The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Cheating is breaking the rules, which he did, he got the right punishment as far as the rules are concerned, but it was wrong in that situation. Down to 10 men for penalties...oh no what a massive blow.

Cheating is scoring a goal with your hand, and referee didn't saw it. There is nothing wrong with this.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Cheating is breaking the rules, which he did, he got the right punishment as far as the rules are concerned, but it was wrong in that situation. Down to 10 men for penalties...oh no what a massive blow.

It was exactly the RIGHT thing to do in the situation, for the very reason you state in the last sentence.

BTW, this is what I consider cheating. Especially the last 5 seconds.
Have we talked about how the Ghanan player totally tripped himself to get the free kick that set up that handball?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Have we talked about how the Ghanan player totally tripped himself to get the free kick that set up that handball?

of course they dont
Quote from BreadC :yea jus fk off to madrid with mourinho

Mourinho is at Inter, not Real Madrid, lol. As much as I dislike A. Cole I think he is right in what he says....
Quote from BlueFlame :Mourinho is at Inter, not Real Madrid, lol.

Mourinho joined Real Madrid, lol.
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie
I normally don't do this but:

"Owned!"
Quote from BlueFlame :Mourinho is at Inter, not Real Madrid, lol. As much as I dislike A. Cole I think he is right in what he says....

At least make some hole in that cave, it's a nice weather outside..
While to a certain extent I agree with ATC Quicksilver re Suarez, I still would have expected my player to do the same. However I would like to point out this small fact.

Suarez could have headed that ball, hell he even made the movement to do that as it struck his hand. Pure instinct and nothing deepely sinster.
Quote from BreadC :im opposite xD

i had couple of monsters

...Munch? Hope it's the pickled onion. (thank god they have referted to the old style again)
Quote from BreadC :flaming hot xD

mmm munchies....I have 15 mins for before the local kebab shop shuts. Time for a phone call.

Back on Topic - Ghana screwed thier chance, however I feel the winner will be the winner of the other semi-final.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :mmm munchies....I have 15 mins for before the local kebab shop shuts. Time for a phone call.

Back on Topic - Ghana screwed thier chance, however I feel the winner will be the winner of the other semi-final.

Great.

Now I have a craving for Munchies and a kebab.

This is one weird string of posts.

And IMO Ghana were too risky
That was some crazy game!! So much drama!

So happy for Uruguay, and kind of sad for Ghana. Everyone fought! To say this team or that team deserved it more is to pick sides, come on it was 50/50 for the most part...

I can't help but think Uruguay went as far as they could, but I guess we'll have to wait their next game to say for sure.

Regarding Suarez: Zeug said it perfectly already: it was cheap, but it did the job. Within the rules.

Edit: there you go.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :And IMO Ghana were too risky

Too risky in what way?

I could see your point when they got some goals against them via counter attacks but they didn't.

@de Souza: It was me!
In what world is a penalty and a player being red-carded(at a point in the game that makes very very little difference) equivalent to a goal.
If you stop a garunteed try in rugby by cheating or with a foul it is a penalty try, because a foul/penalty whatever it is is a very very different thing in that way.

1. Ghana had done the work the goal was scored essentially, but someone handles the ball on purpose to stop it. Penalty kick and a redcard.
2. Team x passes the ball in the box(but is still far from getting a shot off never mind the ball being almost past the line!)and a player handles the ball on purpose. Penalty kick and redcard.

How can such a deficiency in the rules happen in such a popular and extremely basic sport at an international level?
Quote from SAxor :In what world is a penalty and a player being red-carded(at a point in the game that makes very very little difference) equivalent to a goal.
If you stop a garunteed try in rugby by cheating or with a foul it is a penalty try, because a foul/penalty whatever it is is a very very different thing in that way.

1. Ghana had done the work the goal was scored essentially, but someone handles the ball on purpose to stop it. Penalty kick and a redcard.
2. Team x passes the ball in the box(but is still far from getting a shot off never mind the ball being almost past the line!)and a player handles the ball on purpose. Penalty kick and redcard.

How can such a deficiency in the rules happen in such a popular and extremely basic sport at an international level?

Unlike Rugby it's much harder for a referee to judge the direction of the ball and thus the likelihood of a goal. And where do you draw the line? It's not a cut and dry decision like goal line technology which the game desperately needs.

It's a terrible shame of course, but it's part of the sport. A player sacrificed his place in the semi-final to save his team. I think had Ghana had done the same thing and then gone on to win the penalty shoot out we'd here very little up roar.

Ghana should have won the game anyway. They had the opportunities and didn't put them away.
Quote from SAxor :Team x passes the ball in the box(but is still far from getting a shot off never mind the ball being almost past the line!)and a player handles the ball on purpose. Penalty kick and redcard.

its only a red card if its done to prevent a clear and near certain opportunity to score a goal
see eg the hand play during the germany serbia game which led to a penalty and a yellow

that said the rule should probably be altered to penalty wothout a keeper in the goal or whatever as being able to get away with stopping the ball on the line is just ridiculous
Quote from Shotglass :that said the rule should probably be altered to penalty wothout a keeper in the goal or whatever as being able to get away with stopping the ball on the line is just ridiculous

It would be impossible to regulate.

Is there a difference between deliberate and non-deliberate hand ball?? What if the handball stopped the ball but it was going wide anyway?? Unlike like a goal across a line this is not a black and white case.

The ruling atm is about right in my opinion. If you want to stop the ball with you hand then you get an instant red-card and there's a penalty. Injustice??? Well don't shoot the ball near the defender and if you do don't miss the penalty!

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG