The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I take it there's no way to play iRacing offline? Excuse my noobishness, but whats SR stand for?
Wait, it's Safety Rating isnt it?
Quote from Rudagar :I take it there's no way to play iRacing offline? Excuse my noobishness, but whats SR stand for?

SR=Safety Rating
Post feedback. I really liked the LM on road courses
It doesn't make sense to me that they can't figure out some way to keep a server up to allow people to launch a test session while they're performing maintenance. Doesn't it just have to verify you own the content?
Quote from tiagolapa :They wrote a post in forum saying about the maintenance.

Thats my point really, its not the kind of information they should expect us to hunt around the forums for. As it stops from using the software completely then it should be announced properly for everyone to see.

edit: site been down for over 3 hours now, this better be good.
edit: good point BV if they left the verification part up at least we could run some practice.
Quote from anttt69 :Thats my point really, its not the kind of information they should expect us to hunt around the forums for. As it stops from using the software completely then it should be announced properly for everyone to see.

edit: site been down for over 3 hours now, this better be good.

I dont think it will be much. Probably doing stuff for the daytona 500 weekend...
why don;t they send an email to each member saying when the site's going to be down/ they have an email address for everyone. ok a lot wouldn't read it or would loose it in their spam filter but at least it would show an effort to inform their users
Back up btw...just in time for the Jetta, not that there will be anyone else on though.....

Balls
It is due to finish about now I think. As far as I can remember it is more of an infrastructure upgrade - so hopefully we will have less unplanned maintenance like we got on Saturday/Sunday last week.

Edit: Member site is back up as planned.

I'll race with you Mackie.
I read in FAQ section this:
We also offer an off-line commercial version for testing only (driving any car you want on any track)
anyone knows does that mean all cars and tracks, and how much it costs?
now come think that way, makes sense. it was kinda weird honestly if it was like i understood....
one more thing interests me (just too much posts to go through):
is it possible to go through licences without doing ovals (i just cant stand them:shrug and nascar-ish cars, but just road courses?
nice. so iracing is then still an option.
im still in opinion that is too damn expensive, but....there is still that fricking but....
those few new tasty tracks (oran park, zandvoort, and if there was suzuka bathurst or of course the ring - buying would be dangerously close) and lotus and uplcoming f1.....make this game increasingly interesting

did i say it is awfuly expensive....
Damn, I just ran a 1:47.6 at Laguna in the Solstice, desperately trying to get my podium back on the last lap

I didn't get it back though
Quote from Rudagar :I'm loving racing the Solstice round Laguna, just won my first race at my first attempt. Can we all race with each other? I think this will link to my profile http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/Profile.do is there some sort of friends list thing?

Yes, there's a friend list. In the topright you can look up a driver by name. In the list with search results, hover your mouse over the helmet in front of the driver's name and click "Add Friend". You can also choose to "study" him. Explanations on the page

The link you provided just points to each driver's profile, eg. if I click it it brings me to my profile, if someone else clicks it it will bring them to their profile
Quote from Rudagar :I'm loving racing the Solstice round Laguna, just won my first race at my first attempt. Can we all race with each other? I think this will link to my profile http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/Profile.do is there some sort of friends list thing?

Congrats again on that win

i finshed 3rd in that race. Had a damaged car so there was no chance i was catching up with you lot. But for your first race that was some achivemeant.
I knew I recognised the name . Raced again but was all over the place and exited in a fury of rage
very good, man!!

gratz on that!!
my first road victory was also @ laguna!!!
Quote from buck77 :very good, man!!

gratz on that!!
my first road victory was also @ laguna!!!

Mine aswell
Quote from buck77 :WOW!!!

keep going like that and you will be a real life driver next year!!

oh noes... you dont live in the us, canada or mexico!
pits

Haha, yeah, it's no use to me, but i'm glad anyway. Still i'm targeting only TOP20, because, let's be honest, there are better drivers out there.

I wouldn't mind if VW did similar contest in Europe though.
Is there any way to change my club? It's Celtic at the minute, and being a Rangers fan I'd quite like a change .
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG