The online racing simulator
Brazil (IMDB - 8.0) - currently on iplayer, a rather disturbing combination of secret state and comical eighties retro future. I think certain members of this forum are already sufficiently paranoid of the state though!
Airplane - A classic comedy, filled to the rafters of one liners. Unfortunately that still of writing seems to have disappeared if we look at recent films of the same vein as of Airplane. 8/10 (9/10 if you have had a crappy Monday)

Quote :
Rex Kramer: Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that

Quote :Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?
Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Quote :Captain Oveur: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Saw prince of persia - sands of time, last weekend, not too bad really, quite funny at times too.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Airplane - A classic comedy, filled to the rafters of one liners. Unfortunately that still of writing seems to have disappeared if we look at recent films of the same vein as of Airplane. 8/10 (9/10 if you have had a crappy Monday)

Lmao, that and The Sequel are so very rewatchable, and nowhere near as forced as some similar cases after them
I've had the displeasure of seeing Soul Plane, awkward pile of junk, imo. It's as horrible as Airplane! is awesome.

Did I miss a sarcasm tag somewhere..
Soul plane is epic!
Went for a little holiday to Brugge last week, so decided to re-watch "In Bruges" again.

Its just such an great, great film, Colin Farrel's best performance.
me and a mate are gonna have a movie marathon (W.R. attempt) in the holidays, we got 40 odd films so far, any u can recommend? (preferably no horror, mostly comedy/action)
Lethal Weapons
Die Hards
Beverly Hills Cops
Airplane!s
Rambos
Gladiator
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Troy
Snatch
Lock Stock
Exit Wounds
Rush Hours
Under Sieges
Good Bad & Ugly
For a Few Dollars More
Fistful of Dollars
Matrices
The Rock
Sawfish
PotCs
Snakes on a Plane
James Bonds
War
Kiss of the Dragon
Huo Yuan Jia
The Mummies
Vincent will Meer

Quote :If you expect a sugar-coated happy ending... you will be disappointed...

If you want to see a film that makes you laugh without your having to stop thinking, go and watch it. It is definitely entertaining and gives you food for thought at the same time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1017460/

quite possibly the first movie of its kind that wont inspire tons of internet art for there is no nudity left to imagination
also quite good even though the ending seems a bit tacked on just for the sake of getting a few horror elements into the movie without any real point to them
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Airplane - A classic comedy, filled to the rafters of one liners. Unfortunately that still of writing seems to have disappeared if we look at recent films of the same vein as of Airplane. 8/10 (9/10 if you have had a crappy Monday)

I recently watched Airplane! with my lady, as she had never seen it before. The most awkward 90 minutes of my life... she didn't laugh once! I was shocked, and worried that it was my humor that was broken instead of hers, tell me it isn't so!

Quote :
Operator: [Captain Oveur is on the phone with the Mayo Clinic] Excuse me, Captain Oveur, but I have an emergency call on line 5 from a Mr. Hamm.
Captain Oveur: Alright, give me a Hamm on 5, hold the Mayo.

Everytime I re-watch that movie I have forgotten that line, and it gets me again every time
Quote from Jertje :I recently watched Airplane! with my lady, as she had never seen it before. The most awkward 90 minutes of my life... she didn't laugh once! I was shocked, and worried that it was my humor that was broken instead of hers, tell me it isn't so!

Tbh if it was me....we would be having "That Talk" and she would have to have a lot going on for the relationship to keep going.
Valhalla Rising, it came across as a mix of Aguirre, The Proposition and a really bleak Conan the Barbarian in some sort of Nordic folklore setting with a comic book like flow to the story - great camera work and quite a bit of gore at times.

Män som hatar kvinnor (Men Who Hate Women), fairly entertaining crime/mystery flick that's not too predictable/obvious and despite it not being all that complicated or too thought-provoking I found it to be quite involving and with a good pace.
Quote from xaotik :Män som hatar kvinnor (Men Who Hate Women), fairly entertaining crime/mystery flick that's not too predictable/obvious and despite it not being all that complicated or too thought-provoking I found it to be quite involving and with a good pace.

This is the second part, this is the third part (don't know if you already know...).
V for Vendetta

Old but my very favorite movie.
The War Game. A horrible film (its content, not the film making), it's easy to see why it was banned from TV for 20 years.
Just saw Toy Story 3, I highly recommend it.
I know it's not a movie as such, but Generation Kill is a must view imo. Great viewing

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG