The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Really looking forward to this.
Quote from danowat :I saw a video that clearly showed F1 2010 having "flashback", which makes sense considering the engine thats being used

I am not holding out for anything more than an arcadey game, having re-visited GRID recently, maybe I'll be pleasently suprised, but I doubt it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4eYfewtkuk look atleast the 26th minute
I was watching a vid on youtube that just recently came out. And im not holding my breath for a great game but maybe a decent one. I do want to set those Virgin Racing cars on the front row
That would be pimpin cause we all know the team would be less Virgin after the race AM I RITE!!!!!!!!!!!!
not long till hispania racing win the championship
Quote from Töki (HUN) :So is the skid sound, lol.

It was all going really well until I heard that, sounds terrible! Still it does look very good overall though.

I have never been able to get into F1 sims - I absolutely love watching F1 but driving them in a sim always feels to 'digital' and almost boring compared to driving touring car / sports car sims. I almost don't mind if they don't get the physics 100% as long as it looks good (which it does) and they capture the 'feel' of F1.
F1 2010 the Game
#85 - AMB
Best game/sim ever? by Codemasters?

And there's a thread already.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Best game/sim ever? by Codemasters?

And there's a thread already.

Oh ok I'm sorry didn't see it at thread suggestions, have any link?
#88 - AMB
Codemasters have made some good games if I'm honest.
#90 - AMB
Quote from Boris Lozac :Games yes, but sims?

Well I will not know until I play this game, but it's a contender fo sure as F1 drivers would say.
On the wet spa lap, coming out of eau rouge, he got some wheelspin I think hearing the engine rev alot suddenly, and yet he didn't countersteer or anything whatsoever, the wheel hardly moves in most corners... , and yeah, the skid sound is horrible. Also, there is no such thing as spray coming from other cars, would've been cool.
The future of video gaming is brown it seems.

I would post that VG cats strip, but everyone's seen it.
I'm actually planning to do a youtube series on this game, nothing hyper serious but I would like to see something other than Modern Warfare commentaries and Halo montages dominating the gaming sections. The plan is to start the game with no assists and full difficulty and record a full length season. One episode for each race, 5-7 minutes of talking at the start, probably showing my fails in practice, then a few minutes of highlights. I know there are lots of Codemaster haters and racing sim snobs that think everything has to be hyper realistic, but I personally like the mix between simulation and arcade that Codemasters come up with, the balance is just about right, and this game will hopefully be the best F1 game ever made.
#96 - Uke
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm actually planning to do a youtube series on this game, nothing hyper serious but I would like to see something other than Modern Warfare commentaries and Halo montages dominating the gaming sections. The plan is to start the game with no assists and full difficulty and record a full length season. One episode for each race, 5-7 minutes of talking at the start, probably showing my fails in practice, then a few minutes of highlights. I know there are lots of Codemaster haters and racing sim snobs that think everything has to be hyper realistic, but I personally like the mix between simulation and arcade that Codemasters come up with, the balance is just about right, and this game will hopefully be the best F1 game ever made.

Good idea! I will definately sub
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm actually planning to do a youtube series on this game, nothing hyper serious but I would like to see something other than Modern Warfare commentaries and Halo montages dominating the gaming sections. The plan is to start the game with no assists and full difficulty and record a full length season. One episode for each race, 5-7 minutes of talking at the start, probably showing my fails in practice, then a few minutes of highlights. I know there are lots of Codemaster haters and racing sim snobs that think everything has to be hyper realistic, but I personally like the mix between simulation and arcade that Codemasters come up with, the balance is just about right, and this game will hopefully be the best F1 game ever made.

yeah can u shoot me a pm if you do that? i'd love to see that!

Got my sub

And there's a lot of other games out there ATC, look up Let's Plays
Let's Play is the kind of thing I would be aiming for. I've got everything ready to go, did a test commentary on a Modern Warfare game and found my mic was terrible, so I've fixed that, the only thing I need now is my HD PVR and maybe a crash course in Premier to make use of some snazzy graphics.

Here is the channel it will be on...

http://www.youtube.com/Pretendgamers

...I just finished making a new background for the channel last night, my name on there is Mess is Law.
Subbed

If you're into LPs, check out DeceasedCrab and Kikoskia, they've given tips out before

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG