The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :I've given up on 2010, untill such time as they release a patch.

Its fun and all, just not much fun as the AI is really crappy when it comes to pitstops, they might as well have removed pitstops completely, because there is no strategy as you either get stuck in the pits as a string of AI drivers leave the pitlane, or backmarkers win as they don't even bother to pit.

Just pit later or earlier.

They obviously read the rule book too much for it though.
Just went to continue my game, only to be told that my save file is corrupted.

Great.
Ah, you must have completed an R&D Test in a practice session before quitting.
I bought the game soon after it's release, the canned oversteer and recovery physics are dire. As are some of the leaderboard times (on xbox 360) but it's enjoyable, I enjoy it because it's a contract based game, you race a season and get offers from other teams, most of the game is a good mirror on what the sport is in reality, but in actuallity in the pitlane it doesn't give you ENOUGH information, on gear settings, or weather reports. It's all a bit vague.

Try this, when you get the tail out and you find you are no longer able to recover it, just stamp on the brakes and it brings the front of teh car around, it's quite retarded. The penaltys are stupid too, you can just bomb out of the pitlane with no warning, also, you get hit from behind and you get a penalty, you can avoid some penalties entirely example, singapore you can follow the outside run off area and miss out the trigger for a penalty warning. The crash physics are shit too, you have to go flat out into a wall to rip off a wheel, also, on tracks like Monaco, the advertising canvas that drapes over the armcos actually sticks out and will destroy your car if you get anywhere near it. Infact on Monaco, the damage physics seem to have increased sensitivity just for that one track.
Quote from tristancliffe :Ah, you must have completed an R&D Test in a practice session before quitting.

Yep, how stupid of me...

Also annoying is that it doesn't have my name as an option, yet it does have options such as "Tiberius" and "McLovin"
Quote from BlueFlame :I bought the game soon after it's release, the canned oversteer and recovery physics are dire. As are some of the leaderboard times (on xbox 360) but it's enjoyable, I enjoy it because it's a contract based game, you race a season and get offers from other teams, most of the game is a good mirror on what the sport is in reality, but in actuallity in the pitlane it doesn't give you ENOUGH information, on gear settings, or weather reports. It's all a bit vague.

Try this, when you get the tail out and you find you are no longer able to recover it, just stamp on the brakes and it brings the front of teh car around, it's quite retarded. The penaltys are stupid too, you can just bomb out of the pitlane with no warning, also, you get hit from behind and you get a penalty, you can avoid some penalties entirely example, singapore you can follow the outside run off area and miss out the trigger for a penalty warning. The crash physics are shit too, you have to go flat out into a wall to rip off a wheel, also, on tracks like Monaco, the advertising canvas that drapes over the armcos actually sticks out and will destroy your car if you get anywhere near it. Infact on Monaco, the damage physics seem to have increased sensitivity just for that one track.

Monaco for the 360 is completely ****ed, and with a xbox controller nearly undriveable.

However this game is still much more in depth then any F1 game i have played, but for F1 2011 there need to be some improvements.
Quote from Mustafur :Monaco for the 360 is completely ****ed, and with a xbox controller nearly undriveable.

However this game is still much more in depth then any F1 game i have played, but for F1 2011 there need to be some improvements.

Yea, you are right it's quite odd, right driving assists off, it doesn't really seem to matter what gear you are in, if you are turning and you go from throttle off to throttle on, you start wheelspinning but when you are tootling around at 10mph and you turn the wheel and boot it in 1st, it acts strange before actually spinning the car around.
Hows this for a bug.

Finished the monaco race in 10th but i had a 20 second penalty for a BS collision which wasn't even my fault, i was expecting to be around 17th after the penalty instead i Won and it said i lapped everyone??
Quote from Mustafur :Hows this for a bug.

Finished the monaco race in 10th but i had a 20 second penalty for a BS collision which wasn't even my fault, i was expecting to be around 17th after the penalty instead i Won and it said i lapped everyone??

I got a 15 place grid penalty from aparently blocking other drivers when i got tapped and i spun and stayed stationary to let some cars by in practice session, but in quali i got into 2nd and come the race I still qualified 2nd as if the penalty didn't carry from practice through to the race.

Oh, and for some reason it feels like it's open differential at the back, when you exit the pitlane in practice, gun it and you will see the skid marks are different lengths to each other..... strange..
it does seem on the lesser cars, keeping the rear end planted without spinning one side is part of the challenge, dunno how realistic it is but it does give it some depth, you have to consider taking the cornering load away before accelerating.
I just don't like the way the rear acts like an open differential, I found that feeling almost instantly when playing, you can be spinning the inside rear, back off and the car sort of rocks as if it's torque steering. Then the next time you do it, it acts like a locked diff and you spin. Only in a low speed situation does it become highly annoying, it's not the fact you cant feel it when it IS going, its the fact it's inconsistant that catches ME out, and presumably alot of other people. Also, the wet weather is a bit strange, you can almost stick to the same braking points that you use in dry weather the only difference is the throttle is more sensitive and that's where you lose all of the time.
Quote from BlueFlame :Also, the wet weather is a bit strange, you can almost stick to the same braking points that you use in dry weather the only difference is the throttle is more sensitive and that's where you lose all of the time.

I made a little video of when i was running a mod which reduced the tyre to 85%, it felt like the conditions in FP3 at Suzuka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUG0JWg_t8
Except no mention of fixing the AIs jittering race line....
Hope he doesn't get the random punctures or experience the teleporting AI
Quote from speed1230 :Hope he doesn't get the random punctures or experience the teleporting AI

Hulkenburg winning the race from 22nd on the grid, NICEEEE
Quote from BlueFlame :Hulkenburg winning the race from 22nd on the grid, NICEEEE

more like Chandhok winning the race from 24th.
Hope this patch fixes the game.

I decide to get the game. I install it and get excited to play, and what do you know, it crashes on start up. Cant get it working. Waste of 90$ if you ask me!!!
Quote :3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.

No shit.

In career mode, pitting in the middle of a race, having to wait for literally everyone in the pitlane at that moment to leave the pitlane first is really retarded. Gets frustrating, having to restart the race every single time because of that. If it aint that, it'd be a puncture for 4 times in 1 single race. (really, it has happened)
Isn't this what testers are for? I mean, looks like these are problems they could've easily fixed before releasing it.

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG