The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
"Nick stop crying and get back on the track"
Looks EPIC!
One thing I noticed which bothers me more than it should: In real life the RB6 has a separate display from the steering wheel, but in the game it's integrated within the wheel.
It looks nice
Quote from spookthehamster :One thing I noticed which bothers me more than it should: In real life the RB6 has a separate display from the steering wheel, but in the game it's integrated within the wheel.

Thats because all the steering wheels in the game use one simple model with minor changes. They are not based on real life.
that is disappointing .
They had to do that because of the hand movements when tweaking dials on the wheel.
Quote from DejaVu :
Also, why do a lot of these preview video's run with dynamic racing line off?!?!

Because you don't want to use it if you're looking for realism. Using that line makes it way too easy, in my opinion, as that'll be where all your focus is on. Don't know if that dude has it off for the same reason, but he could definately use it.
I myself find it part of the fun actually trying to figure out how to take a bend best.

Wet weather does look really promising, dirt on the tires, and the car really seems to be behaving like it should in the rain, when driven badly.
Quote from Stiggie :Because you don't want to use it if you're looking for realism. Using that line makes it way too easy, in my opinion, as that'll be where all your focus is on. Don't know if that dude has it off for the same reason, but he could definately use it.
I myself find it part of the fun actually trying to figure out how to take a bend best.

Wet weather does look really promising, dirt on the tires, and the car really seems to be behaving like it should in the rain, when driven badly.

Doh - i completely forgot about the racing line overlayed on tracks for learning, thought dynamic racing line was something totally different for some random reason lol.
I really wish they had gone ahead and laser scanned the tracks. In the VVV video of Suzuka there are a couple of spots I noticed which are wrong and there are dips that are either not there or are in the wrong place. Hopefully they'll be included in 2011. Still can't wait to get my hands on my pre-ordered copy as it looks very fun!
#166 - CSF
To be honest he sounds like a bit of an idiot, he says he only took it to Normal mode with aids still on, so of course it's going to be a bit easy.
when is it out?
Next friday
Quote from CSF :To be honest he sounds like a bit of an idiot, he says he only took it to Normal mode with aids still on, so of course it's going to be a bit easy.

Same site, different platform, different reviewer......just goes to highlight how subjective reviews are.

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/reviews/ps3/9399/f1-2010
suzuka looks very different from rfactor's. different elevation changes and some of the corners don't look as tight
ohh great, I can see my weekends disappearing right now.
From reading everything I can find it looks like it might just be sim enough, especially as it will earn extra credit with F1 fans being the first official PC game since forever.

Not forgetting weather. In many ways, GP4 is still the best representation of changing weather conditions.
TeamVVV's youtube videos make it look pretty awful. He brakes too late or too early, missing turn in points and apexes by miles, can't change gear at the right time... Yet the car magically gets round the corners.... and overtakes.... In his Suzuka one he compains about Kubica's AI driving, claiming he's (it's) weaving all over the place - whilst he weaves all over the place himself!!!

The graphics and the wet weather might redeem it, but it looks pretty crap to me in terms of driving. And I'd much rather have physics over eye-candy and features.

Think it might have to be torrented first to see if it's worth giving money for. And that's not something I do lightly!
I agree with you there Tristan that video does make it look eye candy and not much else, though IIRC he states he is racing the AI on easy so might explain the ease at which he is able to overtake them. From reading other reviews of it, set on hard then they are a challenge to race against (though occasionally wrecking you.) You could also argue that they can't truely make an F1 sim as if you made the AI lap at full speed not many people would be able to keep up due to it being difficult.

All I hope for personally is that its arcadey enough to be pick up and play not thousands of laps of practice but real enough that its fun.
To be fair, "we" are not codemasters target market

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG