The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
Hello, dont know if its been said, or if its a known issue, but eversince i installed Z19, (havent tried z20 yet) im cannot click anything in the Options Menu, cannot adjust volumes etc etc. Its like the buttons dont exist, and are not clickable.

Also in shift - U mode, in order to select to folow a player you must click on the speed selection (not the Yes/No next to folow player)

going to try with z20
Quote from Razvan :Hello, dont know if its been said, or if its a known issue, but eversince i installed Z19, (havent tried z20 yet) im cannot click anything in the Options Menu, cannot adjust volumes etc etc. Its like the buttons dont exist, and are not clickable.

Also in shift - U mode, in order to select to folow a player you must click on the speed selection (not the Yes/No next to folow player)

going to try with z20

thats why Z20 is out
yep fixed!
Quote from ACCAkut :so we are not allowed to use our own skins in a testpatch, as it's modding the game?

Skins not are Hi-RES textures from LFSdatabase
... it CAN'T be just because he has custom textures. For example, he has messed chat and virtual clocks. Those textures are hard-coded into LFS.exe.
The main point being made was this. If you have a version of LFS with aftermarket stuff, you run a test patch and it does weird stuff, it's a good idea to do a clean install, install the test patch, and then try replicate it.

Being as he's the only one so far reporting that bug, it is something to do with either the LFS installation, his software/drivers, or his hardware.

It has been discussed enough IMHO.
Quote from Shadowww :Those textures are hard-coded into LFS.exe.

beware of spam!:

To be more precise: the texture-path is hard-coded..nothing more, nothing less
Quote from VoiD :beware of spam!:

To be more precise: the texture-path is hard-coded..nothing more, nothing less

So can you tell me DDS of file with virtual dashboard symbols and chat letters?
Quote from Shadowww :So can you tell me DDS of file with virtual dashboard symbols and chat letters?

By path he meant the vertices/points, though I'm pretty sure the letters are bitmaps.
Quote from Shadowww :So can you tell me DDS of file with virtual dashboard symbols and chat letters?

I don't think that virtual dashbord use DDS file....... Only the dash of car have DDS file..... If that helps you
OT:

Since when is a (so called) virtual dashboard testpatch-related..?
Quote from CUPRAMAN :I don't think that virtual dashbord use DDS file....... Only the dash of car have DDS file..... If that helps you

Yeah. But on his picture virtual dashboard is corrupted too, so it's not due to custom textures. -.-
I attached a replay about the bug we found after restarting the race.
Host is a Z15.

Take a look at "Zsolt", who (I guess) was lagging while the race was restarting, and he sensed nothing about restarting.

I've never seen anything like that before.

I hope it was helpful.
Attached files
restartbug.mpr - 15.3 KB - 305 views
Not a test patch issue - had happened to me in version Y.
Z20 Patch
I love all the new additions to the dashboard in the recent patches and noticed in a few of the cars they now have a working oil pressure guage, Could a oil temp guage be worked in by any chance in a future update? And possibly have the temp effect the motor damage or max power if you overheat. Just posting some ideas! Keep up the good work DEVS!!!
Everything on time
Quote from Shadowww :Yeah. But on his picture virtual dashboard is corrupted too, so it's not due to custom textures. -.-

Sorry, what pic is that?
Is the oil pressure pressure gauge actually working? What cars are it working on?
Quote from The Very End :Is the oil pressure pressure gauge actually working? What cars are it working on?

LX4/6 and RAC. They do work and hopefully lead to more stuff for the engine.
So how do it work, and what effect has it on the performance on the engine? I am not a car engineer, so I have no clue what the oil pressure's task is to do in an egine on how it would affect it. (Alltho I understand that without oil in the engine your screwed, but I don't see how the pressure plays an role or how it works in LFS).
Quote from The Very End :So how do it work, and what effect has it on the performance on the engine? I am not a car engineer, so I have no clue what the oil pressure's task is to do in an egine on how it would affect it. (Alltho I understand that without oil in the engine your screwed, but I don't see how the pressure plays an role or how it works in LFS).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_pressure

I'm not too mechanically minded either, i'm sure someone will pipe up about it.
To be honest, it looks like another revolution meter but with smaller range of movement. Mostly it moves in amost the same way as the revmeter.
TY devs
I have yet to see a difference between it and the RPM gauge, so I think it was simply a quick change that makes it look somewhat more realistic than an FPS gauge. I'm quite sure oil pressure is not modelled at this moment.
just something that i noticed when i was unlocking my S2 accound in lfs.

so far i could remember after a succesfull unlock he was sending me back too the main menu.

in z15-z20 this is not how its going anymore, now it returns too the username field. so it creates the illusion that you are not unlocked correctly
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG