The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Flame CZE :I've never seen car lights that turn on when the engine starts.

My friends' 1995 Volvo 850 has that option, so do most of 200* cars.
Most european spec cars do this. My '92 Mazda GTR does this.
Quote from J@tko :Sorry for kinda OT, but does this mean that LFS should "remember" its window size after closing? Because mine really doesn't - some little quarter screen box on the left

Yes, it should.

If you go into a window, resize it using your mouse then exit LFS...

When you restart LFS, you should have the same size window.

If that's not the case, please can you give a bit more info, like what sort of desktop setup you have and what size you left the window at?

NOTE : That does not apply to a "maximised" window. LFS does not store a maximised state and will only store the manually adjusted window size (when you drag an edge or corner to resize your window).

EDIT : Also state your OS and graphics card, please.
Well for me the windows size and position aren´t saved too.

Win7 64 bit, Nvidia 9600GT (latest driver), desktop at 1920x1080.

Every time I close LFS in windowed mode - not matter if I choose the Exit button or just use the X and no matter which window size or position I manually choosed - LFS starts with a quite small window positioned top left.
no problem with windows size/position for me
win7 x64, 8800GT - driver 191.07, 1920x1200
Quote from Crady :Well for me the windows size and position aren´t saved too.

Every time I close LFS in windowed mode - not matter if I choose the Exit button or just use the X and no matter which window size or position I manually choosed - LFS starts with a quite small window positioned top left.

After exiting LFS in a window that you have made quite big (nearly as big as your desktop) please can you have a look in your cfg.txt file and tell us what the "Window" line says (5th line of the text file).

I had the same issue, but only once, that was straight after installation of Z20 (Z18-Z20 IIRC) then after going to fullscreen then back to windowed and resizing, LFS remembers the size no probs

Win7,ATI,1920X1200

SD.

I have had issues like this one in the past with other programs. i would resize it, make it full screen and everything, but when i restarted the program it went back to what it was before i touched it..i fixed it by running the program in administrator by right clicking on the short cut and selecting "Run as Administrator"
I suggest you try this with LFS, launch LFS as administrator, resize your window and restart LFS, run it normally and see if it saved the size correctly
Quote from Scawen :Yes, it should.

If you go into a window, resize it using your mouse then exit LFS...

When you restart LFS, you should have the same size window.

If that's not the case, please can you give a bit more info, like what sort of desktop setup you have and what size you left the window at?

NOTE : That does not apply to a "maximised" window. LFS does not store a maximised state and will only store the manually adjusted window size (when you drag an edge or corner to resize your window).

EDIT : Also state your OS and graphics card, please.

Aaah I was merely maximising it

Works fine with it nicely resized, thanks
Re: Window size saving

Win XP SP3 x32
Geforce 7900GS driver 191.07 (single 1680x1050 monitor, single display performance mode enabled, also all quality options on high performance)

Win7 x64
Geforce 8500GT driver 190.38 and 191.07 (single 1680x1050 monitor, single display performance mode enabled, also all quality options on high performance)

Exit button, little X or alt+F4, no problems.

Kill process from taskman, window size not saved. Duh.

Ed. bah it was pebkac-bug, not LFS :P
Quote from BOSCHO :i think is a bug
one friend give me a hotlap replay (he uses z18) but it gives me an error on z20
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5296/15471352.png

You shouldn't report any problems with old test patches as they're water under the bridge and nobody who cares wants to know nothing of any problems one has with them. It only matters if the problem exists in current official patch* or latest test patch (Z20). IMNSHO anyway.

* but those reports don't belong into the test patch threads
Why do you take the time to answer if you aren't able to read correctly?

To quote him again:

one friend give me a hotlap replay (he uses z18) but it gives me an error on z20.

But still his error description is more then bad and I can't believe he really guess it is helpful in any sort.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Would be cool if the odometer were tied to your LFSWorld miles/km driven in that car.

only problem with this is that you would need to be online for it to get the information.
Quote from R3DMAN :only problem with this is that you would need to be online for it to get the information.

But if you are offline than there's no point to see the miles
CLRS530 - the problem is hotlaps made in test patches are not valid on LFSWorld, and that's why you can't open it in regular LFS Z
Quote from Whiskey :CLRS530 - the problem is hotlaps made in test patches are not valid on LFSWorld, and that's why you can't open it in regular LFS Z

You can't upload spr but you can review them.
Is something happening? Because me and a friend of mine can't load the list, and can't go in my server... We get version is Z3, and the list is saying 'wrong version' and stuff like that.
^ Please only use the latest testpatch (Z20) or Z. Anything in-between is a waste of time for everyone involved.
I am using Z20. The server of mine is Z3. ALL version servers show 'wrong version'.

edit- Reapplied Z20, works again.
Quote from CLRS530 :...

Is Z18 the current official patch or the latest test patch?

</spam>
My screen is flickering when I try to use 1920x1080 30Hz full screen. Never happened before.
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
30Hz?
30Hz is a very usable refresh rate for LCD monitors, they aren't as affected by flickering as CRT monitors Mine is on 1920x1080 30Hz with no flickering in LFS or Windows, but I'd get a headache instantly if my secondary CRT was set to anything less than 75Hz
You realize 30Hz = 30fps, right?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG