The online racing simulator
watch Mr. woodcock its relly good
Tried to watch Reservoir Dogs the other day. God its slow and boring. Had to turn it off. It is a good movie as i have seen it a few times before but you really need to be in the mood for it.
dont see splice, it is a really bad movie
Brothers. Amazing movie, and Newman writing the music = goose skin. Recommended !
Away We Go - don't let "Romantic comedy" put you off.
Badlands
Quote from xaotik :Valhalla Rising, it came across as a mix of Aguirre, The Proposition and a really bleak Conan the Barbarian in some sort of Nordic folklore setting with a comic book like flow to the story - great camera work and quite a bit of gore at times.

Whoa good find. I see enough of Lynch and Carpenter in there and I'm still missing another couple references.

That film really took me somewhere else, which is saying a lot for me. It reminded me of what a physics teacher told us about art decades ago when we were in high school. That it doesn't matter if you can't define art, if you look at something and it makes your mind tick and stirs your feelings, that's art.

Valhalla Rising ticks all the boxes.
Quote from jibber :Tests have shown that less smart people tend to watch smarter stuff on tv, because it makes them think they are learning something, while smarter people tend to watch mindless stuff simply for the reason to switch off their minds and relax.

dangit, i'd better stop watching discovery!

on topic - i saw Toy Story 3 over the weekend because i loved it as kid. i thought it was great.
Undisputed 2
Undisputed 3
Blood and Bone
Avatar (watched yesterday, epic movie in my opinion)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Check out his new series about New Orleans, too. And The Wire, obviously.

The Wire I have already seen....love the show. Easily the best series on TV ever. Even got an Omar shirt.

Have to keep an eye out for the other one though, have heard about it but as of yet, seen nothing this side of the pond.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The Wire I have already seen....love the show. Easily the best series on TV ever.

+1001

What's the name of the New Orleans series DWB?
I finally saw "Ink" last night. Have to say, brilliant movie. Certainly not for those who love 90mins of non stop action though. Much "slower" and mind bloggling I guess you could say. Very good. Enjoyed it.
Quote from amp88 :This is the second part, this is the third part (don't know if you already know...).

Ah, thanks - I had heard it was part of a trilogy but I hadn't gotten around to finding the rest. Pretty good story overall.

Triangle - an intriguing sci-fi thriller; the only thing I'll give away is that no it's not a Bermuda Triangle related movie as the title might imply.

Micmacs à tire-larigot - an entertaining and warm-hearted tale by Jeunet (known for La cité des enfants perdus, Amélie, Delicatessen, etc), in terms of humor it's rather a combination of slapstick and referential sprinkled with puns this time and not so morbid as Delicatessen or La cité - however the premise is interesting and it's got it's dose of anti-establishment ranting.
Just got back from the last night of the Melbourne International Animation Festival (MIAF).

Here's my pick for best animation-

Orgesticulanismus
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I'm only just catching up on The Wire, good stuff isn't it...

Does the pope crap in the woods?

Recently I have been watching (in no particular order)

The Jerk - "Stay away from the cans!!!" Steve Martins best film??? 8/10

City on Fire - So sad to see Chow Yun-Fat do movies such as Pirates of the Caribbean 3 when he has these types of movies on CV (Hard Boiled a good example) 9/10

Equilibrium - Sometimes style of content and plot works, not always...but sometimes it does 7.75951287/10

The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Korean take on The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with a bit of Mad Max thrown in for good messure. Has to be seen for full effect, might not be your thing but I enjoyed it 8+:wtf2:/10
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The Good, the Bad, the Weird - Korean take on The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with a bit of Mad Max thrown in for good messure. Has to be seen for full effect, might not be your thing but I enjoyed it 8+:wtf2:/10

the big horseback fight scene near the end is pretty awesomely done
one of the few action scenes ive ever enjoyed almost solely thanks to great cinematography
it has such an awesome old school no cgi nonsense feel to it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLHlZ23TAlo#t=2m19s

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG