The online racing simulator
My friend did back in BF2 days. I couldnt believe it when he said he payed 40 quid for it. Needless to say, he was banned of 90% of the servers couple days later.

Cheaters are just weak. Its double the pleasure for me when I still kill them so...
I've never cheated online and i never tend to do that, but on topic now, my 9800 gt seems to fail on this game, it get's all blurry when explosions/cars/helicopters...too bad. haven't tried updating drivers though, i had to reinstall w7 last week. Otherwise game looks great.
Well this is a bit stupid...

60% of the players are bloody snipers.
I honestly can't say that - in the few games (as I too suffer from the no connection-issue) I was in, there was always a good mixture of classes... I seem to have been put in good teams though, I haven't lost a round to date with the retail version...
I tried 3 servers. Only one had a well balanced game. The other two had over flow of snipers....

I mean I dont hate the Recon class. Its brilliant. I just hate it when bad people play it... All they do is sit in bushes or camp in light houses mowing you down from the other side of the map... Not very fun.
Quote from DevilDare :I tried 3 servers. Only one had a well balanced game. The other two had over flow of snipers....

I mean I dont hate the Recon class. Its brilliant. I just hate it when bad people play it... All they do is sit in bushes or camp in light houses mowing you down from the other side of the map... Not very fun.

For them yes as they have 65486540246:12 score thinking they're best fps players ever. Every game, same shit.
Quote from DevilDare :I tried 3 servers. Only one had a well balanced game. The other two had over flow of snipers....

Well, they are doing it right then, aren't they? Or do you expect a sniper to go stand in the open field and hold up a huge sign saying "Attention, sniper looking to shoot enemies! Please avoid!"?

There's a recon (sniper) class in the game, deal with it.

Is it fun to be taken out by a sniper from far away when you don't know what's comming to you? No it isn't. Is it how the game works? Yes it is.

I love to play as a recon. I play fair, i make average points, blabla. I get taken out by snipers aswell, also by people who happen to find me in my "sniper hideout", wherever that might be.

I play on hardcore mode by the way, where you don't even see where the enemy is after he killed you. It happend to me that the same sniper killed me three times in a row, while i was trying to figure out where he was sitting. It's fun, makes it a challenge. Get over it.
I couldnt have said that better myself "jibber" its the exact same thing in MW2, and any other FPS game for that matter(exept CS series).

And it really pisses me off!

Maybe its just that people are retarded to a level never before seen in human history.

"hmm!?! there is a sniper there, and he killed me!"
"camper n00b!!!"
"but hey im to stupid to throw a grenade at him, so ill just keep going the same path again, and again and again... and keep calling him n00b and camper untill he stops"

Gah! its frustrates me to death, there IS a sniper/recon class in most games. And that class is supposed to be sneaky or take out enemies from a distance. By the looks of things some people seems to be under the assumption that you should just run in the open guns blazing with a sniper rifle VS a machinegun.

MW2 is an exellent example! the map called wasteland. Just sitt tight in the bushes or in the grass and DONT move or you will be spotted, its very simple and i tend get lots of points by just watching and taking out idiots running in the open with close combat weapons.

Its even easier to spot and take out the recon class in BC2 since they cant prone, and why some people gets pissed off really is beyond me.

Could it be that 99.99% of the gamers used to play CS series???
You guys are idiots. Recon class has more than enough abilities to even engage in close combat. For pete's sake, they can even destroy vehicles/tanks!

I hate the snipers that sit in one spot all game and call you shit names when you ask them nicely to help the rest of the team progress through the map and try and win the damn thing. I have seen many good snipers in my FPS life. To me a good sniper will still play team game and will always help out everyone else. They are meant to be a stealth class. Not a camping class.

I have seen many snipers back in BF2 days where they would actually progress with them team. They would fall back couple hundred meters find some cover and snipe down targets down the road, thus helping their team break through/capture the point. Not sit in towers all through the game. Sure when one sniper does it, ok fair deal, his choice. But it really gets on your balls when 60% of the team does the same thing! Whats more funny, is that a lot of the times they are the ones moaning... "omg u noobs! defendz!!!!".

"Maybe get out of your hiding spot and help out?!"
"Shut up noooob get to my level then tell me what to do!!! nooob"

/facepalm

I never said Recon/Sniper class is bad. I love playing it myself. I just hate it when retarded players pick it and imagine they are the best like Mysho said.

Before you run out with "Then play it as well" come back, it aint exactly fun when everyone else is playing it. Not to me anyways.
Play with people you know, and it won't be an issue?
Quote from DevilDare :You guys are idiots. Recon class has more than enough abilities to even engage in close combat. For pete's sake, they can even destroy vehicles/tanks!

They would fall back couple hundred meters find some cover and snipe down targets down the road, thus helping their team break through/capture the point.

First of all... see the bold part.

Guess what, i sometimes take the pistol and engage in close combat. I sometimes will sneak behind a tank and plant my C4 on it, then blow it up.

And who said i'd hide in the same spot from beginning to end? It's only common sense that you move along with your team.

Feel free to reply, but maybe think a little better about your opening sentence this time. :rolleyes:
I agree with DevilDare. I usually play with people I know in a squad and I'm always the Recon Class. We stick together, I drop back to get a good view and spot like mad, taking out people when I can so I don't give myself away. Once they've advanced I follow behind and help out if there's any tanks
Something from wiki regarding snipers...

Quote :
Often in situations with multiple targets, snipers use relocation. After firing a few shots from a certain position, snipers move unseen to another location before the enemy can determine where he or she is and mount a counter-attack. Snipers will frequently use this tactic to their advantage, creating an atmosphere of chaos and confusion.

Quote :
Due to the unexpected aspect of sniper fire, high lethality of aimed shots and frustration at the inability to locate and attack snipers, sniper tactics have a significant effect on morale. Extensive use of sniper tactics can be used as a psychological strategy in order to induce constant stress in opposing forces.
One may note that by many aspects (constant threat, high "per event" lethality, inability to strike back), the psychological impact imposed by snipers is quite similar to those of landmines, booby-traps, and IEDs.

So yeah, how about, deal with it? And by the way, it's a game... why so serious?
Quote from jibber :First of all... see the bold part.

Guess what, i sometimes take the pistol and engage in close combat. I sometimes will sneak behind a tank and plant my C4 on it, then blow it up.

And who said i'd hide in the same spot from beginning to end? It's only common sense that you move along with your team.

Feel free to reply, but maybe think a little better about your opening sentence this time. :rolleyes:

Well good for you. You are what I call good snipers. Too bad you did not realise I aint ripping on them, I am ripping at the ones who sit in the same spot through out the match.

I never mentioned you.
Jibber - That quote is about REAL snipers, not snipers in games.

Ah, I did something fairly cool yesterday - I had been sniping, got to about 22 kills, no deaths, I had ran out of ammo in my GOL, so I switched to my M1911 and hid away, watching the fights, I whipped out my mortar strike, got a few more kills whilst it was quiet around me. Then, an enemy soldier (assault class) Came past me - He hadn't seen me, I took him out with a few shots, picked up his kit, dropped an ammo box, switched back to my Recon class, and bang! Sniper ammo
I do agree with "Devildare" if your playing conquest or something like that, but in a squad deathmatch? sit tight and let the kills flow...

Like said, a sniper is supposed to take out enemies from distance, but in BC2 you are effective in close combat aswell(with the right setup/players skillz.) c4 on vehicles seems to have become a favourite thing for me.

This is MY STYLE when playing Recon...
Sit in bushes and hide, take out distant targets if possible. Sneak around and dont get noticed.... rather let one enemy slip by than get noticed, then BAM! take them with knife/pistol, fall back and hide(repeat sequence).

I do the same with vehicles, just wait and then BAM! out fast with C4 and haul ass into the bushes then BOOM!

The key thing is to not stay in the safest and most "obvious" locations, but in places where people dont look and/or wont expect you to be... Your more effective while sitting in that line of trees or in that stupid bush no one cares for than being a "sitting duck" on the top of a hill where everyone expects a sniper to be...
I play Recon as spotter/suppressor, by that I mean I take down high value targets and spot like mad. To me Recon is more about thinning the crowd so that other classes can rush in and score the objectives, when it comes to defense it's about taking out snipers and laying C4 on vehicles. But I switch classes all the time during a game, based on the needs of my squad/team. If you just stick with one class no matter what is happening then you will lose, unless you have a good squad to balance it out.
I haven't played this game but the reason I can only play multiplayer shooters when I'm seriously drunk is people like DevilDare, who spend the whole round blaming other people on their team for not winning, and complaining in a multi-class shooter that not everybody is playing in exactly the same way.

Find me in game. I just plaid for 13 hours straight. I'm pretty tired, but I think I'll go back for more! Let's team up .
well i had an epic fail of truely biblical proportions yesterday

was playing as recon on the panama map on a server with friendly fire on and was tucked away nicely in the bushes / trees alongside the road, minding my own business, spotting and taking out the snipers on the top floors when i spotted the other team apparently having a union meeting with about 9 of them all standing together, making no attempt to move and presumably waiting for everyone to group together with the tanks etc for a movement in force.

ideal target for a mortar strike i thought, so i get the binoculars out, aim at them and get a lock on. got the confirmation message and sat back waiting for the fun to start.

hmm guess who hadn't noticed the mortar had achieved a lock on on a branch that was waving about just in front of me? pretty spectacular way of killing myself
Rofl, best thing I've read all week
Loving it so much

Feel free to add me/pwn me etc...
*Insert angry mail to play.com here*
*Laughter.*
the game lags like mad to me... MW2 runs fine and so does GTA IV :/

this is win, amirite

battlefield: bad company 2
(1054 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG