The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
I'll try a fresh installation of LFS with Z20 shortly to see if I can reproduce the glitch, in the meantime I have about 5 mins left on my video upload, i'll post that shortly.
I can already reproduce it and it doesn't seem to happen in Z.
After testing a fresh install, with Z20 installed on right on top of that, I wasn't able to reproduce the glitch directly.

However after replacing the new install cfg with the cfg file from my older lfs folder, I was able to reproduce the glitch that I was having.

It seems that their is just a problem with the old lfs settings on my end, and it doesn't seem to be affecting "fresh installs" directly.
Quote from WIGGA :Okay, thanks.

I will try some different drivers, maybe it works...

Its Vista/Win7... They don't allow the desktop to spawn over multiple moniitors (aka resolutions like 3xxx*1xxx)
sorry havent read all posts yet but i cant open lfs with they new patch , screens turns black and white like trying open the game again and again but nothing happens , its all black and white only.. any ideas ???
ignore
Thanks Niko, I was actually on Z19. I don't know why I keep having problems with patches not applying when I extract them first time around.

Edit: Oh, actually, I somehow managed to download Z19 again by mistake. I must be going mad.

Edit 2: Z20 has fixed the problem
Crash Z20

Application Error
Faulting application lfs.exe
version 0.0.0.0,
faulting module d3d8.dll,
version 5.3.2600.2180,
fault address 0x00036bfa.

Was idling at the side of the track and went to make dinner. When I returned I burped and then I noticed that LFS had crashed. I'm not sure if this is a Z20 issue but I'm fairly certain my burp was not responsible.
Nope, I canot reproduce that.

Also, yeah, it's true this is a feedback thread, but keep it constructive.
If it's good or bad, at least give a valid reason for why you think bad about a thing, or good.

This was btw not aimed for you, just generally.
Thank you! Looks really great.
EDIT:my video driver must be stupid somehow
Quote from IlGuercio :Guys,this is NOT the suggestion thread

BTW:i reinstalled my OS this morning and i had to unlock LFS.
Then i looked in the option screen and i went to set the resolution to 1280*800 by clicking on the relative button.
LFS crashed,i don't know why,may be my OS or Nvidia drivers but that's what happened.
Can anyone try to reproduce the bug?I don't know if it's just THAT resolution or my pc.
Thanks

EDIT:tried the other resolutions as well and LFS crashed as well.

Can't reproduce this, sorry. Maybe you need to install the latest soundcard/video/monitor drivers and try again
Quote from senn :Can't reproduce this, sorry. Maybe you need to install the latest soundcard/video/monitor drivers and try again

They are,i guess it's just my system acting stupid.
Quote from LFSn00b :Just wondering that there is still this one "glitch" that happens to me frequently.

When I try to leave LFS, it gets to the credits screen but freezes there. Nothing happens, I can not bring my task manager on top, or anything. I need to reboot to get out of this.

I cant give you any more information, sorry.

Try pressing spacebar, i noticed that i couldn't get out of the credits (EDIT: I'm at work, and on a demo version, that isn't unlocked, so its actually the "advertising" screen)by clicking anymore either, but spacebar still works...
Quote from Flame CZE :The ABS light indicator is always on on remote cars online (XRT etc.). Is that because of different test patch?

Edit: I just noticed that the ABS indicator is on when ABS is off. Why isn't it off too?

I doubted it, too. But, I renewed that it was good in "ON" as Scawen said.
Because the ABS warning lamp seems to light even if the car without the ABS-OFF button(I haven't seen it had with a Japanese road car?? ) pulled out the coupler(or fuse?) in the engine room and cancels ABS. Because I had not had the experience of actually doing it, it seemed that the ABS indicator is OFF.
Did you updated your graphics card drivers? It stopped when I updated my drivers to nVidia 8600GT
so we are not allowed to use our own skins in a testpatch, as it's modding the game?

Changing textures is not modding, in baltuxx case i would say either its the graphic driver causing havoc or a faulty card itself, i guess its the first one.

baltuxx, try another driver version (newer/older)
you can do whatever you want with the textures, but you need to be aware they can have unexpected results sometimes with test patches.
So if you really want to test, you're better of using a clean install.
Quote from Napalm Candy :You don't have enough RAM in your graphics card for this big textures. EVER when try a Test Patch try with a clean install of LFS, or not will be usefull for the devs. This fail is not from LFS or test patch, is because you has modified the game.

My videocard gforce 8600gt 512 and i don't mooded lfs, and drivers are newest
i have only souts and revoliution pack
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG