The online racing simulator
Quote from kimd41 :Looks like all the offtopic posts have been deleted and we're back in time to page 98.

If all the offtopic posts would be deleted, then we would come back to page 5.

Quote from Hahmo :Maybe it was not time for the physics yet? who knows

hahaha, probably not.
Yea, interresting to see that the mods don't mind about the unconstructive bitching and the lame fakes, but can't stand the food-related rant

That said, let's think positive... This will allow us to have another "page 100" retar...related contest
Well, when(or better if?) the updated physics finally arrive, we don't have to bother about this thread anymore.

I still wonder how it's going to feel like. Modified, so the Scirocco doesn't feel like driving a Go-Kart, or will it affect the handling of other cars in LFS?

I am getting used to the current physics, so I hope there's no big change.

Just googled news about LFS and found a German website reporting again about it, and the news were "heated up" yesterday.

Never say never, but you know, maybe the developer's shining example is Duke Nukem: Forever. And with Forever, they really meant forever(in development!).
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
That said, let's think positive... This will allow us to have another "page 100" retar...related contest

:eek: I'm glad the mods went house cleaning. It was starting to get abit crazy.

Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Well, when(or better if?) the updated physics finally arrive, we don't have to bother about this thread anymore.

I still wonder how it's going to feel like. Modified, so the Scirocco doesn't feel like driving a Go-Kart, or will it affect the handling of other cars in LFS?

I do believe it will.. As the physic changes are with the tires, So they handle more realistically and if WR's are being deleted then you can probably believe it's not a minor change and could actually slow it down/give it more grip in the corner/make it faster. And also, That would TOTALLY SUCK FOR ME, Because I haven't even learned all the tracks and cars yet, I've drove about 5 tracks (Combinations included) And the RB4 and the FXO.. But that's totally my fault so In short.. It probably won't effect me any because I barely know how they handle anyway but the thing that does bother me is S3 coming out right after I bought S2.. Does that mean another 12$ update? If so.. That's gonna .. Be a bit weird just for one car and track, But you know how developers are
Probably not only 'ROCKINGHAM' or 'SCIROCCO' will be on S3 just look out some of the tracks some of it aren't finish modeling for example in AU2 as you can see on the drift pad there is a Rally Cross that didn't finish on that location although its a small one but its really posible to be a Rally Cross on AU and don't forget the South City at the down location there is a roads that aren't finish although its blocked to go there I manage to drove on that location by using the Layout and put the start spawn.

Some of the tracks on LFS aren't totally done although BL1 is done modeling but some of it aren't might on S3 there is WE2.
Quote from skywatcher122 : AU and don't forget the South City at the down location there is a roads that aren't finish although its blocked to go there I manage to drove on that location by using the Layout and put the start spawn.

Well, I don't know, it seems after reading all the posts and stuff the developers lost steam or ideas for any other cars/tracks, Please don't flame me for that, But it's just my personal opinion, And south city has plenty of combinations already, I don't think they would work on that but I agree westhill is one of the least used tracks I've seen, In all the empty S2 servers I've been too, But from what I see they dumped all there development and tech into one track and one car.. I'm alittle disheartened at the fact that it has taken THAT long to get a licenced car in LFS with true to state handling.. It's abit pointless because you want to drive a sim, But you also want to play a game and having all that real handling is going to dampen that effect, There isn't enough options (I'm saying, You can't customize ride height, And watch it's effect) So whats the exact point of writing down to a T the physics of a car when really it won't get used.. Now if this had all the options for a real car, And the real effects (I'm not saying they can.. That's practically impossible) It would be worth it.. But in my history developing should be of ones mind (For instance, Blackwood isn't a track, It's their imagination, And look how many demo users continue to race it) And that's their fun, Going all out on 2 things seems a bit overpowered when you could make for instance, 6 - 9 tracks, 3 - 4 cars (Once again, JUST saying) And let them be a bit horridly made.. You know, Minor glitches etc.. And then go in and re-detail them all, That seems way better than the approaches they are going at now and i do believe I'm going to get hella flamed so... /me Puts on flamesuit
I'm not flaming you I'm saying what I want to say thats all
And that leads us to the number one question everybody secretly thinks but does not dare to speak loud of...What is happening with new content ? I must clear that i do love lfs for what it is and it has given me countless hours of enjoyment (i was playing it for years on my brothers sim rig).But after over 5 years of waiting for new content all we get is one car and one track ?

And even with the new physics that in my book cannot pass for the s3 "evolution" we all were waiting for.I guess they will definitely update the existing tracks so the higher quality rockingham does not feel out of place but still that does not qualify them as new content.It does reassure that people will continue to play them but still after a couple of weeks everybody will be sick of playing with a ff car and will be sick also of rockinham.(and for what it is worth it is a nice track but not anything special like norchliefe,le mans,isle of man,col de turini (monte carlo),targa florio,magny course ,rouen,lienz are....(all available ofcourse in rf... )

Well maybe the devs keep some aces under their sleeves.They may have been working on another 2-3 tracks (real or fantasy it does not matter if they have the quality of the existing tracks) and even have a couple of additional real cars to surprise us.(lfs was used in real life contest to win a bwm m3 and m6 in germany and vw has given the scrirroco so why not having a couple of other vw group cars or bmw group cars too ? ).I do sincerely hope they pull it off.If they update the render engine to dx9 too, with some bloom and hdr lighting and some shader effects lfs will be given some fresh air with many lfs players that left for other sims (rfactor,gtr evo/on,netcar..) comming back as well as many new players that will be attracted to shinier visuals.

I want lfs to succed.Yet the easiest way to make this true is overlooked by the devs and by many people in the lfs community that continue to support to whatever stance lfs devs take.I am talking about user made content and making contest to remake new "real life minus the badges "models for the existing cars and choose the best to have them integrated in the main game.The physics would be left unchanged and the devs would be saved by weeks of modeling.The same contest could be made to have the main tracks updated or even partially remade and the best updates would be integrated in the main game.That would save the devs from months of work.And about people that complain about quality just give a look at LFSMODS.People there have some amazing models and through not perfect keep in mind they made them in a matter of days or at most a week or two having the knowledge that because people have to overwrite their main files most people would not even touch the cars they made no matter how good they are.So imagine given the opportunity to all these people to help the devs and have their work integrated to the main game with a honorable mention in the credits.They would work for weeks non stop to make the most mind blowing incredibly detailed model of the existing cars or tracks....

So please Scawen,Victor and Eric if you do read these posts think and speak about it.I know that your vision for this game is different of rfactor's and that's the reason i talked so many times about making specific contests.People will only make the cars models(exteriors and interiors).Physics will be left untouched.And the same with tracks no new ones will be made if you choose so.Just let people make some great modeling or improving the existing ones and just integrate them.And trust me nobody will ask money or rights and #$@ like that.We are all here because we love the game and we want to help it become the best sim it can be.The only thing people may ask is just a mention in credits...
Quote from justasimfan :
People there have some amazing models and through not perfect keep in mind they made them in a matter of days or at most a week or two having the knowledge that because people have to overwrite their main files most people would not even touch the cars they made no matter how good they are.So imagine given the opportunity to all these people to help the devs and have their work integrated to the main game with a honorable mention in the credits.They would work for weeks non stop to make the most mind blowing incredibly detailed model of the existing cars or tracks....

Yeah, Some of it is truely awesome but like some LFS members said, It would create thousands of tracks and thousands of models and some people just go "Enough is enough" At a certain point in time, But is that a bad thing? Not really.. LFS could grow to a insane amount if they let people mod it for them, Lots of games thrive on user made content, Take Rfactor for example, They just added a good anti cheat and said have at it.. And look where they are.. I understand from both sides of this, If you have so many cars it's hard to have a good organized race but the way I see it if you have a weekly competition you could see some amazingly detailed cars, just tell them make it LFS themed (You know, Cars that resemble cars but have a few features to let you know it's NOT the real deal) And then you "Community" Vote on how powerful it should be, GT, GT2, GTR F1, Road cars And then let them come up with reasonable power.. What would be more interesting is to just have skins you could put on your cars (Like, Replacing the body with something similar) Which could also bring up problems that quite frankly nobody really wants to deal with... But, You never know what could happen by the time S4 - S5 roll around.. And then you have the question.. how many years is that gonna take?

The day i see a full grid of Ferrari's Porches, BMW's, And the like, Is the day I'll need a brief change of undies.
Quote from justasimfan :People there have some amazing models and through not perfect keep in mind they made them in a matter of days or at most a week or two

That's because most of the models there is stolen from other games :doh:
Amynue makes nice VOB mods. Maybe he should be the dev
Quote from TehPaws3D :
but I agree westhill is one of the least used tracks I've seen,

Wooh... Ho! .. What?

See screeny
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Progress.... What progress?
westhill sucks
Quote from cargame.nl :Wooh... Ho! .. What?

See screeny

Just because a track has miles to it doesn't mean it's a used track, You can barely find a server playing westhill that isn't empty.
Quote from TehPaws3D :I'm a little disheartened at the fact that it has taken THAT long to get a licenced car in LFS

be that as it may, you can't just add cars into a game without a car manufacturer knowing, and allowing you to do such. imagine making a game, putting licensed (ie:copyrighted) content in it, and then getting sued by all the auto manufacturers. that's why the cars in LFS are fictional, with the exception of the MRT, RAC, FBM and BF1. (am i forgetting any?)
Quote from TehPaws3D :Just because a track has miles to it doesn't mean it's a used track, You can barely find a server playing westhill that isn't empty.

That's because westhill sucks for Cruise
Quote from bunder9999 :be that as it may, you can't just add cars into a game without a car manufacturer knowing, and allowing you to do such. imagine making a game, putting licensed (ie:copyrighted) content in it, and then getting sued by all the auto manufacturers. that's why the cars in LFS are fictional, with the exception of the MRT, RAC, FBM and BF1. (am i forgetting any?)

Exactly, it costs and manufacturers could say, as an example 'We'll put a Ferarri/Porsche/BMW/etc in if you remove feature X', and tey'd be within their rights to.

Quote from tvtropes.org :
There's also the issue of editorial control; much as car companies used to dictate that vehicles in videogames could not be shown crashing or being damaged (they just hit things and stopped)

Fortunately, that's not the case, but it was (in 80s/90s games), the rule if you had licensed content
Vws..
I find it sad that they announced the VWS two and a half year ago, and the last update on the homepage was in february, at least give us a update there. PLEASE! Scawen said like two or three weeks ago that a new patch would maybe be released, as he said "the new patch would maybe be released next week" (something like that, cant rly remember exact quote) and "next week" was about a week or two ago.. I feel like a update, besides if LFS wanna keep its big and loyale community, they would need to give us a update or something.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :
Just googled news about LFS and found a German website reporting again about it, and the news were "heated up" yesterday.

Can you paste a link of this website here please ?
And what do you mean by the news were heated up ?
Quote from Guthix :Scawen said like two or three weeks ago that a new patch would maybe be released, as he said "the new patch would maybe be released next week" (something like that, cant rly remember exact quote) and "next week" was about a week or two ago..

Don't talk shit when you "cant rly remember exact quote". :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that Scawen didn't give any concrete amount of time on when the patch will be released. Not after the VWS chaos.
I just can NOT express in words the shizzle of posts I see in this thread.

Everyone has their favorite track and all...

Myself I love Westhill and Aston the most.
Quote from Guthix :I find it sad that they announced the VWS two and a half year ago, and the last update on the homepage was in february, at least give us a update there. PLEASE! Scawen said like two or three weeks ago that a new patch would maybe be released, as he said "the new patch would maybe be released next week" (something like that, cant rly remember exact quote) and "next week" was about a week or two ago.. I feel like a update, besides if LFS wanna keep its big and loyale community, they would need to give us a update or something.

I don't remember such thing
Quote from Guthix : as he said "the new patch would maybe be released next week" (something like that, cant rly remember exact quote)

If you would have read and comprehend it, you'd know that this was a plan and IIRC he further explained why it did not happen.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG