The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
How comes whenever we see preview footage of new racing games, the person playing is ALWAYS really crap?

Back OT, this doesn't look too shabby, as long as you don't take it too seriously
Looks great! Only thing that annoys me is that its so dark when raining. You can have both the rain and the sun out at the same time.
Quote from Syfoon :How comes whenever we see preview footage of new racing games, the person playing is ALWAYS really crap?

Yeah, either they are using all the driving aid's or.. What I think it more likely, for these preview vids is; an AI driver. Cause it looks so damn jerky.
full grid, monaco, rain, oooh kinda like this weekend!?!?!?!?! :o
More info on the career aspect, if you didn't already know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... atIV0RSJY&feature=sub

So, you have to be put under pressure by the press, answer questions and say 'the team made me lose the race, I don't want to talk to them right now because all I'll hear is blah blah blah'.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :More info on the career aspect, if you didn't already know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... atIV0RSJY&feature=sub

So, you have to be put under pressure by the press, answer questions and say 'the team made me lose the race, I don't want to talk to them right now because all I'll hear is blah blah blah'.

Your forgetting the "they made me lie to the stewards line"

The steering lock in the cockpit view still looks too slow to me, puts me off the in car view at times
I thought that driving in Dirt 2 with a wheel was pretty good actually, once I'd set it up the best I could. I never directly compared it to the offroad racing in LFS, but from memory I never thought that it was lacking anything significant that LFS was doing. It seemed pretty solid really (although as someone mentioned above, the way they handled the tarmac surfaces was pretty strange in Dirt 2).
#58 - JJ72
I think I am sold...the track can actually build up rubber dynamically, that's something missing in a lot of "serious" racing games.
Just imagine doing the hardest most realistic career starting in a Virgin, that's gonna be bitter sweet.
they mentioned a lot of different features; the game seems to go deep enough for me in replicating the experience. hopefully they aren't talking out their arse
Hopefully it isn't too realistic or the 3 teams you will start with will be too slow for you to progress.
Was reading somewhere that they had a f1 test driver onboard for handling.

As long as its not console only I may buy it.
Anthony Davidson has spoken about this game elsewhere so I guess that is who you mean.

So long as it is better than the current crop of crap racing games where drifting gets you NOS boost or missiles or whatever other blue shell mechanic they want to use for distracting you from racing then I'll be happy. Something along the lines of the arcadeyness of TOCA for PS1 would be good.
I saw a video that clearly showed F1 2010 having "flashback", which makes sense considering the engine thats being used

I am not holding out for anything more than an arcadey game, having re-visited GRID recently, maybe I'll be pleasently suprised, but I doubt it.
Quote from Whitmore :I think you might be surprised.

I truely hope so.

This is the first "big" audience release of an F1 game for a while, if they balls it up, it will be a crime.
Almost worth getting a PS3 these days... I know the racing games will be a massive let down ultimately, but I'd still like to have a blast on them now and again (especially with friends after some drinks), and there are a few other games that I want too...

If only I could afford one!
I honestly cannot wait for this!

Sim or Arcade, I dont care. It will be fun.
Have followed the development of this game for some time, and I am really looking forward to test it over at my buddie's console or something

I hope the physics are O.K. No need for beeing LFS physics, but at least feeling like a car should be a good thing, but the fun factor / those little details are most important tbh.
#69 - JJ72
lets get together for a league when it is out.
That would be a horrible league

Nah, sure - why not. Probally some of the LFS community that will get this
Not 100% sure if I'll get this at release, if the reviews are very good, then maybe, but it only takes a matter of weeks these days before console games get heavily discounted.
Any news about a demo? Would be cool giving it a go before making up my mind on this.
Thanks for the link mate
I actually sort of want it to be a sort of...un-serious sim if you get my drift. Something when I get annoyed at a poor showing in LFS or iRacing I can just go and have a bit of fun. Really can't wait for it.

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG