The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Quote from Greboth :I will be doing the same thing, though I didn't know you had to select career length before starting? Surely a better idea would be to have an open ended one so you play as many seasons as you want. I can see myself doing so badly in the first season(s) that I end up stuck in hrt . I wonder if the game allows you not to have a drive for one year lol.

You choose a 3, 5 or 7 year career. The shorter the career then the more teams you have available to choose from. For the 3 year career you can only choose HRT, Virgin or Lotus.

Fernando went from Minardi to World Champion in 4 seasons (ignoring his year as a test driver at Renault), so there's a benchmark.
Quote from Xaid0n :Not only that, you cud just rent it from blockbuster, which is what I'm planning to do.

Do you know that the hard copy is only available to preorder before the 24th, once the game hits that date it's only available by digital download.
Quote from rc10racer :Do you know that the hard copy is only available to preorder before the 24th, once the game hits that date it's only available by digital download.

Obviously you can rent the game for a console.

Game is out Tuesday in US, Friday in the UK. No Demo because of licensing issues. Surely this has been discussed a thousand times?
Quote from JJ72 :Not every country has game rental you see.

Well for those who can lol I'm just saying it's a possibility, if you don't have rental, borrow from a mate.

and @ rc10racer I was meaning console versions.

and I don't see how licensing could be a problem? 1 generic car with 1 crappy track? (Hungaroring anyone? )
#206 - AMB
Going to get the PC version, I just hope it isn't as easy as most racing games.... after playing sims I always expect something good from other games but get let down either by how easy they are or unrealistic....
Mine was shipped last night, should recieve it tomorrow
Ya pre-ordered mine from Amazon months ago, due to arrive Thursday.
Glad I wasn't daft enough to get it from rip off steam, it's not being unlocked till 6 PM Friday night.
Found this mentioned on another forum, seems rather twatful that online play is only allowed for a few countries (although the workaround is very easy)...

Quote :I just wanted to provide a friendly reminder to everyone here that is buying, or intends to buy, F1 2010. Basically, the game uses Games for Windows Live, and unfortunately, Microsoft has decided only to support countries that it wants. With such a large international crowd here at R2P, I don't want any of you to get screwed over. So here is the full list of supported:

Supported Countries List

If you do not live in a country that is listed, please read below if you want to play this game online.

Basically, after you install the game (both boxed and digital versions) you will be asked to create a GFWL account. When you do so, you need to absolutely make sure that you register to a country that is supported. If you do not, you will NOT be able to play online multiplayer.

Because once you register your cd key with GFWL, you are bound to whatever country it was that you registered it to. There is no going back, and if you do it to a non-supported country, you will not be able to play online multiplayer. You can still play singleplayer, but that's it.

So your best bet is to choose a country that is close to yours. The UK or the US are easy choices.

Apparently Microsoft would rather you lie, rather than support "the rest of the world." I'm not saying don't buy this game, I actually am buying, I just want to help educate people so they don't get screwed over. Hope this helps.

Same as the issues surrounding XBL and non-supporting countries, just make a gamertag registered to a live supported country.
Quote from speedykev :Ya pre-ordered mine from Amazon months ago, due to arrive Thursday.
Glad I wasn't daft enough to get it from rip off steam, it's not being unlocked till 6 PM Friday night.

Hardly a rip off, was only 26 quid compared to 29.99
Quote from DejaVu :Hardly a rip off, was only 26 quid compared to 29.99

it's £29.99 Now when I ordered mine it was only £24.99 PC version.
If you pre-order from steam you can download the game right now to your PC you just can't play it.
All I'm saying is why make people wait till Friday night, it's only an unlocking code.
Probably to tie in with time differences between us/europe/uk

That way people will be awake and at work over that side of the pond, then they can help out with technical issues and things i imagine on steam.

Time doesn't bother me personally, my daughter won't be in bed til half 7 so i'm not fussy Can't wait tho
Quote from speedykev :it's £29.99 Now when I ordered mine it was only £24.99 PC version.
If you pre-order from steam you can download the game right now to your PC you just can't play it.
All I'm saying is why make people wait till Friday night, it's only an unlocking code.

There is usually a work around...

There was for Mafia 2 anyway.
Think i read somewhere that f1 2010 uses a different encryption or something so it's not possible to edit the file
Where I can find the specs for PC?
Quote from chanoman315 :Where I can find the specs for PC?

From racesimcentral:
• Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9.0c
• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
• 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
• DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space
Just had a knob-about on the 360. Pretty fun game, graphics are very, very nice. Detailed tracks. Realistic, not so much. Still pretty entertaining though.
-
(NitroNitrous) DELETED by NitroNitrous
Downloading, I´ll try tomorrow the PC version. I expect an easy but entertaining game, just like Dirt 2, something you can play with keyboard and have fun

Quote from chanoman315 :Where I can find the specs for PC?

Bose321 gave you the minimum, here are the recommended

* Windows XP/Vista/7
* DirectX 9.0c
* Intel Core 2 Duo a 2,66 GHz o Athlon X2 4200+
* 2 GB RAM
* GeForce 9800 or ATI Radeon HD 4850
* 12,5 GB hard disk free space
#221 - Dmt
Pretty fun game! Driving in rain is something new. I like.
Any vids out?
Tons on youtube.
Anyone on PC getting some minor "lag" and "glitches"?

It was fine from the begining, but then like 40min of playing it started...

The game stutters sometimes, and even froze once for like 2 seconds. General input is slow, fast gear changes are hard...

Dont know if its just me. PC specs are way over whats required. And even on lowest settings its doing that.

Probably just ATi just trying to piss me off.
why are a bunch of LFS'ers getting excited about an Arcade game? You already know how lame the physics will be. I think a lot of us are getting bored & looking for other genres to keep us entertained.

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG