The online racing simulator
Yeah, the AUG has an effective range of 300 m too (you don't even get any significant bullet drop over 100 m) and is displayed as one of the less accurate rifles in the game... Longest shot was IIRC about 1 km... Anyway, you'd probably shoot as straight as the sniper rifles over the average view distances you have in the game... Of course that wouldn't be much fun for the average FPS gamer...
So what's ya think about Hardcore mode, you play it more then 'normal'? My friends got hooked on HC, so i play it a lot lately, good thing is that there is no spotting and those stupid orange triangles above enemies (who's idea was that ffs), but i hate that i don't see the bush wookies, and generally, pretty much everyone camps because you can't see them after they kill you, no matter what class..
Quote from Boris Lozac :So what's ya think about Hardcore mode, you play it more then 'normal'? My friends got hooked on HC, so i play it a lot lately, good thing is that there is no spotting and those stupid orange triangles above enemies (who's idea was that ffs), but i hate that i don't see the bush wookies, and generally, pretty much everyone camps because you can't see them after they kill you, no matter what class..

I only play HC now, I just prefer how bullets actually kill someone, in normal mode it takes like a clip to kill someone, HC is a few bullets
Meh, you're exageratting, from my expierence i think the difference is only one bullet.. but you're a SNIIPEER, so it makes sense that you love it more.. :P
Quote from Boris Lozac :Meh, you're exageratting, from my expierence i think the difference is only one bullet.. but you're a SNIIPEER, so it makes sense that you love it more.. :P

Oh come on, I do play engineer and assault you know, the difference is massive.. unless your blind..
I've been playing a lot of hardcore mode.

So much fun flanking the bush wookies and blitzing whole groups of them with a single clip of assault rifle ammo. Proper combat is much nicer too, less of a DM feel. Finally got Marksman AR which makes things a fair bit nicer.

I'm still rubbish though, and I have no friends to kill
I always play hardcore, much more realistic.
LOL, I just played a game, was team of recons on both sides..

This game needs some class restriction like TF2
I seem to die much more in HC and that's what's pi**ng me off, but i can't say it's because i'm bad, i don't know the reason, maybe cause i move too much, and others just sit in one place.. Killcam was invented with a reason, and that's to stop camping..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I seem to die much more in HC and that's what's pi**ng me off, but i can't say it's because i'm bad, i don't know the reason, maybe cause i move too much, and others just sit in one place.. Killcam was invented with a reason, and that's to stop camping..

Imho, its because on normal you can pretty much run through enemy shots and survive, on HC you die instantly
I gotta give it to Infinity Ward on one thing, and that is their "Killcam", or better say, replay of how you died, that's a pretty cool thing, and also the winning kill..
I won't agree with that totally, Kill cam is stupid.. Oh lets tell the guy who died where his killer is.. So that he can go and kill him easily.

Kill cam is stupid full stop. Game winning kill yeah that is a better thing to have, nice to see how noob the kill was or how pro it was :P

But tbh, I can't wait for this new patch hope that the game keeps getting better.
It's not realistic per se, but it keeps the game flowing and it helps in eliminating campers, cause you gotta move from that spot cause the guy knows where you are now.. it keeps the game at a more interesting pace IMO..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's not realistic per se, but it keeps the game flowing and it helps in eliminating campers, cause you gotta move from that spot cause the guy knows where you are now.. it keeps the game at a more interesting pace IMO..

Theres nothing wrong with campers in this kind of FPS, its how the game is played, snipers camp ofc as their not supposed to run into battle , other classes can do what they want..

Mmm new patch looks good I guess, ashame they are doing nothing to optimize the game more...
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's not realistic per se, but it keeps the game flowing and it helps in eliminating campers, cause you gotta move from that spot cause the guy knows where you are now.. it keeps the game at a more interesting pace IMO..

Go play CoD you anti camping n00b!

I just hate this "no camping it's stupid" shit...
Quote from G!NhO :Go play CoD you anti camping n00b!

I just hate this "no camping it's stupid" shit...

Yeah lol, the only game I dont like campers on is CS:S
I see Bush Wookies found themselves offended with me talking about Killcam
Bush wookies.. LOL thats brilliant.

But im not a Bush Wookie. Mainly play Engineer or Assault.
Lol bush wookie, cause sometimes one bush just isnt enough.
I've only ever played a few times on a HC server. But just because a server is displayed as HC doesn't mean it's got all the HC options on. If any of these settings exist a server will display as Hardcore.

isHardcore = true
infoFriendlyFire = true
infoAutoBalance = false
infoKillCam = false
infoMiniMap = false
infoCrosshair = false
info3DSpotting = false
infoMiniMapSpotting = false
info3PersonVehicleCameras = false

So a server might just have the 3rd person camera for vehicles disabled and it will display as a HC server but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll die any quicker or whatever

I usually tend to filter out HC servers for the simple reason that I just want to have some casual fun. I haven't touched a shooter in 6 or 7 years for reasons I will not be going into right now, so I'm not at all interested in these supposedly more realistic settings.

And if anyone knows of a "no snipers" server then let me know, I'm there They can just remove the Recon class from the game altogether, I wouldn't mind
I don't see the problem that everyone has with Recon's..

If your team is full of them then just find another server or play with some friends..
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from obsolum :I've only ever played a few times on a HC server. But just because a server is displayed as HC doesn't mean it's got all the HC options on. If any of these settings exist a server will display as Hardcore.

isHardcore = true
infoFriendlyFire = true
infoAutoBalance = false
infoKillCam = false
infoMiniMap = false
infoCrosshair = false
info3DSpotting = false
infoMiniMapSpotting = false
info3PersonVehicleCameras = false

So a server might just have the 3rd person camera for vehicles disabled and it will display as a HC server but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll die any quicker or whatever

Hmm, how peculiar. Thanks for the info!
Quote from brandons48 :Games are made to be played, play them for fun.

Exactly And snipers camping in the bushes are taking the fun out of the game Glad we're clear on that

battlefield: bad company 2
(1054 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG