The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
Yes, I thought that might be the case.

In my opinion, this is a Windows issue (or maybe nVidia). Unfortunately I can't help in any way... LFS does show all the modes which are reported to it by D3D.

Maybe it's possible to fix it so your D3D does report the desktop resolution to LFS as an available mode, but I have no idea about that.

Someone suggested that you might have to wait for new nVidia drivers and maybe ATI can already handle this.

As far as I know, it works fine on Windows XP - the desktop resolution is always reported as a valid mode.

Disclaimer : this post is not based on evidence or any real knowledge.
Quote from N I K I :Since I sow like million posts in Z19 I thought someone has noticed, but now I see Z20 and same problem is still there. I drove just XFG a little bit last night, so I don't know about other cars, I guess they're fine.
I found this little bug, this sign on dashboard for headlights is kinda blinking. I also noticed this happens only with bigger FOV than dunno like 90, so here's a little photo of the problem attached too.

Hey N I K I! No, it ain't a bug, just a hardware limitation of the monitor. On a wider FOV the icon is much smaller so lets say 40 pixels are trying to render what 80 should do. That is why some detail is left out. When he g forces affect the camera view position the icon is drawn in slightly different position. That, along with the loss of detail makes the icon to be drawn without some of the little blue lines in one frame, and in the next one they're back but others are missing. It appears to be blinking but it's not.
Dashboard lights look decent in xfg/xrg.. but in GTR cars they just look like a stream of water brought them in. You could at least separate the left and right indicator lights and make everyhting not-so-huge and out-of-place.
Quote from scipy :Dashboard lights look decent in xfg/xrg.. but in GTR cars they just look like a stream of water brought them in. You could at least separate the left and right indicator lights and make everyhting not-so-huge and out-of-place.

To me it doesn't look huge at all and certainly not out of place.
i cant explain this... i just can say "look on desu_noto"
he joined the race when race restarted and he appeared out of bounds ¿?

as desu noto said to me, on his lfs he was out of bounds too
Attached files
lol whatttttt.mpr - 121.6 KB - 307 views
Quote from Scawen :Yes, I thought that might be the case.

In my opinion, this is a Windows issue (or maybe nVidia). Unfortunately I can't help in any way... LFS does show all the modes which are reported to it by D3D.

Maybe it's possible to fix it so your D3D does report the desktop resolution to LFS as an available mode, but I have no idea about that.

Someone suggested that you might have to wait for new nVidia drivers and maybe ATI can already handle this.

As far as I know, it works fine on Windows XP - the desktop resolution is always reported as a valid mode.

Disclaimer : this post is not based on evidence or any real knowledge.

Okay, thanks.

I will try some different drivers, maybe it works...
Can be will make possibility to paint wheel in different colours? That is that were separately painted both forward and back wheels?
#58 - senn
This isn't a request thread. Patch crash info or questions on this test patch only please.

If you want to suggest something, go here http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Is it some kind of placebo or does the server list load up faster than before?
Scawen changed server connection test from TCP to UDP iirc, makes it faster
Quote from ACCAkut :Scawen changed server connection test from TCP to UDP iirc, makes it faster

Aha but I thought it wasn't realized in the end.
Quote from hotmail :First off all there is nothing wrong at all on any of you bugs, its not a bug!

-Ok, i agree!

The tyre issue: you see the f9 screen like this because you probely changed you camber during the crash , this mean that all the weight of the car is now in the inside of the tyre. so a helll lot of negative camber (- camber) , what is created in the crash.

-Ok, i agree!

The speedo is probley because you are standing on the gras!

- No, I cant agree!

I cant agree the issue with the speedometer
cuz if i stand on the gras or not the speedo should work.

And i DONT stand on the grass, im lieing on the roof.
I don't know if it looks like that on other computers as well but from outside views the RAC instruments which are behind the steering wheel are white. I guess because all the other ones have white backgrounds too.
Attached images
RAC.jpg
Thanks for this patch Scawen. Now works all ok. With z19 I had problems..

Win7 x64
That's the same bug as in other dashboards from external views. The others are black, this is white.
Replay for Speedo issue.
#68 - senn
Quote from Heiko1 :I cant agree the issue with the speedometer
cuz if i stand on the gras or not the speedo should work.

And i DONT stand on the grass, im lieing on the roof.

Please tell us how to reproduce this "speedo glitch". Provide a setup if possible. Or Provide a replay so we can see what you're talking about.

Also on the contact patch being all on one side, i can't roll a car (i'm at work), but i'm pretty sure if it's off it's wheels, the contact patch (grey bars top of F9 windows) is meant to be nothing when the wheels aren't on the road, can someone confirm this?
Quote from Flame CZE :That's the same bug as in other dashboards from external views. The others are black, this is white.

Yeah, because from outside the instruments are not drawn just replaced with a solid color fill, but in this case I think these two rectangles should be black or replaced with a blank version of this panel.
#70 - senn
Quote from Heiko1 :Title says all.

That replay is from the previous test patch Z19. Try updating to the current Z20, and reproduce those bugs.
Quote from Nilex :Hey N I K I! No, it ain't a bug, just a hardware limitation of the monitor. On a wider FOV the icon is much smaller so lets say 40 pixels are trying to render what 80 should do. That is why some detail is left out. When he g forces affect the camera view position the icon is drawn in slightly different position. That, along with the loss of detail makes the icon to be drawn without some of the little blue lines in one frame, and in the next one they're back but others are missing. It appears to be blinking but it's not.

I hope Scawen will find some kind of solution, because this is extremely distracting.

Quote from scipy :Dashboard lights look decent in xfg/xrg.. but in GTR cars they just look like a stream of water brought them in. You could at least separate the left and right indicator lights and make everyhting not-so-huge and out-of-place.

Yup, it's hideous, especially since that speedo is in red only now :|
However, I hope that is just temporary solution, new interiors are coming for FZR and FXR with new patch, right dear devs?
the bug is still the same in Z20

try to reproduce it at ur own, and see that its still there.
Quote from Flame CZE :Aha but I thought it wasn't realized in the end.

He couldn't, servers older than Z20 would use TCP, which means 90%+ of servers will load at normal speed.
But I must admit seems to reload faster the list

All works right in Z20

BTW: I just installed Monkey Island 1 and it has the same bug as Z19, and the same fix, alt+tab
Quote from Heiko1 :Title says all.

yeh, and if you stop engine (just is you are flipped and tyres are moving), speedmeter go to 0. Tyres stop their moving too
Attached files
uhmmmmm.mpr - 18.4 KB - 279 views
That, if I recall correctly, is by design to reduce CPU usage. Cars with turned off engines are excluded from most physics calculations.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG