The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
The ABS light indicator is always on on remote cars online (XRT etc.). Is that because of different test patch?

Edit: I just noticed that the ABS indicator is on when ABS is off. Why isn't it off too?
That is because the onboard computer warns you that a safety feature is disabled (by setup or unavailability in Z0), much like the TC indicator behaves on FZ5 since patch T.
Quote from Flame CZE :The ABS light indicator is always on on remote cars online (XRT etc.). Is that because of different test patch?

Edit: I just noticed that the ABS indicator is on when ABS is off. Why isn't it off too?

Quote from Mr Roberts :
It should come on when ABS is switched off. This is because, as far as I know, on real life cars where you can switch off ABS, the ABS light will stay on as a warning.

beaten but I looked for the quote
And another thing I want to know. As Scawen said something about the TCP/UDP connections and something about my bug, I want to know if the server list is now generated by UDP or TCP, because my bug can still be reproduced. Thanks
No, I ran out of time for that one.
I still have the same problem in Z20. LFS opens in Windowed mode, when I try to switch to Full screen LFS/Windows 'crashes'. (black screens/flickering. Can only exit LFS with ending the proces)

Windows 7, 32bit. (4870 1GB)

-edit: alright, changed 'Windowed mode' to Full screen in cfg file. Now it seems fine.
Quote from zeromussov :I still have the same problem in Z20. LFS opens in Windowed mode, when I try to switch to Full screen LFS/Windows 'crashes'. (black screens/flickering. Can only exit LFS with ending the proces)

Windows 7, 32bit. (4870 1GB)

Try to remove the "Window" line in the cfg.txt file. Should fix it
Guess what? I think I was asleep when Z19 came out!!!:ices_rofl

Things are heating up...
Guis i have updated the Z18 and my fps droped so if i update it to Z20 it will b the same?
Quote from deiwisxxx :Guis i have updated the Z18 and my fps droped so if i update it to Z20 it will b the same?

Just try it.
#87 - senn
then stop wasting ours.
Quote from deiwisxxx :Don't want to waste time

Doesn't take much to make a copy of your LFS and patch it.
Besides,no one can tell if you'll experience fps drops,i upgrades and didn't notice any change,others did.
You don't have to copy entire LFS folder to make a separate test patch. You can only backup your Z LFS.exe and replace it with the Z20 one.
Hey Scawen since you're doing dashboard updates anyway, any chance you could change the values on the fuel gauge from 0 and 1 to E and F? And same with the temperature gauge. Thanks for the test patches so far, hadn't had much time to play around with them, but the updated dashboards look great!
Nicely done Scawen. But can you do that engine overheats.there is temp guage but no use of that guage
Quote from Scawen :Other changes to view system :

Two button look (left + right) is now double the one button look and
this allows up to 180 degrees look (like old versions of LFS).

btw, why combo left + right not show R view?

Example:

FZR (left + right)

FZR (R)

R view is better.
left+right is more realistic

*please move this topic and the topic abovve me to spam section*

<bug_report>
Game has freezed when i changed from windowed to fulscreen mode. Note that a part of the window was out of my monitor´s visible space before fulscreened.
A part of my web browser was visible in background, part of the screen was black and the game was frozen.
Everything went back to normal when I put the game back in windowed mode
</bug_report>
Attached images
2009-10-17_213444.png
#94 - senn
Are you sure it's Z20 version, and not Z19? No anti virus software slowing down the PC doing a scan etc? What are your pc specs/operating system etc?
I have just played Z20 for a while and noticed a few things:

1) I always start LFS in fullscreen mode. BUT! After minimizing it (alt+tab) and then getting back to fullscreen (by clicking the minimized LFS on the taskbar), I wasn't able to rewind/forward the replay that I was watching at the moment, because after moving the cursor to the bottom of the screen, the replay control panel didn't show up. There was the vertical resize cursor instead (the up-down double arrow).

2) Still in Z20 and I was unable to click some GUI buttons. Had to click a few pixels under them. This has already been discussed earlier.

Both problems fixed by Shift-F4-ing to windowed. Going back to fullscreen by Shift-F4 again and it worked fine then too.

I have a WinXP SP3 machine with nVidia GeForce go7300 (mobile graphics).
Did you try one of the test versions that Scawen also posted here?
Quote from Flame CZE :Did you try one of the test versions that Scawen also posted here?

Nope, because:

Quote :Changes in TEST PATCH Z20 :

FIX : Z19 problems going full screen in some versions of Windows

I thought it was definitely fixed in Z20.
Weird Glitch/Error in single player mode
Hello all,

I've just downloaded Z20, I've found a weird glitch, and I created a video replicating the glitch.

When in single player mode, on the drag strip after you finish a race, and you want to view the replay, but you hit the restart (shift-r) and then immediately press 1 to try to view your replay, I get a Replay OOS error, then when I press shift-r to restart the race, I end up driving the AI vehicle instead of the car I originally selected.

I've only tried replicating it on the drag strip, I will try to replicate on the other tracks:

To Replicate:
1. Complete a race on the drag strip.
2. Restart the race but press "1" for replay instead as if you are meaning to view your replay instead of restarting the race
3. You should get the "Replay OOS" error.
4. Restart the race, you should now be in your AI's vehicle instead of your own.

I've succesfully duplicated this error three times now.

I'm in the process of uploading the glitch to youtube as I don't have any other way of uploading a 86 mb rar file. I will later edit this with the video link of me replicating the glitch/error.

I've tried saving a replay of me driving the AI car, but unfortunately the replay never worked.

This glitch seems to be able to be replicated on any track with using multiple AI as well and the glitch also appears, I've repeated the process several times, each time resulted in you being placed into another AI car. You also do not need to finish a race to replicate the error.
I can't reproduce the bug, jeremy. The replay normally loads and plays
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG