The online racing simulator
OH MY GOD

Just got in the mail, yay. *Installing*
I'm thinking of buying this game. Should I? Is it fun?
Yes

Buy it!
Wtf is this, exactly the same problem as I had/have with BF2.

My PC freezes after like 5-10 minutes, sounds loops really fast, and then screen turns black... Didn't have this with the beta.
AN 94 Abakan is pure po*n! Although a bit crap in CQC..
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I'm thinking of buying this game. Should I? Is it fun?

If you pc can handle it then yes, its a must buy
Just completed the singleplayer, imo the start and end of the game are the best, the middle just seemed the same, almost pointless, I have to say the ending was great,

Yes buy it for PC :P
PC > Console.

Great game. Currently MP.
Could be better, but I keep having some very poor games lol

Quote from Bose321 :PC > Console[/IMG]

At least i don't have to deal with cheaters and numerous errors and CTD's...
Quote from Boris Lozac :AN 94 Abakan is pure po*n! Although a bit crap in CQC..

It's great.... But not as good as the M416! Loving that gun.

Nearly got my M16, after i've got that i'll build up the engineer class
here are my stats.
Quote from Boris Lozac :At least i don't have to deal with cheaters and numerous errors and CTD's...

Atleast my game looks good, and able to play with the proper controller, keyboard and mouse.

And I havn't had a single CTD, and no cheaters. Just a problem with the game that the sound is sometimes sent to soundcard, even if you don't got one(onboard), which makes PC lockup.
You JUST got the game ffs.. ask your friends who got it day one.. And my friends who have PC version say that cheaters are practicly in every game now, at least one... And don't give me that crap about mouse/keyboard... once you get used to the controller it's awesome..
I don't get this stuff about Mouse and Keyboard is better then controller, neither of them is more 'realistic' than the other.
Mouse & Keyboard is the proper way to go for FPS shooters. As far as cheaters go, do you mean blatant fly around the map at 1000mph cheaters? Or just players better than whiney friends.
Ever heard of punkbusters and proper admins?
Could an old skool BF2 fan do a quick honest review of this game?
I have been tempted, but really what does it offer that BF2 does not?
Game play seems kinda similar.
Quote from anttt69 :Could an old skool BF2 fan do a quick honest review of this game?
I have been tempted, but really what does it offer that BF2 does not?
Game play seems kinda similar.

I count myself as that, Been playing BF2 since release (was actualy beta tester).

Uhm, yeah well... Easiest way to subscribe it, it's like BF2, but then with alot of nice stuff like smoke, so it's it's good looking, the sound, is awesome, and it just FEELS good.
The thing that you might miss, is the close-combat as in BF2, in terms of those nice city maps like 'Strike at Karkand'. Sure there is Close-combat in BC2, but it's not as good as in BF2 imo, like you get shot from each side in BC2, it's a bit of a chaos compared to BF2.
Another thing, I assume you want it for the PC, make sure your PC runs it for optimal enjoyement.
A thing I miss from BF2 is the handling of the vehicles and such, it feels just 'not right' for some reason.

But you actually can't compare BC2 to BF2, because BC2 really is a game, that just weirs the Battlefield name, it's not the Battlefield we're used to.

Conclusion, it's good, and it has alot similarities from BF2, but made those just alot better! So go for it!
Quote from Alex_Ward :I don't get this stuff about Mouse and Keyboard is better then controller, neither of them is more 'realistic' than the other.

Exactly... there's something about not being able to hit someone so easily as you can with the mouse.. it adds some tension and it's a welcome change after years of Counter Strike.. And there's also something in the knowing that everyone has the same game as you, everyone has the same fps, same details, same controller..
Unlocked the whole Assault class, definately the most useble rifle is M416.. Abakan is awesome, but it's pretty rubbish in close quarter combat..
@ Boris - Damnn you've over taken me I gotta go get that M16 now.
Quote from AstroBoy :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... So4tk&feature=channel
Nice little video i stumbled across
It stats the obvious but still, throwing it out there.

Well more like tips for the console nubs ofc all us PC users know this already.

Nah just kidding, but more than likely the kids playing this game don't bother looking at these help videos, all they do is play Recon and suck and at getting the headshots.

Just an update on my stats

My stats

SP gets better the more I play it

Tips for finding a decent (i.e. not idiot infested) server for a newbie?

battlefield: bad company 2
(1054 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG