The online racing simulator
Quote from Bose321 :Stop complaining, 10 days shipping to my country from play.com Are they using rubber rowboats?

Hear hear. Still waiting my Dragon Age Origins and Arkhamn Asylym (shipped 11th of Feb from moon I presume).

Don't know what I'm doing but I'm actually thinking of buying this one for Xbawxxy.
Quote from Bose321 :Stop complaining, 10 days shipping to my country from play.com Are they using rubber rowboats?

Why don't you use Amazon? My copy should be in my mail next Friday...
Quote from bbman :Why don't you use Amazon? My copy should be in my mail next Friday...

Amazon didn't have beta IIRC. How much did you pay for you copy?
I couldn't resist and made a pre order. :P

Anyone who would like to play together in squad please send me friend request: X360 - kamkorPL
Quote from Bose321 :Amazon didn't have beta IIRC. How much did you pay for you copy?

Cant you cancel your order? or is it wayy to late

Gotta pre-order my copy ASAP
A question, to those living outside the UK, and are ordering from it.. Do you pay the customs fee (really don't know the right word for that), or just the sending costs, like 2, 3 euros? In Serbia they started to custom the games from UK more recently, and average is like 15 euros.. Is that a normal procedure in Europe, or single games should be custom-free?
Quote from Boris Lozac :A question, to those living outside the UK, and are ordering from it.. Do you pay the customs fee (really don't know the right word for that), or just the sending costs, like 2, 3 euros? In Serbia they started to custom the games from UK more recently, and average is like 15 euros.. Is that a normal procedure in Europe, or single games should be custom-free?

I think sending fee is the word, not sure.

Anyways, from play.com there was no fee for me.

Also, check out this badass TV commercial. It made me shiver a bit.

Eat your heart out MW2!!
Quote from Bose321 :I think sending fee is the word, not sure.

Anyways, from play.com there was no fee for me.

I'm not sure, i'm talking about your countries custom, when the game enters your country, does your custom charge you something additionaly, other then games cost + 2, 3 euros of sending costs...
Quote from Bose321 :Amazon didn't have beta IIRC. How much did you pay for you copy?

Nope, I've been in the Beta... I'll pay whatever is the smallest price that Amazon had since they added the game to their store for my copy and it's even the limited edition where you get the Colt 1911 and the Tommy immediately (not sure I need them)...
looks good, now im stuck with a difficult decision
buy it for PC £20 05/03
buy it for PS3 £35 pre order from HK 02/03

it is supposed to be better on console or pc? what specs will i need?
tempted to go pc as its cheaper to buy & i prefer mouse controls.

edit: i found them
Recommended Specs
Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
Graphics memory: 512MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2), 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

which means my pc is not gona cut the mustard (no support for XP! wtf)
Not sure on exact specs but I'm guessing they're high, going by the detail and size of the maps and the amount of action on screen.
Minimum:

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: 256 MB Video Card (GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900)
DirectX®: DirectX 9, 10, and 11 support
Hard Drive: 15 GB

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or higher
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: 512 MB Video Card (GeForce GTX 260/ ATI Radeon 4870)
Controller Support: Support for Logitech G15 and G19 keyboard LCDs in multiplayer
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm not sure, i'm talking about your countries custom, when the game enters your country, does your custom charge you something additionaly, other then games cost + 2, 3 euros of sending costs...

I honestly have no idea about that, but I don't think they will charge me more, because it clearly said included everything. May vary with shop and country ofcourse.

Quote from bbman :Nope, I've been in the Beta... I'll pay whatever is the smallest price that Amazon had since they added the game to their store for my copy and it's even the limited edition where you get the Colt 1911 and the Tommy immediately (not sure I need them)...

Well, I'm not gonna cancel mine I think, unless I can get it super cheap, but erm, the limited edition is useless, everyone will get the same things after a few months, and some of them if you got veteran status IIRC.

Quote from anttt69 :looks good, now im stuck with a difficult decision
buy it for PC £20 05/03
buy it for PS3 £35 pre order from HK 02/03

it is supposed to be better on console or pc? what specs will i need?
tempted to go pc as its cheaper to buy & i prefer mouse controls.

edit: i found them
Recommended Specs
Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
Graphics memory: 512MB
Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2), 10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

which means my pc is not gona cut the mustard (no support for XP! wtf)

Get it on the PC, I don't know about your specs. But XP should run, I got some classmates, 2 with XP, 1 with Vista, and 3 on 7, incuding me, and they all seemd to run just fine. It's just that XP is the slowest of all, and only DX9.
Quote from Bose321 :
Get it on the PC, I don't know about your specs. But XP should run, I got some classmates, 2 with XP, 1 with Vista, and 3 on 7, incuding me, and they all seemd to run just fine. It's just that XP is the slowest of all, and only DX9.

Why is XP slower? I heard vista is a ram hoar. I can live with DX9 although BF2 had DX9 & that was years ago. Hopefully a DX10 patch will come.
Quote from anttt69 :Why is XP slower? I heard vista is a ram hoar. I can live with DX9 although BF2 had DX9 & that was years ago. Hopefully a DX10 patch will come.

There is no such thing as DX10 patch for XP, because XP does not support it. DX9 itself is fine for the game. I believe XP doesn't support some things, or isn't optimized in some things, not sure, but I only heard less possitive things about XP. But then again, what stops you from getting 7?
Deserves better.

Does anyone believe me, if I said I'm downloading it for the PC? Can't believe it's cracked, I just couldn't resist... I'm not gonna play though, or am I? Done in 30 minutes.

But really, I feel bad now, this epic game shouldn't be downloaded...
Quote from Bose321 :Deserves better.

Does anyone believe me, if I said I'm downloading it for the PC? Can't believe it's cracked, I just couldn't resist... I'm not gonna play though, or am I? Done in 30 minutes.

But really, I feel bad now, this epic game shouldn't be downloaded...

download it and play it, then delete when you get the real game
Done in 15 minutes now. :O

Gonna install tomorrow and then I'll browse quickly through it. I'm really gonna play once I get my copy.

I'll show some tease-pics tomorrow
Quote from Bose321 :Done in 15 minutes now. :O

Gonna install tomorrow and then I'll browse quickly through it. I'm really gonna play once I get my copy.

I'll show some tease-pics tomorrow

kk
if you could, could you post some videos of you walking around some of the maps?
Quote from mutt107 :
if you could, could you post some videos of you walking around some of the maps?

Is that even possible offline? There's no bots, so i'm assuming it's not possible to walk through maps if you aren't actually playing online.. maybe i'm wrong, i hope i am.
Currently unpacking. I'm going to have breakfast, put it on my PC, and then I'll make a video.
Quote from Bose321 :Currently unpacking. I'm going to have breakfast, put it on my PC, and then I'll make a video.

Do it fast!

I havnt played beta for now anymore lol, same map all the time and that the stats get lost. Cant wait for the full release.
/me waits for Bose to get a badass virus

battlefield: bad company 2
(1054 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG