The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Just Pre-Ordered. Should be sick!
Ben, he's got his wheel set up at 210deg with a 5% deadzone, which would explain why it's a bit all over the place I think.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Ben, he's got his wheel set up at 210deg with a 5% deadzone, which would explain why it's a bit all over the place I think.

I guess the deadzone might explain it, yeah.
5% deadzone because he can't keep the car straight without it. lmfao
yeah, that is a bad sign. the only game I've ever heard anyone recommend using some deadzone in was gt5 prologue w/ the porsche wheel. I've yet to try gt5p myself, so i dont even know if that is neccessary. I wonder why he doesnt just set it on the wheel instead of ingame. maybe he doesn't know he can.
Don't think it's got anything to do with the game or the wheel to be honest.
There's been enough formula 1 drivers testing this game.
I just don't think this man nose what he is doing. lol
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah, that is a bad sign. the only game I've ever heard anyone recommend using some deadzone in was gt5 prologue w/ the porsche wheel. I've yet to try gt5p myself, so i dont even know if that is neccessary. I wonder why he doesnt just set it on the wheel instead of ingame. maybe he doesn't know he can.

it was fine with the g25 without doing any configuring.
Quote from speedykev :Don't think it's got anything to do with the game or the wheel to be honest.

I was looking at his other videos.. and he drives badly in a lot of them. So maybe he just isnt a very good drive :/
Well I'm going to jump straight into a 7 year career on the hardest settings using only a gamepad and record it all and put it on youtube. I keep thinking it's a brilliant idea, but I'm not too sure if 15 minutes of spinning HRT and swearing would be that popular.
Quote from speedykev :Don't think it's got anything to do with the game or the wheel to be honest.

i dont now what to say know, sounds itchy

the game is out tomorrow and no demo whatsoever?
Quote from JJ72 :the game is out tomorrow and no demo whatsoever?

Who needs demo, does any GTA game had a demo ?
And infact it's not coming out tomorrow, North-America's release date is a 22nd september
Quote from TypeRacing :Who needs demo, does any GTA game had a demo ?
And infact it's not coming out tomorrow, North-America's release date is a 22nd september

How is GTA a good representative of games? I think all driving game needs a demo, since you can't tell physics from clips and screenshots.
Quote from JJ72 :How is GTA a good representative of games? I think all driving game needs a demo, since you can't tell physics from clips and screenshots.

nah, thats why we have impatient people for, so they can tell us if a games any good
Quote from JJ72 :the game is out tomorrow and no demo whatsoever?

No, the game is out Friday, and its not unusual for there not to be a demo, tons of games don't have demos before release.

Its quite easy to judge how a game is going to be, if you read a lot of reviews you can get a feel of how much you are going to like it.
Quote from danowat :No, the game is out Friday, and its not unusual for there not to be a demo, tons of games don't have demos before release.

Its quite easy to judge how a game is going to be, if you read a lot of reviews you can get a feel of how much you are going to like it.

it says 22 on the site, which is the day after tomorow, but close enough.

I don't agree really, especially when it is about physics, maybe you can but I need a demo to check out the minute details where it really matters. We all see it is rather realistic and better that usual codemaster standards, but how will it react on power oversteer with my 360 wheel? how's the forcefeedback? those are important things that I want to know which can't be seen on video.

and I can't really recall which big budget racing title which didn't have a demo, more so from codemasters: Dirt has demo, Grid has demo, NFS series has demos, SBK has demos, Blur, Split Second etc etc.
NFS shift had a demo way after release date
Games dont really need a demo tbh.
But with todays current generation access to the internet and company's marketing and hype tactics.
We almost feel a need to be able to get a fix on a game.

So in other words company's advertising teams are doing their jobs =P
There won't be a demo, according to Codemasters it's due to licensing issues.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well I'm going to jump straight into a 7 year career on the hardest settings using only a gamepad and record it all and put it on youtube. I keep thinking it's a brilliant idea, but I'm not too sure if 15 minutes of spinning HRT and swearing would be that popular.

I will be doing the same thing, though I didn't know you had to select career length before starting? Surely a better idea would be to have an open ended one so you play as many seasons as you want. I can see myself doing so badly in the first season(s) that I end up stuck in hrt . I wonder if the game allows you not to have a drive for one year lol.
Quote from AstroBoy :Games dont really need a demo tbh.
But with todays current generation access to the internet and company's marketing and hype tactics.
We almost feel a need to be able to get a fix on a game.

So in other words company's advertising teams are doing their jobs =P

Not only that, you cud just rent it from blockbuster, which is what I'm planning to do.
Quote from Xaid0n :Not only that, you cud just rent it from blockbuster, which is what I'm planning to do.

Not every country has game rental you see.

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG