Front Puncture. Yesterday, Left Front Puncture. Always on the prime tyres, after the pitstop. And I did only one lap until it punctured. On the Straight.
Did my Malaysian race last night. Wet throughout the weekend, and an absolute downpour during the race.

Got into 11th and was stable until I binned it coming out of the long double right hander. Had to pit for a new front wing and then went crazy. Managed to catch up both Virgin's and both HRT's with 2 laps to go but was over a bit too agressive and lost it again. So fun though.
Anyone got a decent team in career mode yet?
Is it actually possible to catch a spin?

I'm beginning to wonder...
Yes, but you have to pretty much know its going to happen before it does. Caught maybe 2 of 30 by now.
Quote from DevilDare :Did my Malaysian race last night. Wet throughout the weekend, and an absolute downpour during the race.

Got into 11th and was stable until I binned it coming out of the long double right hander. Had to pit for a new front wing and then went crazy. Managed to catch up both Virgin's and both HRT's with 2 laps to go but was over a bit too agressive and lost it again. So fun though.

I guess you haven't noticed that lack of front wing has practically no impact on car handling O___O
It was completely off. The whole front was gone. And yes, it does make a difference. Turning into a corner at normal speed was impossible.

Damaging the wing has no impact yes, but completely taking it off does.
How the **** do you change to soft tyres during a race?
Bring up the menu where you can adjust the wings etc, and just select the soft tyre after requesting a pit stop.

You can also change it before the race in the race strategy menu found under "Tyres".
Quote from Stefani24 :Either it's me braking too hard and needing to turn abs on, or the tyre model is just "broken". Tried my second race today, Left Front Puncture. Yesterday, Left Front Puncture. Always on the prime tyres, after the pitstop. And I did only one lap until it punctured. On the Straight.

Yea i just ragequit from shanghai when i got a random puncture on a straight. I also got a random puncture on the straight at malaysia the race before, where schumacher also decided to RAM me on a damn corner and give ME the penalty, AAGH!
Currently really annoyed at the truly terrible AI, the fake qualifying times and the ridiculous penalty system. Also, LOL at being able to be 6 seconds a lap faster in a lotus than everyone else inthe wet at malaysia in quali.
So... Final blow.

I noticed this couple times myself, but never thought it could be that...

I mean thats just wrong. Surely the devs cannot be happy about it themselves...

Sad, if this is indeed true.
If that's true, that's one big LOL
Quote from DevilDare :So... Final blow.

I have noticed this, in a race in Montreal i qualified on pole a couple of seconds faster than everybody else, but once i had pitted in the race Webber at the front was doing crazy laps, like 4 seconds quicker than his qualifying laps, so there is something off.
Quote from J@mes :where schumacher also decided to RAM me on a damn corner and give ME the penalty

Wow, this game is really realistic.
Quote from DevilDare :So... Final blow.

Sadly it is.
taken from inside sim racing video thingy

just started 2nd lap of monaco, he's in first place, as he was for the whole of the first lap:
Attached images
f1 lol.jpg
#372 - CSF
Who the hell did they get to test this game? Bloody Anthony Davidson on his tod?!
That is just terrible from CodeMasters.

I noticed the timing screen was telling me shenanigans in my Malaysian race. But I just assumed its because of the rain and AI making mistakes... How wrong was I....

Bad damage is one thing. Dumbing down physics is another. Crap loads of bugs is third and so on. But faking AI, in a racing game.... Well.....

Disappointed. Very, very disappointed.

I cant imagine them being happy about it. They have to come clean on monday's meetup and just admit they cocked up.

Can you recall a video game? Well, CM should.
This kinda reminds me - I was playing TRD2 the other day and one dude took Turn 2 @ A1 Ring at about 100mph in an XJ220 without issues and instantly had a massive lead :P

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG