The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
OK, a small bug, but probably has a good reason for it.

The trip metre in the RAC only increases on the focus car and cars within a close proximity of the focus car.

If you zoom to an RAC for the first time that already has a few kms on it's dash trip meter, it will say 0.0

The same occurs in replays as well as multiplayer.
edit: Jack Tebbutt found this bug.
Quote from JasonJ :OK, a small bug, but probably has a good reason for it.

The trip metre in the RAC only increases on the focus car and cars within a close proximity of the focus car.

If you zoom to an RAC for the first time that already has a few kms on it's dash trip meter, it will say 0.0

The same occurs in replays as well as multiplayer.
edit: Jack Tebbutt found this bug.

I think is the same as the mirros , when you are in the "TV" camera, you cant see the mirrors "Working" in the others cars, maybe the odometer in the rac is do de exact same thing
It dosn't matter what view you are in.:banghead: It's the part of the game that keeps track of the Odometer in the RAC. It keeps counting no mater what view you are in. This works fine. You can jump to their internal view and see it is keeping track just fine in or out of their vehicle. The varible is adjusted accordingly.

It just doesn't CONTINUE to count up when you go far away from the car (more than 100meters). But it's probably hard to get right because other clients may not have z20 so are not even keeping track of this ODO trip variable. I imagine it's a bit difficult to receive info from another car (like trip kms) when those other cars aren't even keeping a track of it.

When all clients are upgraded then it might start working fine because Scawen will add the missing link.
Ever since the test patches came out I have this problem, but never felt like reporting because I thought I had something set to wrong or it will get fixed with the next test patch, but it didn't. It might be even prior test patches, but I'm pretty confidant it came up with the test patches.

The problem is when I go to Shift+U view to set custom camera (mostly for pwnage video footage) and when I use my mouse and right click to move the camera mouse cursor is there, on the screen, ruining the perfect picture.
Shift F twice to get rid of mouse and replay controls in shift U.
Excuse my noobiness, but I should have posted video explanation of the problem earlier.

Notice: when I press shift+F, mouse appears, when i press it again, it's still there and disappears after small amount of time because it wasn't moved and once I move the mouse to move the camera, mouse is back there again.
Attached files
test.rar - 1.8 MB - 196 views
Try a new comand Shift+Z
works, ty kazza <3
Quote from GIGAfreak13 :hi, dont know if this is already postet here (the search function dropped nothing) but i noticed if i change the Mirror offset vertical to any value, it will reset after i pitted - dk if this has something to do with Z20 (maybe its not that important at the moment) is just noticed it and wanted to post it

regards

I can't seem to reproduce this, I got an FXO at Autocross, adjusted the mirror vertical offset, then went to pits and when I came out it was still there.

Quote from JasonJ :It dosn't matter what view you are in.:banghead: It's the part of the game that keeps track of the Odometer in the RAC. It keeps counting no mater what view you are in. This works fine. You can jump to their internal view and see it is keeping track just fine in or out of their vehicle. The varible is adjusted accordingly.

It just doesn't CONTINUE to count up when you go far away from the car (more than 100meters). But it's probably hard to get right because other clients may not have z20 so are not even keeping track of this ODO trip variable. I imagine it's a bit difficult to receive info from another car (like trip kms) when those other cars aren't even keeping a track of it.

When all clients are upgraded then it might start working fine because Scawen will add the missing link.

The odometer only updated in the full physics update. Distant cars use a lower resolution physics and their speedometer and odometer are not calculated. That display is really just to put something there in that digital display so it wasn't empty. So I'm not too worried about it.

Quote from jeremysmith :Hello all,

I've just downloaded Z20, I've found a weird glitch, and I created a video replicating the glitch.

When in single player mode, on the drag strip after you finish a race, and you want to view the replay, but you hit the restart (shift-r) and then immediately press 1 to try to view your replay, I get a Replay OOS error, then when I press shift-r to restart the race, I end up driving the AI vehicle instead of the car I originally selected.

Thank you, this caused all sorts of problems and even a crash. I've fixed it now and I'm just replying specifically to your post because the line in the patch changes log might not make much sense (when Z21 is released).

FIX : It was possible to start a replay while a vote was active

The fix is that any active votes are now simply cancelled if a replay is starting. "RACE RESTARTS" and so on are what I mean by a "vote".
scawen, i dont know if you can do this easily enough, but can you make it so the odometer displays a constant miles/km driven?

for example, i do 20 miles then change car, then go back to it, the mileage will be the same as when i pitted.
i have an problem...i cant choose layouts at any tracks!
Quote from Runie123000 :i have an problem...i cant choose layouts at any tracks!

Does an error message appear? Check your data/layout folder if there are some layouts.
Oh, nvm...i dont think it had anything to do with z20 =)
Quote from Scawen :I can't seem to reproduce this, I got an FXO at Autocross, adjusted the mirror vertical offset, then went to pits and when I came out it was still there.

allright then the problem seems to be local. it isnt that important anyway - just wanted to notice that one

so far

Sl4yEr
Quote from R3DMAN :scawen, i dont know if you can do this easily enough, but can you make it so the odometer displays a constant miles/km driven?

for example, i do 20 miles then change car, then go back to it, the mileage will be the same as when i pitted.

Would be cool if the odometer were tied to your LFSWorld miles/km driven in that car.
Quote from Scawen :Window size and position now restored after full screen or exit LFS

Sorry for kinda OT, but does this mean that LFS should "remember" its window size after closing? Because mine really doesn't - some little quarter screen box on the left
hi scawen,

i have a small wish (maybe you can add it): can you make an option to turn lights on by default? and it would be more realistic to let the lights on only when engine is running

Z20 seems to run good and stable, good work
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :hi scawen,

i have a small wish (maybe you can add it): can you make an option to turn lights on by default? and it would be more realistic to let the lights on only when engine is running

I've never seen car lights that turn on when the engine starts.
this is not realy a suggestion topic.
Quote from Flame CZE :I've never seen car lights that turn on when the engine starts.

Many modern cars have that as option. The light switch has an extra position for "Auto", which will result in the lights being turned on automatically upon turning the key to the same position required to automatically turn on the radio.
That said, LFS's cars, apart from the VWS and RaceAbout, aren't modern and I don't know if either of the modern ones has this feature or not.
I may have found a glitch but it is not easy to replicate.

Sometimes when running on multiplayer mode the list of connections does not display the right number of T's .... let me explain. Say there are 12 people connected and 10 are on track with takeover enabled but only 2 or 3 T's appeared.

Hope I was clear enough ...
There will be a 'T' for every person in the opposite state as you. If you are on the track then everyone who is spectating or in the pits will have a 'T'; if you are spectating or in the pits then everyone who is on the track will have a 'T'.

So if there are 12 people on the server and 10 of the racing (including you), only the two people not racing will have 'T's.
Were they spectating?
Quote from pik_d :There will be a 'T' for every person in the opposite state as you. If you are on the track then everyone who is spectating or in the pits will have a 'T'; if you are spectating or in the pits then everyone who is on the track will have a 'T'.

So if there are 12 people on the server and 10 of the racing (including you), only the two people not racing will have 'T's.

I was spectating, so there should be 10 T's
Maybe the 2 or 3 T's were in the pits or something? I can't really tell you right now but i don't think its a bug, circumstances have to be right for a takeover.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG